Source for Dana super 60 master rebuild kit?

McGuyver

Hello all,

I got a matched pair of axles out of a 2014 Ford F350 for my E350 van 4wd conversion. The front axle is a Dana super 60, the ring and pinyon looks in good shape, but I need to replace bearings. I'm looking for suggestions on a source for a master rebuild kit that includes bearings, shims, seals, etc. I know there's Yukon Gear and Axle, but was wondering if there are other options to consider. I would like to stick with Timken bearings (not Koyo). Thanks on advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

McGuyver

I don't think so. The MG kits (which I have) is designed to use the super 60.

Imbecile

Im no expert but this is cut and paste from a 4wheeler magazine article....

"The Dana Super 60 high-pinion front axle is based on the traditional Ford Dana 60-everything's just a little bit bigger. The 84.74-inch-wide axle (an F-350 front axle is 69.8 inches wide) was designed for the '05-and newer F-450 and F-550 Super Dutys, where it's rated to support 7,000 pounds of gross axle weight (GAWR) and cope with more than 600 lb-ft of engine torque."

Imbecile

Just thought i would mention it because if you dont have a super 60 and you order parts to rebuild a super 60, you may end up with the wrong parts. If you do have a super 60 your front tires are going to stick out past your fenders by about 15 inches based on everything i have read.

McGuyver

This is the kit I have. It uses a dana 60 from an '05 to '16 Ford Super duty truck:
I have front and rear axles from a 2014 F350.

I know that the super 60 uses different parts than the kingpin 60. I am looking for recommendations from anyone who has sourced a master rebuild kit for a super 60 before.

d5d777f19d21c52380fc7cca69c79e1c.jpg

Last edited:

McGuyver

Thanks for confirming MG. I figured I was okay. Are the F450 and F550 axles wider because of the DRW?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles