[SOLD] RAM Mount Vehicle Mounting Base

soonenough

Explorer
SOLD
RAM Mount universal electronics mount that allows you to mount a cell phone, GPS unit, tablet computer, iPad, etc in the front seat of a vehicle. You simply buy a compatible mounting cradle for whatever device you have, and the cradle will attach to this mount in a matter of seconds. The RAM system uses a ball-and-socket system so that the viewing angle of the device is adjustable; the top of the mount is designed to accept any RAM 1.5" (C-size) ball. This mount has been configured to fit perfectly in an 05+ Tacoma, but can be re-bent to fit in nearly any vehicle.

The mount is secured using one bolt from the front passenger seat. Installation is very simple and requires no permanent modifications to the vehicle whatsoever. You simply unscrew one of the bolts from the front passenger seat, position the mount where you want it, and re-thread the seat bolt into place. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes and can be removed in the same amount of time at any point. As you can see in one of the pictures, the mount doesn't interfere with WeatherTech Digital floor liners, which means it should be compatible with most floormats.

The arm is 18" high and according to RAM is designed to support up to 10 lbs. Personally, I would not mount anything heavier than a netbook on this mounting system unless you plan on adding an additional support arm anchored to the console/dash/etc. I think the arm will easily support 10 pounds, but if you're planning to use this off-highway, something close to 10 pounds would probably not be very stable without additional support. On paved roads it might be fine though.

The first picture shows what's included with this sale (not pictured is the RAM instruction sheet that came with the mount). The iPad cradle, iPad, and Toyota Tacoma are NOT included with the sale :D ; I'm showing them for demonstration purposes only so that you can see one example of how you can use this mount. The mount is in like-new condition except for a few 'bite' marks on the inner aluminum rod from where I used a box-end wrench to bend the arm into shape (I included one picture showing this as best as I could). They don't affect the mount structurally at all, and are only visible if you remove the outer black flex-conduit covering. I'm only selling because I've come up with a different mounting solution for the iPad so I no longer need this.

Price: $35 shipped via USPS Priority Flat Rate w/ tracking (payment via PayPal)

IMG_2685_zps74eb4df4.jpg

IMG_2686_zpsfc7def71.jpg

IMG_2683_zps03e6bc98.jpg

IMG_2684_zpseb30c874.jpg

IMG_2678_zpse1984c52.jpg

IMG_2676_zps831d74ae.jpg

IMG_2682_zps1de27edf.jpg

IMG_2679A_zps9a4bb4ac.jpg

IMG_2680A_zps47c6d9ca.jpg

IMG_2681A_zps839d2131.jpg

IMG_2688_zps9e3b9165.jpg

IMG_2704_zps659ff7d2.jpg

Last edited:

soonenough

Explorer
do you get any 'wobble' when your vehicle is in motion or off roading?
When driving on paved roads it's fine, the iPad stayed fairly straight. When on rough terrain, it did wobble some. Moving the passenger seat forward to the point where it's touching the arm helps keep it much more stable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior