SOLD! Ursa Minor J30 camper for Jeep JKU

86scotty

Cynic
Sold! Thanks

After much back and forth on this I'm going to go ahead and list my J30 top. It is perfect and has many upgrades. I have had it less than a year but I'm going in a different direction with my Jeep, probably building an adventure trailer.

2 year old (approximately) J30 fits Jeep JKU

Bought from the original owner with only a few uses, that person sold only to upgrade to a JLU. Used by us a total of 20-25 nights

This is the upgraded J30 that opens a lot higher than the first design

Originally had white gelcoat top, complete top resprayed with black Raptor Liner, OEM quality

Custom awning brackets and Rhino Rack Foxwing awning, absolutely rigid, no flex whatsoever with these brackets

Custom square tube mild steel ladder on left side

Screened slider windows on rear sides

Added grab handles for rear, this makes it much simpler to open and close

Ursa factory Yakima bases with bars (fair condition) added by me. I will be keeping my heavily stickered wind deflector. It's beat up anyway. I'd recommend a new one to minimize wind noise. Ursas are dead quiet on the road. The only wind noise I have is because of the gap between top and solar panel. If you have huge lift and mud-terrains you probably won't notice it.

100 watt Renogy solar panel with controller mounted inside top. All you have to do is wire +/- to your battery and go

LED lighting in rear of top (downstairs) and 3 different LEDs in top

USB/DC socket chargers in bed area and also above windshield

As you can see, the original owner went for almost every available option and I added some more when I got it.
I will probably regret selling this but I have an idea for an adventure trailer build I need to fund and will probably throw a dirt cheap RTT on the Jeep until I build it.

I am in the market for a factory hard top to replace this with so partial trade can be negotiated if you have a black factory hardtop in near perfect condition with clean freedom tops.

My advertised price is based on the fact that these are very expensive to ship across the country. Contact Ursa if you have any doubts about this. I think it's generally $1k to $1500 just to ship to the eastern U.S. I'm in Tennessee and happy to work out the shipping/meeting/installation with anyone however this is not an offer to do it all myself.

$7900 for top as is, negotiable if you offer your black hard top. Located near Knoxville, TN., 8 hours or less from pretty much anywhere in the eastern U.S.

2 people needed to move this top. 4 needed to install it from ground level. I can do it alone if you come to me and we use my shop lift.

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

J30 by K A, on Flickr

Alternative sale I'm considering: Jeep and Ursa can be purchased as overland ready rig. 35k miles, Rhino (color) JKU Rubicon, 6 speed, manual, all options including heated cloth seats. AEV 2.5" lift with new KO2's, ARB front/rear bumpers with 10k winch. Aux battery, many other options and upgrades. Adventure ready vehicle including installed J30. Price negotiable, contact if interested. I would only do this to swap to an automatic Rubicon for my wife as a daily driver.

ericofcourse at google mail or PM here.

Last edited:

sabjku

Observer
Man why couldn’t this have been posted a month ago!

Would you at all be interested in trading for a black hardtop with Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform/Backbone Rack? Just installed the rack about a month ago. I also have a Tepui Autana 3 and a Freespirit Recreation Adventure Series Power Hardtop tent if you were wanting to do a RTT in the trade. FSR tent is a month old as well. I’m in VA.

86scotty

Cynic
I have not listed it but am thinking about it. I'll work on that this weekend and have something up.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles