Sold. XPCamper V1, 2011 Ford F350

Selling our 2012 XPCamper V1 and 2011 Ford F350. We've enjoyed every minute of owning and using it but life changes mean we won't be able to use it often and it deserves to travel.

The truck is a 2011 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel (nav, heated/cooled leather seats etc.), extended cab, 4x4 SRW. It has leveling springs up front, air bags in the rear and Icon shocks, all installed by XP. It has an ARB front bumper, 12k Warn winch, 60 gallon fuel tank, on-board air, and 6 Toyo AT2's (2 spares). Currently approx. 75k miles on the truck.

We got the camper lightly used from XP in 2014. I recently replaced the house AGM's with two Battleborn Lithium batteries. All diesel appliances and 320 watts of solar. All of the standard XP V1 specs (hydraulic lift) with the awning and led awning light option. Most everything in excellent condition and will discuss all known issues with interested buyers.

Currently located in Southern California and occasionally Southwest Colorado. Would be happy to meet a serious buyer at XP's new HQ to have them evaluate the camper for you.

$95,000 for the package (have you priced a new one?). Would consider selling the camper only but prefer to sell as a package.

-Paul Davenport

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hi Paul, can you please share pics? Thanks much.

PS—I’m late to the updated news. XP has been resurrected? By who, where? Marc is gone or still present?

Working on pic's. XP is back in business minus Marc. Jon Turner and others have it back up and running in Colfax Ca, near Grass Valley where it used to be. The new company, currently/temporarily calling themselves BeChange has just gotten on their feet. Some of us are sad to see Marc no longer a part of the company but the new folks seem to be happy with his absence. Any owner will also have access to a closed Facebook group of owners. The new company is on the group as well and there is a wealth of information and experience with the product on there.

Hopefully a couple photos.

Attachments

• XP1.jpg
    XP1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 954
  • XP2.jpg
    XP2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 985
  • XP3.jpg
    XP3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 970
That’s a great price, but I don’t need two of them! I just dropped off my camper at the new facility and I’m impressed with their commitment to the customers and campers. I expect great things, including an official name change in 2020. But they wouldn’t tell me what it would be.

Interior.

Attachments

• XP8.jpg
    XP8.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 427
  • XP6.jpg
    XP6.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 431
  • XP7.jpg
    XP7.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 423
  • XP5.jpg
    XP5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 421
  • XP9.jpg
    XP9.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 424
  • XP4.jpg
    XP4.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 419

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Working on pic's. XP is back in business minus Marc. Jon Turner and others have it back up and running in Colfax Ca, near Grass Valley where it used to be. The new company, currently/temporarily calling themselves BeChange has just gotten on their feet. Some of us are sad to see Marc no longer a part of the company but the new folks seem to be happy with his absence. Any owner will also have access to a closed Facebook group of owners. The new company is on the group as well and there is a wealth of information and experience with the product on there.
Thanks Paul!

Yes, a number of folks who believed in the XPCamper product and didn't want to see it die had the chance to buy a lot of the assets of the business in a foreclosure auction that happened a couple of months ago (no campers - just tooling, equipment, molds, etc), and we are working on getting a new business set up in Colfax, CA. We hope to have approval from the City of Colfax, Cal-Fire, etc., to begin manufacturing in the next few weeks and are bringing in a number of the key XPCamper employees (who all lost their jobs when the business shuttered in June 2019).

So for anyone looking at buying a used XPCamper that means that you will have knowledgeable folk available for repairs / upgrades / maintenance going forward.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks Paul!

Yes, a number of folks who believed in the XPCamper product and didn't want to see it die had the chance to buy a lot of the assets of the business in a foreclosure auction that happened a couple of months ago (no campers - just tooling, equipment, molds, etc), and we are working on getting a new business set up in Colfax, CA. We hope to have approval from the City of Colfax, Cal-Fire, etc., to begin manufacturing in the next few weeks and are bringing in a number of the key XPCamper employees (who all lost their jobs when the business shuttered in June 2019).

So for anyone looking at buying a used XPCamper that means that you will have knowledgeable folk available for repairs / upgrades / maintenance going forward.

Thx for the info, and pics Paul.

Off topic for pugslyyy, please see my unanswered question here; https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...ed-earthroamer-worth-the.211371/#post-2719555

Hi folks, I’ve received a number of inquiries about purchasing the V1 camper without the truck. We get it. When we bought the V1 we looked hard at what truck we wanted. We needed a backseat as the dog always travels with us. We wanted an extended cab instead of a crew cab to keep wheelbase as short as we could. And we wanted a long bed because we wanted a second spare tire option between the truck and camper. We really like our truck which is why we don’t mind separating the camper. Your needs will be different so we get that the truck you want will be as well. We’re willing to sell the camper by itself but want to make sure people have done their homework before considering that as an option.

XP makes a great flatbed with a ton of storage built into it. Each aluminum bed is custom made for your truck, your storage and tire options, and your camper. I think you’d be going through a lot of unneeded effort to try and have anyone but XP build your flatbed and try and match the unique mounts on the camper. That said, call XP first if you’re considering buying only the camper to get an idea on what your costs will be with them. Better yet, go see them in Colfax and get to know them. Jon or Judd, you guys can chime in here if you have any advice for folks in this regard. All that said, we’d sell the camper alone for $55,000.

adam88

Explorer
I think $55k is a really cheap price (maybe too cheap?) for just the camper, especially consider it's got two new battleborn lithiums in it. Great deal for someone!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Paul, for us dog owners, can you share some pics of how your SuperCab area is setup for your dog? And how much does your dog weigh? Thx.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
More questions Paul;
How thick is the mattress?
Pics of inside the truck?
60gal fuel tank? Stock Ford is 37.5gal for the 158"WB, so do you have a 22.5gal aux fuel tank...or full replacement 60gal tank?
Is the camper's 3gal diesel tank plumbed into the truck fuel tank?
Any turbo or '11-12 6.7L engine issues?
200amp alternator or dual alternators(357amps total)?
Tire size?
FX4-Offroad package (t-case/fuel tank skids, hill descent control)?
Electronic rear diff lock?
Thx in advance.

Last edited:
Nothing too special for the pooch. She gets a harness and seatbelt as well the platform and bed in the photos. Some answers:
The mattress is about 3" and there are Froli springs beneath. It's what came from XP and is on the firmer side (our preference). Others have replaced the low profile Froli's with taller ones and find them softer and more comfortable (the camper still closes with the taller springs). The springs also come in 3 firmnesses IIRC (not sure firmnesses is a word) Froli.com
The fuel tank is the Transfer Flow replacement for the original tank. The original spare tire well is now empty if you wanted to add the center Titan tank there and have 85 gallons :)
The appliances are all plumbed to the 2 gallon appliance tank, no connection to the truck. I added two 2-gallon NATO style cans in the compartment to supplement long trips. That's mostly a convenience since the Webasto appliances are pretty stingy.
We've had no issues at all with the truck/engine/turbos.
Not sure on the alternator output.
Tires are Toyo Open Country AT2's, Lt295/65r20. They have about 80% tread life left except the spares (one's new, one's about 50%)
The truck did not have the FX-4 package. The fuel tank is now a fairly thick steel (some like that, some don't), and I have aluminum skids up front and under the oil pan & trans. I think Transfer Flow makes a skid for this tank, but I try hard not to take the truck anywhere that might be a necessity so I never thought about adding it.
Not sure what hill descent control comes with the FX-4 package. When cruise control is on it uses a combination variable turbo back pressure and down shift to maintain speed in descent.
The truck has electronic rear diff lock.

Attachments

• Backseat1.jpg
    Backseat1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Backseat2.png
    Backseat2.png
    552.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member