[SOLD] Micatech Motorcycle Panniers & Top Case (SF Bay Area, CA)

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
Hey folks. Thanks to having children I'm probably many years away from going on long rides again... I sold my bike a while back but hung onto the luggage. Who am I kidding, these are meant to be used and not just sitting in my garage! Plus I'm moving and won't have a place for these anymore. Hoping one of you can put them to good use as they still have a lot of life left!

They are from Micatech (now out of business). Look online and you'll see they have a cult following. I rode mine from the USA to the southern tip of Argentina and then again all around North America. The bike fell over countless times and was nicked by more than a few Mexican taxis, Colombian busses, and Honduran chickens (true story). They are no longer beauty queens with their battle scars, but they are tough as nails and still working fantastic after 50k+ miles.

These are 2 Micatech V2 cases (8" version, not the wider 10"). Side opening, which is nothing like the BMW clamshells. The door hinge is about a quarter of the way up the box so when you open them up your stuff doesn't fall out. There's also a little lip around the entire open which helps keep your gear in. And unlike a top loading pannier, you can keep stuff strapped to the lid and easily open the door. Speaking of the lid, I have a set of their "roof racks" on top which add bungee / rok strap tie down points, handles for carrying them into hotel rooms, and most importantly, cup holders so you don't have to put your beer on your seat like an animal. And don't worry, if you're having a party and need more cup holders, just open the panniers. The door braces have cup holders built in. ?

The panniers will mount to a SW-Motech rack with a semi-quick disconnect system, it's quite simple and secure. Sorry, I don't have the racks anymore. You could also hard mount them to any other rack by drilling a few holes and using pucks (wink wink KLR riders). They use a standard automotive weatherstripping seal and are still water tight!

I also have a size medium top case from Micatech. It too is bomber, but maybe not bomb proof and after a hard days ride in Death Valley a few years ago the mounting bolts decided to break loose and sent my case for a tumble, scattering all my belongs on the rocky desert floor. It still opens and mostly shuts. Spend some time with a vise and a hammer and surely you'll get it into fine working order again. The mount is also included as well as the quick disconnects (quarter-turns). But to make it work for your bike, you'll probably need to fabricate something or hard mount it directly do your rack. For whomever buys the panniers, I'll throw this in for a 6 pack of beer.

They are all locked/keyed the same and I have a few keys I can give to you. I'm happy to show them to you and I'm flexible most of the time if you'd like to take a look at them.

Stickers are included free of charge. Now you can park at Starbucks and tell people that you rode the Americas. ?

Panniers: $500/set
Top Case: 6 pack of beer

Last edited:

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
Lowered the price and I'll toss in some motorcycle travel books, DVDs, and travel maps. It's almost time for the borders to open up...

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
Bump. Lowered the price again! Smoking deal on a set of the best panniers ever available. I'll even throw in a half-full bottle of top shelf tequila! Please, don't make me drink it all by myself...

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
A few people asked for pictures of the mounting.

Panniers have 4 slots that mate with standard "pucks" mounted on the SW Motech racks.

Another shot of the backside of the panniers. Dirt from my last trip to Death Valley included at no charge.

Looking at the bottom of the top case. The mount, which connects the top case to a KLR650, is still attached. But it is damaged and likely unusable. The box itself has 4 holes punched into the bottom of it which secure it to the mount using 4 quarter-turns.

A look at the top case from the front (back?) You can see how the mount has been bent.

Looking at the bottom of the top case and mount. The mount is damaged.

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
BUMP. I'll throw in the built-in beer holders at no extra charge.

4344377030_e24552a466.jpg

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
SOLD. Off to another Micatech owner who knows the value of these panniers and will use on a second bike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier