SONICMASD's 98 Montero LS Build & Adventure Thread: Black Betty

2/27/18: Staying on the whole safety and mounting stuff thing. I mounted a fire extinguisher onto the rear pillar on the driver side using 3 self tapping metal screws. I just used the cheap plastic mount/bracket the extinguisher came with. I hope it holds up on bumpy dirt roads. If not, I drilled 3 holes in the vehicle that I'll then probably have to cover up and redo haha.

I picked this spot because I think it is probably the most out of the way place I could put the extinguisher while still being easily accessible.

Oh PS - The whole molle velcro thing got me thinking, you could mount more pouches here if you want:

I have really enjoyed reading through your build and adventure thread. I just bought a 2000 Monty and as I was reading through your General Li build I have to say I wondered if I had somehow bought General Li. It seemed like every problem you mentioned the General having my Monty has. I hope you keep this thread up as I turn to it for inspiration just about every day now. I have two question regarding a couple of things you have mentioned in your General Li build. First, you mentioned a few times referencing the FSM. I can not find an FSM to save my life. Where did you go to get one? Second, did you ever solve the problem with the washer fluid not coming out of the headlight washers?

hings you have mentioned in your General Li build. First, you mentioned a few times referencing the FSM. I can not find an FSM to save my life. Where did you go to get one? Second, did you ever solve the problem with the washer fluid not coming out of the headlight washers?
Hey there, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you!

1. No chance you bought the General Li, haha. It is still in town and now running 37s and 5.29 gears. :)

2. You can get a FSM here: http://mitsubishilinks.com/ I also highly recommend downloading ASA (further down the list) so you can look up replacement part numbers.

3. The windshield washer fluid was a very easy fix. I just replaced the nozzles from parts from the dealer. MR388448 & MR388447