Source for gen 1 LWB carpet?

Jeff V.

Observer
I just picked up a trashed out, rusty gen 1 LWB Montero. It's brown and tan inside, and the carpet is garbage. It'll never be a nice truck, but it doesn't have to look like a hobo camp inside.

For some unknown reason you can get SWB carpet from dozens of sellers on eBay. But I can't find LWB carpet anywhere. Junkyard donors are like unicorns around here, so that's not an option either.

If anyone has any suggestions besides bedliner, I'm all ears.

Jeff V.

Observer
Longer, different contours over the curved parts.

If I can get a package that includes the cargo area, that's a different shape and size as well. I might just put a piece of wood and rubber back there though.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
I know it's not ideal, but you can probably make a gen 2 carpet work with a little bit of finesse. ACC makes a few different styles you can get. The carpet I bought needed a lot of trimming and it wasnt perfectly contoured like the factory carpet was for my gen 2. That would be an option and it's better than bedliner.

Jeff V.

Observer
Thanks. I didn't know if a gen 2 would be similar enough to even be close. This thing is a rusty, leaky mess. So even poorly fitted gen 2 carpet would be an improvement over what's in there now. There's actually a gen 2 at one of the local junkyards right now. Maybe I'll go grab the carpet out of that just to see what I can do with it. It should be a cheap experiment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94