Back on the Market: The Baja Box: E350 10' Box Van

BUMP with some pics I added a couple posts from the top to show some recent additions I made to the van. Wanna thank everyone for the kind words and support I've received both on my build and my health issues.

Last edited:

84FLH

Salt;

How are you making out with the health issue? I just had TIA two days ago. MRI shows no brain damage. A relief but HUGE WAKE UP! CALL overall. BP too high. Glucose too high. Weight too high. All high risk factors for stroke. All our plans, toys, and dreams can end in an eye blink.

Hope you're on road to full recovery.

Mch47

I love this! ! Ticks many boxes for me. Wish I could build but have zero skill. Very nice! That said— apologies for potentially really dumb questions- limited knowledge . How easy/difficult to upgrade to lithium and install DC powered split air conditioner in your opinion? Have 2 beagles myself and want to have ability to keep them comfy without generator. Is it winter conditions capable? (ie. water system usable in freezing weather without winterizing, batteries good etc). So— did I get this straight- manual transmission? that’s quite awesome for longevity— I’m assuming no cruise control— I know— totally ridiculous expectation— have really long road trip plans and I have a problem speeding lol. Does the vehicle have air conditioner? Any known issues with vehicle? Is that original miles on engine? Any Leaks in box? How is it titled? Do you have interested /serious buyers as of yet? I’m in FL — cheap direct flights available TPA to LAX but don’t want to waste each other’s time if you’ve got someone lined up nearby. Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you making out with the health issue? I just had TIA two days ago. MRI shows no brain damage. A relief but HUGE WAKE UP! CALL overall. BP too high. Glucose too high. Weight too high. All high risk factors for stroke. All our plans, toys, and dreams can end in an eye blink.

Hope you're on road to full recovery.
Glad to hear you're doing okay after that, huge wake up call indeed. It's so easy to forget that yeah it can be over in an instant, fortunately for me I live with a constant reminder of that, lucky to be alive from a horrific car accident I was in, lucky to be walking around after a surfing accident exploded my L1 and was within millimeters of spinal cord. I'm 34 years young, healthy, and if I don't make it to 35 I've had a damn good run, no regrets here. I have open cranial surgery scheduled for April 13th with some of the best neurosurgeons in the business, I got this!

How easy/difficult to upgrade to lithium and install DC powered split air conditioner in your opinion? Is it winter conditions capable? (ie. water system usable in freezing weather without winterizing, batteries good etc). So— did I get this straight- manual transmission? I’m assuming no cruise control. Does the vehicle have air conditioner? Any known issues with vehicle? Is that original miles on engine? Any Leaks in box? How is it titled? Do you have interested /serious buyers as of yet? I’m in FL — cheap direct flights available TPA to LAX but don’t want to waste each other’s time if you’ve got someone lined up nearby. Many thanks!
Very simple to upgrade to lithium, both the solar charge controller and DC-DC charger are capable of charging lithium, as simple as pushing buttons to change settings, I can't answer your question about AC as I am unfamiliar with that kind of system, I'm sure 300ah of lithium can power an AC for a short amount of time, but keep in mind there is no shore power connection in my system. The van is winter capable, the water tanks and batteries are all inside the van and the Propex heater works fantastic. Transmission is an Automatic 5 speed (5r110), no cruise control, van AC blows ice cold, there's zero issues with the vehicle. Miles are original, just shy of 88k. Never had any leaks anywhere, the van is titled in CA as a class B RV.

bgraboyes

just curious what kinda gas mileage you get on this rig? more to understand the range w/the 40 gallon tank. Beautiful build btw and as all have said, good luck with the health issues.

b. rock

Good eye. Anything a potential buyer should be on the lookout for? Since you know the rig better than anyone else.

Edit: just saw the salvage title, nvm

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles