Solenoid Air Control Valve

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
Anyone know how to connect an upfitter switch(s) to one or two Solenoid Air Control Valves to adjust the pressure on my air bags from 10psi to 50psi, and back?

I positioned the Schrader valves for my Firestone air bags in a location that is a little inconvenient to reach assuming there would be little reason to change pressure once an optimum was determined. Now my wife and I realize that we can reduce the climb into the camper by lowering the air bags to 10psi, so that means going from 10psi to 50 and back every day.

Since we have on-board air it seems like a fairly simple project using these https://www.grainger.com/product/AR..._on_Your_Search-_-IDPPLARECS&cm_vc=IDPPLARECS or something similar, possibly just a manual rotary knob.

What is the easy solution? Or is there one? I prefer the switch idea but don’t want to make this a major project. The upper pressure, 50psi, should be adjustable.

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
I assume you have a gauge somewhere to view suspension pressure
No, I have been using a tire pressure gauge, bleeding by hand. That's why I need to relocate the Schraders or, preferably, automate it.

If using compressor for other functions, or if “flip a switch and forget about it” is desired. That gets more complicated
I both want to use my compressor to air up frequently, as well as "flip a switch and forget about it", provided it is not above my pay grade.

Adventurous

Explorer
I'm curious to see what you come up with. I've been seeking a similar setup, but came to the conclusion that by the time I pieced something together, I'd just be better off buying an Air Lift wireless manifold.

Alloy

I installed new Barksdale Height Control Valve on each side with dump that I bought on Ebay for $45.00

A manual valve turns the air supply off to the HCV then a momentary switch activates a solenoid valve to supply air to the dump side of both HCV. Takes about 10 seconds to dump the air bags on both axles.

Looked at Airlift but it the system only works with 4 leveling sensors.

Last edited:

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
"Barksdale Height Control Valve on each side with dump"...Looks good, do you have the part number? There are a few on their website. How about the part number for the solenoid you used?
Terrific idea, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles