SOLD - Sportsmobile 4x4 Camper Van - $85k

B_Dub003

No worries! There is a lot to talk about with the van as there is a bit going on. Sorry if my posting was overwhelming, I’m just trying to be thorough.

Last edited:

B_Dub003

BE3B5152-0729-48DD-9150-7E0E1388D135.jpeg

We camped out on top of Mt. Ashland last night and were rewarded by some incredible views at sunrise today. It’s been a great 12 days in Oregon, we are heading back home to the Redwoods today.

B_Dub003

Unfortunately the potential buyer couldn’t get the financing that they needed to make the purchase. The van is still available!

B_Dub003

I’ve been looking into a FWC Hawk Flatbed and a late model (14-17) Ford F-250 DCSB (Lariat or higher trim) 4x4 in white to replace the van. If you have a complete set up like this or the camper or truck (plus cash) and are interested in trading, let me know.

1544282304295.jpeg

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
How is the heat plate and coolant lines hooked up? Just curious ? great looking van and capable. Sorry the sale didnt go through.

B_Dub003

Thanks for the message.

The flat plate heat exchanger is mounted right in front of the driver’s side rear wheel tucked up above the frame rail and mounted to the body just below the sink. I attached a picture so that you can see the coolant inlet and return lines along with the cold and hot water lines on the flat plate. The two coolant lines tie into the heater core on the fire wall, go over the engine, then drop down by the steering box and hug the frame all the way back. Sportsmobile did a pretty good job when they did the build out to make it as clean as possible. I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any other questions.

880FBB0D-FF43-4D18-B28F-DE53CA26EEEC.jpeg

Jeff Boord

Out of curiosity...I have a Tacoma and a fwc now, considering a van like this or a f250 with flatbed fwc... why are you switching?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

B_Dub003

We live on a couple of acres and I would like to have the versatility to use it as a truck if need be for projects around the house. The layout of the van is great as the driving area is also incorporated into the living area which makes it nice when you need to grab something from the back or a beverage from the fridge. I think that I'll miss this the most and the fact that it really has everything you would ever need incorporated into a nice usable package that you can still use on a daily basis (it was my daily driver for a while). Honestly my wife doesn't want to part ways with the van, however every couple of years I like to check out something new. Let me know if you have any other questions.

B_Dub003

We’ll be in Grass Valley, CA this Sunday followed by Gilroy, CA this coming Monday through Wednesday. If you live in either of these areas and would like to check out the van, let me know.

B_Dub003

We’ve been traveling down the CA coast. Big Sur the past couple of days, San Luis Obispo this evening and LA tomorrow for a couple days. If you are in any of these areas and interested in checking out the van, shoot me a text or a call (my contact info is in the first posting).

B_Dub003

Are you on the West Coast and planning an adventure to the desert or Baja this winter? If you are, this could be your perfect rig.

41B43C30-F1E9-416B-BFC4-8D111BF2F37B.jpeg

D745669E-29F6-4738-B4DE-FF8CF75F1277.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94