**SOLD** Voyager - Custom Built 'Tactical Teardrop' Trailer

azscotts

Observer
Price: $7,000 firm

Email: scott (at) n254az (dot) com

The time has come where I have outgrown ‘Voyager’ so it’s time to sell and start the upgrade process so I have something larger for the airshow next July. This trailer has performed flawlessly for 4 seasons at the airshow in Wisconsin. It tows at 80MPH with no problem at all. The trailer was mission-built to fit into a 7’ tall garage door opening and a single car bay.

Here’s what’s for sale:
Includes the following build options:
  • Fully welded (not tacked) custom steel frame.
  • 3,500lb FlexiRide torsion axles w/EzLube Hubs and electric brakes. (Provides independent suspension. Purchased from Southwest Wheel.)
  • Lock-n-Roll Fully articulating trail hitch included with 2” receiver.
  • 7-pin connector. Wired to a junction box that’s inside the headboard area for easy access.
  • Two rear stabilizing jacks.
  • Rigid, fully bonded sidewall frames, insulated and covered in plywood. The plywood was covered with two layers of fiberglass and micro’d and painted after that.
  • All the bolts are Grade 8 bolts for holding the axles to the trailer and the cabin to the trailer frame.
  • The interior has full fabric on roof and walls and provides excellent sound-proofing.
  • Cabinetry throughout the interior – including headboard storage at the front of bed.
  • Overhead storage at foot of bed.
  • REAL Queen Sized 8” memory foam mattress.
  • Dome light, reading lights, and undercabinet lighting throughout.
  • Fantastic Vent Fan. This is the 3-speed, reversible version.
  • Full size jeep rims and tires, including spare tire. (note: tires are ready to be replaced). The tires were sized so that the wheels would spin at same rate as tow vehicle to keep bearing temps down.
  • 20lb propane bottle included.
  • 200w of solar panels including an Epever MPPT Solar Charge Controller.
  • 2x 100ah deep cycle lead acid batteries. Purchased June 2021.
  • Battery compartment has wires running from 7pin plug to battery area (intended to be used for charging batteries during transit. (not connected).
  • Complete fuse station for all electrical.
  • 4x USB charging and 2x ‘cigarette lighter’ style ports on the inside.
  • 8x USB charging ports in the galley.
  • 500w power inverter included – not yet installed.
  • Pre-wired for an inverter relay. (Buyer will have to install the relay and run the inverter wires).
  • Storage compartment (curb side) purpose built to hold a Honda EU2000 generator. (not included)
  • Storage compartment (drivers side) has plenty of room for all your chairs, tents, etc.
  • Storage under galley holds two folding tables (included) and will also hold a small grill (not included).
  • Rear Galley was purpose built for a Whytner 12v cooler and is pre-wired for the 12v cooler. Also holds a Coleman Steel Belted Cooler (not included) perfectly.
  • Galley prep-area has two storage tubs (included) under the counter.
  • Floors and trailer frame are sealed with 3 coats of truck bed liner. Wherever the frame touches the floor is sealed with black RTV.
  • Steps and side rails are also sealed with truck bed liner.
Price: $7,000 firm

Maintenance Records:

• Completed annual inspections every July prior to making the trip to Wisconsin.
  • Added rear USB power in 2019.
  • Torqued bearings and re-greased bearings every July prior to making the trip to Wisconsin.
  • There’s no known leaks in the trailer.
  • The only damage is a couple of paint scrapes that happened pulling it out of the garage or me not paying attention while working in the garage.
This isn’t anything that was just bought. This was designed from the ground up and a lot of the components were designed and mission-built for this trailer. There’s no known leaks in the trailer and the only damage is a couple of paint scrapes that happened pulling it out of the garage or me not paying attention while working in the garage.

The rear galley hatch is heavy and I intended on making a new lighter one, but never got around to it. The gas tubes for it are WAY too powerful so I don’t use them. I just used an 80” piece of ½ inch conduit stuck into the ground to hold the galley hatch open when I was traveling with it.

Usage: The trailer has made 4 trips to Wisconsin and two trips up to Payson area.

PM me with questions or if you want my contact number.

osh1.jpeg
osh2.jpeg
osh3.jpeg
power_center.jpg
usb_charging2.jpeg
remi1.jpeg

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:

azscotts

Observer
Did I miss the dimensions???

The Trailer is 84" wide edge to edge. The overall box length is 10' 8". I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure with the tongue and hitch the full length is right about 15'. The interior is 60" wide and 84" deep and 48" tall.

The overall height is about 6' 3"

Last edited:

azscotts

Observer
Voyager is still up for sale. I haven't been too active in updating this thread. So much going on around the house these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior