Sold my 7.3 F350...to a guy 3k miles away

Cas

Transport won’t be an issue, it’s the transfer of title/vehicle and funds I’m concerned about. Looking at using escrow.com. Has anybody here used this service or something similar? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Here is how it usually works: buyer makes an offer, seller accepts or refuses, if seller accepts you move to the next step. This is where you simply print off a bill of sale from the local DMV website, when buyer arrives you head to your bank to deposit funds or have buyer transfer funds from his bank(this is very easy if you both use a credit union as they can verify much quicker), then fill out the bill of sale and sign the title over. Make sure you remove your plates and clean out the glove box. I have bought several cars across state lines without issue, nothing complicated about it.

F350joe

Third party escrow is the only way to go for a deal like that. When I was a yacht broker we would not release the boat to a shipper or captain until funds were CLEARED in our escrow account. In your case, I would send signed title to the escrow company with explicit instructions that they are not to release title until funds have cleared your account. Banks put stupid holds on things sometimes but they do it for a reason. Three day hold on the transfer means three day hold on shipping. Don't let the truck leave your possession until you have the money, not when it is delivered.

303cruiser

I've used escrow.com for a vehicle sale before and it worked. The user interface is a little quirky so pay attention to the prompts... it asked me for shipping cost which I entered but there was no indication which party the cost would be assigned to so I assumed I would specify that later in the transaction but it defaulted to the seller. It was corrected but took an extra step to fix.

HTH

303cruiser

Cas

Thanks for the input guys. Truck’s in for a pre-purchase inspection now, transports been arraigned just gotta figure out transfer of title and payment. The local diesel shop might act as a Broker, so it’s that or escrow.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94