Somedayilllearn's Bear

Rubicon85

Observer
Looks great, can't wait to collect some pieces for my setup one of these days...what battery trays/mounts are you using there?

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Looks great, can't wait to collect some pieces for my setup one of these days...what battery trays/mounts are you using there?

You know, I'm not sure. They were selected by Mitch at AdventureWired (if you find him on instagram and ask that would be the fastest way). They work well but should have been painted first. Rust resistant rattle can would have gone a long way. Something I'll have to fix up in the future.

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
You know what they say about trucks with lots of lights...

Sooooooo...

I'm going to be adding some more lights. I'm also going to be upsizing one set of my lights after I get them mounted correctly. This part of the project I call "add lights/fix lights". No, not as fancy as I would have liked but it is something that needs to be done to continue with my progression.

Pictured here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYUgmUmnx8H/?taken-by=somedayadventure

So, if you look closely, you can see my Baja Designs S8 10" light bar on the side of my Frontrunner Roof Rack. The purpose of this light is to provide better night views for my 4 boys as we drive through the wilds. If you check a few posts back, you can see where we used them to see some deer.

The problem however is two fold. First, the lights need to get out of the way. My CVT Tents Mt Thielsen is supposed to go up top but the clearance is too small for the light bar to be in the way. This means I am going to have to drill in new holes as the Frontrunner Rack doesn't have channels on the bottom. Not super stoked about it but it must be done. Second, I think the 10" is just a bit too small for what I want to do. I need to double my output. Also, I'm not using the full potential when it comes to that power switch (i'm only using half its power capacity) so, you know, why not.

Then, I have just come across an interesting piece of technology which I believe will change our camping/overlanding situation quite a bit. Stay tuned.

P.S. my pictures are not loading correctly. I'll have to try again later

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Lesson learned...beware of under water holes..........

View attachment 429049

Reminds me of my buddy and I unloading the toys 5 mins after arriving in Baja to go for a spin. He decides to wheelie over a burm on the wide open beach and as we crest the top he sets it down on the ONLY rock on the beach. His trip was over with a broken collarbone and he loaded up and went home. Hope everything is OK with your ride

tyv12

Adventurer
Holy! Lucky the air bags didn't deploy with the size of that splash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Ah man. No. Everyone but me was seatbelted in (yes I'm a **************). Only damage was from my chest snapping the steering columb and my head breaking the windshield. Front right fender is a 1/4 inch off but that shouldn't be hard to fix.

Here's the after shot
FTR_4164.jpg

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
I like your style dude, good to see people building rigs and using them, lots of guys bolt on sweet suspension and the biggest bump they hit is the speed bump at the mall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles