SOLD!!! Scepter 5 gallons military fuel/gas jerry can. $110 each

If you get pulled over by highway patrol . . . you are definitely getting pulled out of the car when they look in your back seat.

A great service you are providing.
Well, I finally made it back into the US. I crossed the border smoothly because of a very pleasant Border Patrol who checked our passports and was simple and friendly with a smile on his face.

Before I got to the border, I stopped at 2 other stores and bought some more. Now I have 15 Jerry Cans in the back of my car for the rest of my trip.

Let me hope I do not get pulled over for anything or yes, they would get very suspicious of me. But I have not been pulled over yet and I have already done over 4,000 miles since I left for this trip and already halfway done with the trip. So, keeping my fingers crossed that I do not get pulled over for anything. Let alone for speeding as nobody drives the speed limit on any freeway in the US except in Canada where most of them on the freeway drive the speed limit. But here in the US, as soon as I got on I5 in Washington, the speed limit was 70. Everybody was doing 80mph! I had to do 85mph to keep up with the flow of traffic on the fast lane.

Last edited:
Well, I finally made it across the US/Canada border with my 15 Jerry Cans. I thought Border Patrol was going to give me a hard time, but I was lucky. Though I had prepared myself for any questions with prepared answers already. But I didn't have to use my prepared answers.

This is how it went with Border Patrol. We handed him our passport and he started questioning us.

BP: "Where are you guys coming from?"
Me: "Banff and Jasper NP in Canada."
BP: "How long were you guys there for?"
Me: "11 days"
BP: "What did you guys bring back from Canada?"
Me: "Jerry Cans"
BP: "Roll down the rear windows for me. Wow! That is a lot of Jerry Cans. You don't like the ones from the US?"
Me: "The US does not carry these ones."
BP: "These are the military kind. I hope they are all empty"
Me: "Yes, they are all empty.", as I nodded my head about them being the military kinds.
BP: "Where do you guys live?"
Me: Told him
BP: "OK, you guys be safe driving back home."
Me: "Thank you VERY MUCH!"

And off we went back into the USA with 15 Jerry Cans.

To be honest, I was worried they were going to give me a hard time for having 15 Jerry Cans, but all the 15 were in plain sight. So, I had nothing to hide or worry about as I made sure to declare them and not try to hide anything.

Honestly, I don't think they would stop someone from bringing 15 Jerry Cans into the country. They are just 15 empty plastic containers.
dK8gHoK.jpg

hrQgzFh.jpg

9FICunR.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have to pay any US Tax for bringing them in?

Definitely, do not share these photos with any non-overland folks......They simply wouldn't understand.
I paid $0.00.

That is I paid absolutely nothing to carry my 15 Military Jerry Cans across the US border in the back seat of my Honda Accord. All sitting there till I reach home in 14 days from today.

Last edited:
I’ll take 1.
I’m near Portland and can meet at an exit off I-5 in the Tualatin or Wilsonville area.
Please, text me your number so we can make plans to meet. I already have plans to meet someone else in Portland. Hopefully you too can make some sacrifice to be able to meet.

Send me your number so we can text.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
It looks like your route follows 120 (Tioga Pass) through Yosemite and then out of the park south on 41 to Fresno. The 41 is currently closed in/at Wawona in the southern area of the park due to wildfire. You might have to find an alternate route if you haven’t already gotten that far. Not too bad to head down 120 or 140 to the 49, still very scenic. Dropping down to the 99 is less scenic but has more opportunities for In-N-Out burgers.

I just sold and personally delivered 5 Jerry Cans to 3 forum members in Portland, OR. You guys rock in Portland!

Thanks a lot guys, for buying.

I now have 10 Jerry Cans left out of the 15 Jerry Cans I had.

@Chef1612
It was really nice meeting you. The Jerry Can compliments the water can on your LR3. Thanks a lot for going above and beyond to hold the other 3 cans for FJ Over Land Cruiser.

@FJ Over Land Cruiser
Thanks for coming through and buying 3! I appreciate that.
xOabiL4.jpg

4z6NiH6.jpg

@Meridian7750
Thanks a lot for really working with me and finally making this work.
37FZ7aQ.jpg

I just sold and personally delivered 5 Jerry Cans to 3 forum members in Portland, OR. You guys rock in Portland!

Thanks a lot guys, for buying.

I now have 10 Jerry Cans left out of the 15 Jerry Cans I had.

@Chef1612
It was really nice meeting you. The Jerry Can compliments the water can on your LR3. Thanks a lot for going above and beyond to hold the other 3 cans for FJ Over Land Cruiser.

@FJ Over Land Cruiser
Thanks for coming through and buying 3! I appreciate that.
xOabiL4.jpg

4z6NiH6.jpg

@Meridian7750
Thanks a lot for really working with me and finally making this work.
37FZ7aQ.jpg

Emile, I really appreciate your willingness to make my transaction with you work.
The Scepter jerrycan is flawless. I’m very impressed by the quality.
Anybody “on the fence” about buying one from you should absolutely do it!
Thanks again, and safe travels.

If so I’m in the Conroe area just north of Houston and would like to purchase one can! Thanks
At the moment, all my 15 Jerry Cans have been sold, though I have not gotten the money for all nor delivered all yet, but the interested parties have confirmed they will buy and 1 has already sent me payment for 4. The guy who lives in the Woodlands. But maybe I can have 1 for you.

I had 15 that I crossed the border with into USA

5 of my Jerry Cans were sold, paid for and delivered to forum members in Portland, OR.

2 will be sold and delivered tomorrow when I get to Flagstaff, AZ.

4 is going to a forum member in San Antonio.

4 is going to the Woodlands to another forum member who has already sent me a full payment but has not received it yet. I will personally drop it at his residence, per our agreement and money paid.

That accounts for all 15.

But the guy in the Woodlands was willing to give up one, since I had another forum member from Baytown contact me who wanted 2 and I asked the buyer if he was willing to give up any for another interested buyer. He was willing to give up 1 of his Jerry Cans, so maybe 1 can be available if I ask the buyer again. So, I can contact buyer in the Woodlands if he is still willing to part away with 1 of his already bought Jerry Cans and I can let you buy it from me.

PM me your number and I can text you with any update.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles