Something Completely Different : BC 2020

rfoubi

Observer
We did a nice singletrack loop, the views were amazing along the height of the grasslands

The network of grassy doubletrack was also a lot of fun to drive

On the plus side, all of the rain in the spring made for nice wildflowers. This area would usually be dry and brown in mid July. We continued driving around for a while taking pics and enjoying the scenery

Back to the campsite

and then another dodgy roadside crag to get the kids up on the rock

we were treated to another spectacular sunset while roasting smokies on the campfire

sadly, the trip was drawing to a close, and we had 400km of highway to navigate with two small kids in the car. It was time to hit the road and say goodbye to lundbom lakefront

we stopped for a quick leg stretch in hedley

Another stop along the similkameen river

The last stop was keremeos to stock up on summer fruit. Below is a link to the second half basic route.

part 2 route

And thats about it for the trip. It wasnt the most epic but it was a lot of fun. Hope you all enjoyed some different landscapes and scenery than the usual, and hope to see more trip reports from around the world! Thanks for following

greg.potter

Adventurer
Brings back many great memories of backroad exploration with our two girls in our Cherokee when they were young. There are so many great opportunities to get up into the alpine with kids on FSR's in BC. Now my girls are off on their own adventures mostly, but they still do come backcountry skiing, mountain biking and climbing with dad from time to time. Enjoy your time with them when they are young - it seems it's over in the blink of eye.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.65
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $7.49

DCH109

Adventurer
Great pictures. That area Kamloops, Logan Lake, Spence Bridge, Ashcroft, Merritt, and Lac Le Jeune I have spent a lot of time at and hit a lot of the same trails you did while I was based in Logan Lake.
Great country and brings back tons of memories.