Solid Axle Montero Sport For Sale?

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I've recently found out that I'll be moving to Phoenix or nearby area in Arizona near the end of this year for work.

This is a bit premature and might change or I might get this thing up and running since it's not far off, but for now I thought I'd offer it up.

located in South Bend Indiana

I've been slowly working on a solid axle swap for my 1997 Montero Sport, 3.0 automatic over the last few years, I have almost everything needed to make it a driving vehicle aside from the brakes, proper gearing and driveshafts

The truck was a running and driving truck on 32's until the day I decided to go solid axle, then I removed all the IFS stuff and started down this road.

specs:
dana 44 high pinion front
jeep 6 inch lift coils
ruff stuff coil brackets, link brackets, lots of stuff from ruff stuff
ballastic fab joints and some other parts and pieces
3 link front (not finished)
1 ton chevy steering, all brand new in box, not installed
stock AW4 trans with jeep NP231 t case, needs a slip yoke eliminator
ford 9 inch rear diff spring over rear
17 inch dodge wheels
37 inch BFG's

34493_10150208616980508_6514888_n.jpg

34493_10150208616990508_642218_n.jpg

34493_10150208617005508_4318131_n.jpg

Price would be around $3,000 obo

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
not sure they'd want to transport it down though, i already have 5 cars and two motorcycles i plan to transport, all run and drive except this.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Was it in the tech section or AZ section? If Tech, then I would have moved it myself but left a link on the forum for it.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
No worries and also why I left a pointer behind so anyone interested in the Tech side would still see it.:)

Upon further inspection, I realize I may have just moved it without including a link. Weird... normally I put a link unless it's non-mitsu related or from a total newbie.

Sorry about that. Feel free to link to it in the main mitsu tech section on the wire. Should also mention it to the guys in the AZ forum. One of them recently bought a sport with an IFS lift running on 35's from CAP510 in San Jose and drove it home. Never know.. someone may be willing to tow it to AZ.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Told ya those guys would be interested... Hopefully things can fall into place for a sale for you and a SAS'd sport for them.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
here's all the parts that come with it, 1 ton steering, pan hard parts, coil springs, buckets, etc. basically everything needed for the suspension aside from shocks.

1_copy8.jpg

2_copy9.jpg

3_copy5.jpg

4_copy5.jpg

5_copy6.jpg

6_copy2.jpg

7_copy2.jpg

8_copy1.jpg

9_copy1.jpg

10.jpg

I keep getting asked this in a round about way so I'll explain it here, for the most part the pieces you need to buy to complete this project (and do it right) would be;

rear shackles (stock could work)
jeep slip yoke eliminator
jeep driveshafts and conversion joints
ford f150 brakes
I have stocks, for an F150, but they're stock replacement shocks, so i havent fit them to check, buyer is welcome to them though.
front and rear 5.14ish gears
exhaust pipe, or not, up to you! ;)

all in all, it's not much cash from completion. I'm too busy with my other two monteros, my two 70's dodges, my cafe project, my girlfriend and work. This project has always been kind of on the 'back burner' and it's becoming obvious that I'm not getting anywhere with it in a timely manner.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I know that truck. Looks like you got several pounds worth of free rust as a bonus! lol. Best of luck finishing her up, she's gonna be fun when she's done.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
just a little surface coating, nothing a good wire wheel wont take off :D

while digging through paperwork on the truck, I recalled that I am in fact, the second owner of the truck. was bought brand new by the previous owner in 97 for $30k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94