South Bay Area shops and suspension suggestions??

Splat

Hi!

Newbie and lurker with a 2002 reg Cab Tacoma 5spd (4.30 gearing and 265/75.16 tires).

Just wanted to know of any good recommendations of shops in the South Bay Area (SF - SJ area) would recommend to bring my truck in for suspension overhaul? (Can do myself, but lack garage and space!)

Thinking on ordering the "ulitmate light kit" OME with 880 coils from Cruise Outfitters, any other recommendations? (budget of around 1K for parts, not including labour)

Would like to keep the truck close to stock height but ok with 1-2" of lift (Do I need a diff drop kit?)

Not planning on adding a bumper or winch, may add a light camper shell, would love to keep this rig as light as possible!

Also sticking with 265/75 tire size!

This is my daily driver, on trips, we like to go off the beaten path, we have spent much time in the Sierras (Tahoe area), Desert area (Joshua Tree, Bishop, Mojave, Death Valley), Mendocino Nat Forest, and now (soon Moab!), driving fire roads to moderate grade trails (3.0). We do haul a small load of stuff in the back on occasion possibly anywhere btw 100lbs-300lbs of gear (we're climbers!) and on backpacking trips <50lbs total

Nonetheless, thanks so much for such a great site!

Comments, advice and pokes appreciated.

Last edited:

Derek24

Explorer
Try Cammerson's Offroad Shop (spelling?). They are all into Toyota's, he has a sweet 4runner that he runs the Rubicon alot. They are in Campbell on the corner of San Tomas Expy and E. Sunnyoaks Ave. Its a small shop, but he does good work and will help you out. Not too sure about anywhere else as I try to all the work myself. One thing, don't go to 4wheel parts they will end doing something wrong and charging you more for they're mistakes! Good luck with the lift, Reg. cab look the best lifted!!

NotAMog

Observer
Give Larry a call at Dirty Parts in Culver City. He is extremely knowledgable about all things Toyota. Check out his cool FJ if you get to his shop.

Green96D1

Explorer
Arabias Overkill is a good shop located in Campbell (San Jose) They do excellent work and are pretty good on every make of offroad trucks and 4wd's.

eli

Observer
South Bay Shops

I realize your looking for bay area shops but I would Highly recommend a gent by the name of Danny Beuck at dannybeuck74@yahoo.com . . .

He's in Sacramento and worked on my rig including the Donaho (now Icon) lift and body mount chop. Exceptional work and service . . .

Give him a call re the install and compare . . .

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94