Sometimes it's the little things - new LED lights in the camper

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
When I acquired the Fuso, the truck camper had the standard two sided ceiling lights, each with one incandescent and one vintage cool white LED assembly. I hate incandescents (I spent my early years as an engineer designing those helical CFLs you see all over the place now) but to be honest hated the flickering, low CRI LEs in the camper even more.

I invested over $200 in Ming's Mark Green Long Life Replacement LED Bulbs (~$14/ea on amazon). At just under 3 Watts they are a direct right-angle replacement for the OEM 21 Watt lamps. They work great, look great (I like the finished looking white plastic enclosure instead of the bare circuit board), and cast great light.

41po-T5hAXL.jpg

Nothing earth-shattering, but sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
I converted our tent trailer to these styles of lights so the wife would not have the concern of battery drain when she takes her friends out with it. The ladies would use the lights and leave them on all day to find the batteries would not last a weekend. Could not convince them that having eight lights burning continuously drains the batteries. When you factor in the other electric draws they would put on the system. Some folks never get the conservation of energy issue when you are mobile. I installed a solar system on the trailer this year along with the lights and they had no issues.
Got to love when a little project gives such great results.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I converted our tent trailer to these styles of lights so the wife would not have the concern of battery drain when she takes her friends out with it. The ladies would use the lights and leave them on all day to find the batteries would not last a weekend. Could not convince them that having eight lights burning continuously drains the batteries. When you factor in the other electric draws they would put on the system. Some folks never get the conservation of energy issue when you are mobile. I installed a solar system on the trailer this year along with the lights and they had no issues.
Got to love when a little project gives such great results.

Another thing... in the summer (especially if you don't have AC) the heat that those incandescents will throw off is crazy. Can make a real comfort difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior