Something a touch different for you

Rumpig

Adventurer
Knowing how much some of lot love your Landcruisers, i thought i'd post a pic up of a vehicle i saw in Birdsville when i was there last year. I stopped and chatted to the owner of this first vehicle for a short while and asked him if he minded me taking a few pics of it, i have a mate who is looking at doing a pretty similar conversion to his factory turbo diesel 100 series in the near future and wanted to show him how the back of the canopy was done on this one.

One thing i liked about the look of the conversion was how they'd covered over the spare wheels that bolt up onto the back of the canopy, most times you'll see them just sitting out in the open on the back of the vehicle, no real nice look to the set up. I didn't take any pics of inside the canopy but this guy had it all decked out, right down to the fishing rod holders bolted to the roof of the canopy.

And the funnily enough it wasn't the only 6 wheeled Landcruiser we saw on that trip, we ran into this guy and his wife towing a 5th wheeler several times on our trip. Not something i'd like to own as far as a set up goes due to how big it is, but we were given a tour of inside the van and can see why the owners like to travel the way they do.

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Thanks for the pictures! Always good to see something different. I sure wouldn't like to tow that trailer with what he has.

reldred

Observer
A lot of them (like mine) are lazy axle on the rear. The wagon half-cuts are getting rare since they won't let you cut cabs anymore, and most manufacturers are making decent dual cabs in Australia now anyway which can be converted.

Only problem with a six wheeler is that every man and his dog wants to stop and chat about your rig when you roll through town. Novelty wears off quickly for me on a trip since I'm a bit of a surly character :).

Edit: I haven't done any towing with mine, but they reckon the six wheelers make towing big trailers an absolute breeze. Heaps more stable on the road, better load distribution over axles and less limitations on tongue weight for fifth wheelers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94