[sold] New on the lot four wheel camper Hawk rollover ($32,838, SLC UT)

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
When we bought our camper I figured approximately 180 nights of hotel stays to break even. Then I subtracted 30% because the quality of the experience. Camper is more enjoyable than most hotels/vrbos. With the camper I don't have to worry about bad neighbors, I get to use my pillows, my sheets, nobody has ever smoked cigarettes in it, my dog is always welcome, no bed bugs, it has a great mattress, and I can actually get a good night's sleep in it. It's 4 years old and I could fire sell it for 75% of the original value.

This camper is a good deal as it is 2021 pricing. It be another $5k if you ordered it today.

GLWS
I didn't think an FWC product could lower down with a made up bed like most other popups?

hvy63

Hey different strokes for different folks. The outdoors is what you make it. No one "needs" a fancy pop-up camper. I was in an 08 toyota sienna before this and loved every second of it. But we all have different situations and value/want equation is different for everyone. The camper sold btw.

4x4ready

Puzzled :unsure:

"wouldn't hold up"?
I'm pretty sure steel is stronger than aluminum, I mean, I've never seen an M-1 Abrahams Tank built out of aluminum. You may have an issue with the tow vehicle but not a steel trailer/camper.

I should clarify, by hold up I mean longevity with corosion, weight concerns, flexibility in the truck bed itself over long distances/conditions. Also the overall height is not bad @ 8'4" even with 40"-42" MT's. My previous steel frame popup had rust issues, was heavier and welds had issues even after only a few years (with a few coats powder coat). My previous pheonix camper that's 15 years old had an alluminum frame and still looked great when I sold it.

The four wheel camper is an outstanding unit and was well worth for family of 4 extended local / international trips. I went turn key this time around instead of building and overall the truck/camper combo saves lots of time/concern for me personally and ticks all the boxes. It was turn key for me so the time I would normally spend building the solution was replaced with vacation time, but that's my particular setup.

I've had a few steel popup campers in the past and I (along with large manufacturers) have moved to aluminum for good reason.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles