SOLD:Phoenix, AZ: Alucab Expedition III Roof Top Tent (SOLD) & Alu-cab Awning (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the buyer of the RTT. I saw the post, made an offer, we batted it back and forth and came to an agreement. It was simple and quick. I drove down to Phoenix, paid Jeff, then we loaded the RTT on my 4Runner and I headed north. It was fortunate that Copper State Cruisers were holding a meeting there and were very helpful in the move and securing it down. My ONLY complaint was the Friday evening traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ace,

Sorry you are sort of caught in the middle. You have nothing directly to do with the disagreement. This is a good used tent and I hope you paid the price you thought was fair irregardless of what I thought was a fair price or not. The issue isn't the price in the end. The issue to me is the seller got hostile for no reason. He then turned around and used the same argument I did to justify my price on another member whom I don't even know.

That pissed me off and I have the right to share that experience with others no matter what the OP thinks. He then insulted me again and called me a liar and threatened to have me banned from the forum. That deserves a full accounting of the communication.

Sorry again you were connected. Enjoy your overlanding in your new tent.

After the November 9th exchange about 3 weeks of communication, I saw seller agreeing to drive to meet 2 other buyers in Albuquerque NM. This is a six hour drive and given the cost of time and fuel his out of pocket and expenses would be right at what I was offering for a pickup at his home without the hassel. At this point in time though not shared publicly I was willing to bump to my upper limit of $3500 if there was some movement by the seller.

Email sent was as follows;

Hello again Jeff,

I guess I have somehow offended you in price. I don't quite understand your willingness to split shipping cost via MUD ship plus the hassel or spend close to $200 in gas alone to drive over 800 miles and 2 days of your time to meet another buyer ABQ.

INMHO my last offer beats that by a mile and a half.

The falcon buyer proves my point buying used at your price point is a tough sell. New Falcon is less than $3500 and the alpha is $3600 shipping and without shipping the alu cab new is $3900. I have to go to Folsom CA after Xmas so I can exclude shipping on a new alucab.

I will be back in PHX for Thanksgiving or we could make a PHX area dropoff before if you seriously reconsider your price point.

Larry

Seller responded in a hostile fashion including a reference to my membership on EP.

Hi Larry,

I’m not dealing with low ballers. I am willing to be accommodating to established board members like the person you are referring to. Going to ABQ is not a problem for me, as I have friends to visit there.

Your $2800 and later $3300 is not attractive, and yes is offensive. I gave you my best offer, I’m not desperate to sell. You should stop comparing the Alpha to an Alucab, they are not the same, just go buy the Alpha.

Jeff

I though slightly offended by the reply was still replying courteously in my reply below.

Sorry I offended you.

I have probably been following Expedition Portal and a member longer than you have. I forgot my password so that is why it shows me a anew member. Been going to the show since the first one in Flagstaff so no need for insults.

If you can't understand a fair negotiating process and are willing to take less in pocket money and effort to make a sure sale now than I am offering that's your perogative.

Good luck

Again the seller decided to remain hostile in the following reply.

What you are doing is not “fair negotiating”, please stop contacting me with your low ball offers. Sounds like what I have is not going to make you happy, even though you have scoured the boards for a awhile, and you haven’t found anything better. Good luck with your search.

Jeff

Last edited:
At this point in the communication it's clear seller left his big boy pants at home and wanted to act childish with his "low baller" comments. I however put my big boy pants on and assumed this was the end of the line.

Fact to this point 1) I did not lie, 2) I never insulted the seller in a personal or vindictive manner, 3) seller can be a prick if he wants to.

I then saw the November 13th tread were it appears another potential buyer was at best mislead if not outright lied to. Seller then used the long travel argument I made to the misled buyer. That pissed me off enough to justify my making my comment about the seller. Seller at best was flakey.

Seller then again insulted me, called me a liar and threatened to have me banned. I have responded accordingly.

I am glad the buyer is happy with his long drive to Arizona and the price he paid. If he paid asking price he paid real close to the price of a new tent in time, money, gas and wear and tear on his vehicle. Again that's the buyers perogative to place his own value on the item. If the seller sold below $3500 IMHO he is a flake if he sold below $3300 he is a complete **********.

Last edited:
Larry (EXPObolsado),

You edited the email chain, cherry picked the ones you wanted, and skipped several communications between us. I gave you an out, please take it.
I did not, which again shows you are the true liar. If you would like me to post the ten emails on setting up a time to inspect the tent before I made my first offer, or the ones after telling me to go buy another brand tent, though not relevant I'll gladly do so. If I am cherry picking you should post any relevant or irrelevant communication you see fit.

You take the opportunity to do come clean.

If you dont you are the one now outed as the complete liar and fraud.

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
I did not, which again shows you are the true liar. If you would like me to post the ten emails on setting up a time to inspect the tent before I made my first offer, or the ones after telling me to go buy another brand tent, though not relevant I'll gladly do so. If I am cherry picking you should post any relevant or irrelevant communication you see fit.

You take the opportunity to do come clean.

If you dont you are the one now outed as the complete liar and fraud.

Hi Larry,

Not sure what you hope to prove here other than you are a liar. We have had 30+ emails back and forth and you are editing the context and ignoring other emails completely.

Here are some Facts:
  • You never offered $3500, "thinking" you'd come up to that amount but NEVER communicating it, doesn't make it reality
  • I turned you down for your initial low offers, you continued to tell me the tent was overrated, but then kept bugging me.
  • I literally gave you suggestions of other tents to buy that seemed to fit your needs and you kept harassing me
  • I find it funny that now you are saying I insulted you. You literally told me "I have probably been following Expedition Portal and a member longer than you have. I forgot my password so that is why it shows me a anew member..." and that the Alpha tent is better
  • Your opinion and your wallet are yours, please go elsewhere
  • Every time you continue to post here, it goes to the top and people see how much sour grapes you have

TLDR, please stop bothering me. I reserve the right to delete this entire thread because you bring out way too much negativity, but I would like other people to see your behavior. That is until you "forget" your login password and have to create a new account again. What are your previous handles? Do you have a pattern of doing this to others. My reputation stands, all the people that have actually produced cash and purchased from me, seem happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94