SOLD, SOLD, SOLD - 2010 Conqueror Commander - Only One in the US (PRICE DROP)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I've had some folks inquire from Tiny House Nation regarding my trailer. There was a post there regarding the trailer being for sale.

Points of Clarification:

Conqueror Australia brings in the Conqueror Commander components from South Africa to build the UEV 490. Why do they do this? It is cheaper to import "parts" (chassis and body) and assemble in Australia than it is to import a "trailer" (vehicle tariffs).
Then they assemble the Conqueror Commander in Australia and do upgrade on it (midgi-mesh versus bush mesh, microwave-option, webasto heater- option, lock-n-roll style hitch-option, and electronic brakes versus the supplied standard surge brakes, stereo-option, flat screen tv-option, 12V fans-option) and based on the added options, will determine the price. A well optioned UEV 490 can push over $70,000 USD. They also now offer a Conquer Commander in Australia that supports the more basic (and for our liking preferred) appointments. (Honestly, we don't go out to get away to watch flat screen tv or listen to the stereo, but if we do want to watch, we have wireless data iPads and can stream whatever we want, but I digress). If you wanted to export a UEV 490 into the US, you might pay upwards of $80K by the time you pay duties, tariffs, etc. and as we have discussed before, then still face the risk that (depending on the port of entry) that it will be turned away because of DOT compliance paperwork.

My trailer is a South African Conqueror Commander. And while it can camp at a campground with the best of them, it is designed to get away and be remote. Honestly, if you seek all the luxuries of home ... buy a Winnebago or Airstream as this trailer is not for you.
If you want the best off road trailer that will handle the terrain, but still allow you to be highly comfortable, then you should consider the Conqueror Commander.

And please ... going forward ... serious inquiries only.

Dendy

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Dendy if I had even remotely the price I'd be all over it. I love that trailer concept. I wish you luck wish the sale . til then I'll be checking in and drooling.

By the way quick question. Can the fridge be accessed by the interior when the kitchen is not deployed?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

TreyP

Just a few questions.

How hard have you off-roaded this trailer? And how did it handle? From the RR's you posted with it the trails seem pretty mellow. That is not meant to offend, but I am looking for something that can take Baja and beyond.

How long does it take take to fully set up and then take down? Noted you said 8 mins to set up. Was that a full set-up?

Parts availibility?

How is this in freezing temps? Is it a 4 seasons set up?

Weight of camper I think you said 2012 lbs? Is that loaded or basic? Do you know the full load weight(water, fuel etc)

I noticed you towed this with a 2011 JKU, what lift did you have on it? (Sorry don't have time to read all of your post's)

Has this trailer been converted to 110 vac? And have 110 sockets?

I'll have more as I continue to research the piece of awesome equipment.

I ask these because I am very interested in the trailer and I think others might want to know.

Yeah I could go out and buy a nice motorhome for the price of this trailer, but it would never be able to go where this camper would go if what I am reading about it says.

Getting there is half the fun of the journey.

I have more research to do before I PM you with a offer. Hope it does't sell before then if I think it is what i want.

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Trey P: If you click on the links in my signatures, you'll see a story about us using the trailer this past fall on the beach on an island off the coast of North Carolina. You'll also see where we have used it in Land Between The Lakes and took the trailer through some pretty intense terrain. I don't pretend to say we have terrain like you guys have out west.

Parts availability: You would probably have to go through a dealer in South Africa to get items shipped, but I can tell you that they aren't as responsive as we are in the US. The good news it that this thing is virtually bomb proof and if you have any mechanical inclination, it is like owning a Land Rover Defender. Each on is a little different and most have personalized modifications made.

Freezing Temps: Well, it depends on how extreme you are talking. We have had this out in terms as low as the low 20's but we did not have the tank full of water (knowing that it would present risks). We used a heater buddy (small) and I had to wake up to turn it down as it about ran us out.

I have never pulled the trailer loaded through a truck stop to weigh it. It pulled find behind the JK but was more laborious for the truck than with the LR3 (which hardly knows it is there). My JKU was an AEV built truck and had a 2.5 AEV lift with 35" tires.

Regarding Electrical: The trailer is all OEM. I installed a Step Up transformer that allows you to plug into shore power and it bumps the 110 to 220 for the power management system. I have a commercial quality power strip installed for the 110 plugs. We have no challenge powering the trailer with our Honda EU2000 generator.

If you have other questions, please e-mail me and we can schedule to speak.
Thanks
Dendy

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Treyp I am in no way affiliated with the seller but I have seen videos of the Australian version of this trailer in action in the outback. I was shocked at the places the little Toyota pickup was taking the trailer. They even forded a river that appeared to be about 3 feet deep with it. If I remember correctly it positively pressurized to prevent water and dust intrusion.

Here is one of the videos
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-TD8Qu0-jrE

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks DuxnDogs!

For sure hard to sell, but sometimes life throws you curves.

Spring is coming!!

H Stuebe

I happened upon your ad because of something I saw on Facebook. I follow a lot of tiny housing/innovative housing forums and I thought this story might interest you. Right now a woman in Maine is selling her Inn in the same manner she bought it, through an essay contest. Entrants must write a 200 word essay about why they want to own an Inn and pay $125 fee. I think if you did that with the Conqueror you'd make a million dollars!
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/win-maine-inn-essay-contest/story?id=29529883

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I came across some more images of the Conqueror Commander in action. Thought they would serve to show the abilities of this trailer:

69651_495903657114357_1628865443_n.jpg

1499676_634851363219585_1244909725_n.jpg

241138_785439404827446_2074925269146457819_o.jpg

10887475_805477396156980_8671544092264921585_o.jpg

1383215_600530316651690_527153248_n.jpg

14867_656880324350022_362472931_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles