SOLD

wvtradbow

Observer
Bantam trailer Recently refinished, receiver style hitch but comes with ball hitch ,3 new tires and wheels,No title was gonna do a homebuilt title but our DMV is appointment only and appointments are months out. $1400 located about an hr south of Pittsburgh Pa, can meet within a reasonable distance, it has an expired plate from a previous trailer on it, or can trailer it..

Attachments

• RIMG0523.JPG
    RIMG0523.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 295
  • RIMG0525.JPG
    RIMG0525.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 290
  • RIMG0524.JPG
    RIMG0524.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 267
  • RIMG0526.JPG
    RIMG0526.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 253

wvtradbow

Observer
UPDATE No it didn't have a serial number of any kind. I do have an homebuilt title for it now ( was able to get to DMV FINALLY) and price Drop $1200

CAPTNDAVIE

Observer
Nice looking Bantam! You are much like myself I imagine. As we both have had our share of different trailers. What are you settling in now? I currently have M416, M101A3, a custom trailer that is put together on a heavier frame that is built like a M101 but with channel iron instead of stamped and a M101A1 that I built for a friend that passed away and I'm fixing to sell it for his widow. I still don't know which one is best but they all have their pros and cons. I don't think their is a perfect trailer anymore. But I sure do enjoy them all. By the way did you ever sell that 4wheel camper? I talked with you on it a couple of times and I thought real hard about it.

Good luck with the sale!! It will make someone a nice one!

Mark2457

I can give you $1K and pickup this weekend if we can meet somewhere reasonable. (I'm in Chicago). Columbus, OH could work

wvtradbow

Observer
For WV the DMV was very accommodating this time,which is a WEIRD thing because usually they're a pain to deal with,maybe because they been closed for so long.but all I did was was get a police officer to verify that there was no VIN, and estimate a weight along with the dimensions and the the approximate the cost to build, i even had all the receipts,for paint,metal tires etc.. and of course i had to pay taxes on the build cost even though I payed taxes on all the material, along with a title fee and they gave me a VIN plate, registration and license for a 2020 Homebuilt trailer.The funny thing was, I bought an M416 from Ebay for which I payed the WV taxes on and had the Ebay receipt ,along with an officer signed paper stating no VIN, and the DMV asked what kind of Trailer it was, I told them it was a M416 kinda like a Jeep trailer and the approimate year and of course I had to pay taxes AGAIN on the Ebay price plus the tax . So now I have a title for it stating 1967 JEEP TRL... ******

wvtradbow

Observer
Thanks CaptnDavie,I did sell the 4whl camper, AND yes i seached the world over for the perfect camper and yes much like the Perfect boat or perfect gun and took many years to realize THERE IS NO SUCH THING,it just depends what you wanna do with it,I thought i'd have that M101A1 forever but then a member here had a Outlander Sherpa so I drove to Hayes Ks and snagged it off of him so that made the M101 expendable, this Bantam was to be just a hauler and it was but after building a M416 trailer I always wanted another one, just as a hauler and found it on EBay so the Bantam had to go...I never really made any money on selling these things I was just hoping to break even,because I really like "the build" and every one I do I think of something else i'd do different..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles