Some Moab Pictures

Observer
Just returned from Moab. Tested the 6" lift on Poison Spider and Fins and Things. I've done these trails many times and the lift, as expected, made a huge difference. The Sport really got it done!

My 16 year old son followed me in a RZR1000 and took pictures. He can really hold his own off-road.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
The truck looks great lifted and fitted with those tires, but it seems that articulation has been reduced a measurable amount. Is that an accurate observation?

Observer
The truck looks great lifted and fitted with those tires, but it seems that articulation has been reduced a measurable amount. Is that an accurate observation?

No, the articulation is the same as stock. Nothing about the stock suspension has been changed. Unfortunately, the lift does not increase articulation. That would require a changeout of the stock suspension. What I gained is clearance which was a big help in Moab. Increased articulation would have been nice.

Observer
This picture was taken last year when it was still stock. Same articulation.

The stock suspension hasn't changed.

photo nomad

Adventurer
No, the articulation is the same as stock. Nothing about the stock suspension has been changed. Unfortunately, the lift does not increase articulation. That would require a changeout of the stock suspension. What I gained is clearance which was a big help in Moab. Increased articulation would have been nice.

What lift gave you six inches? I've only seen the Johnson Rod swap which adds 2-2.5".

Observer
What lift gave you six inches? I've only seen the Johnson Rod swap which adds 2-2.5".

It was done by J Auston Fabrications in Parker, CO. Jack is know for his H1 Hummer lifts. Mine is the only one besides his with the lift. It's nothing like the Johnson Rod swap. If you're interested I can send you his contact info?

photo nomad

Adventurer
It was done by J Auston Fabrications in Parker, CO. Jack is know for his H1 Hummer lifts. Mine is the only one besides his with the lift. It's nothing like the Johnson Rod swap. If you're interested I can send you his contact info?

Thanks for the info, I don't need his contact info just yet, I'm toying with the idea of building a Range Rover HSE (not sport) expo truck. You can pick up a 2008-2010 pretty reasonably right now. Good to know there are some other options out there.

Observer
If you want a better idea of what's been done to my Rover, Google "J Auston Fabrications H1 Hummer lift". The Rover lift is basically the same.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Interesting idea. Kind of the same as the Range Rover P38 lift. Spacers under the airbags. Curious about any long term wear issues.

lwg

Thanks for the info, I don't need his contact info just yet, I'm toying with the idea of building a Range Rover HSE (not sport) expo truck. You can pick up a 2008-2010 pretty reasonably right now. Good to know there are some other options out there.

Get a 2009-2011 SC as they have the factory locker stock. Also has all the bells and whistles. I think they made the locker optional after 2011 and before 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior