SOLD: North NM: 2001 Montero Sport 3.5XS, 153k, $5,000

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Here's a great budget overland rig. Only selling because I picked up a GX470 and will be transitioning to that platform.
Pictures here : https://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mitsubishi-montero-sport/6774356510.html

Selling my 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.5XS 4wd automatic with 153,000 miles
I am the second owner of this SUV (I've owned it for 7 years). The 3.5xs is an extremely rare trim that has the larger more powerful 3.5l engine out of the full size Montero as well larger differentials with factory 4.90 gears while still maintaining a manual transfer case with 2wd, 4hi, 4lo. It also has nice amenities like map lights, adjustable lumbar, fog lights, 60/40 split rear seats with cupholders, and a unique interior. Compare this to a 3rd gen 4runner (I did when buying) and this blows it out of the water on price and in my opinion drives nicer while having a more robust drivetrain.
This particular specimen is exceedingly clean, has records since new (including the sales brochure), and has lived an easy life as a secondary vehicle. I only used this for fishing, camping, adventures, and road trips. It's been to Virginia and Oregon and countless places in between without ever throwing a check engine light or giving any problems at all. It's been a wonderful adventure partner and holds a lot of sentimental value for my wife and I but it's time to let it go on to the next person.
-Zero mechanical issues
-Very clean interior (never smoked in, no tears) and exterior. No rust, never been in an accident.
-Extremely well maintained and cared for
-Garaged it's entire life
-265/75R16 Yokohama G015 All Terrain Tires with tons of tread
-Timing belt, water pump, pulleys etc. done 10,000 miles ago
-New OEM alternator, wheel bearings, front/rear brake pads and rotors (and flush), sway bar bushings, and drive belts (within last 10,000 miles)
-Rear tire carrier swap using factory parts (only one I know of)
-Bilstein shocks all around (these are excellent!)
-Aisin manual hub swap (eliminates vacuum 4wd and disconnects the front axle from spinning all the time)
-Transmission cooler, curt hitch, wired for 4 pin trailer, and helper airbags in the rear (I towed a 500lb camping trailer, nothing big)
-JVC double din headunit with bluetooth streaming and calling. JBL component speakers in the front and kenwood speakers in the rear (both high quality) with a powered 10" infinity subwoofer under the front seat plus a bit of extra sound deadening here and there. Sounds great!
-I usually get 17-21mpg
Happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos on request. Price is $5,000 firm, as is where is, cash only, no warranty implied or given. Clean and clear title in hand. Serious buyers only please! Owner accompanies any test drives.
00S0S_kOpFKzxwG1C_1200x900.jpg

XJLI

Adventurer
These are super cool, my dad had two of em, one was a 5 speed. Wish I had the money to come out and get it. GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier