(SOLD) Freespirit Recreation High Country 80" Tri-Layer RTT

inexplorata

EDIT: Sold.

Welp. I'm probably going to regret getting out of this thing, but.

Winter sale!

IMGP6990.jpg

IMGP6987.jpg

This is the big insulated one, sleep the whole family warmer and cooler. I did a full write-up on this tent with a ton more pics here: GoFSR Tent Review

Vital statistics:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 10.03.43 AM.png

Put away super clean, I have an unexpected line on selling my truck and he's not interested in the tent. Located in Denver, CO.

$2,000 pick-up only. My most favoritest rooftop tent ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVI
Oops, NVM, just saw your (awesome) review. Looks great but looking for hard shell, I guess the ikamper is the only thing out there for the size and construction

inexplorata

Yep, iKamper if you absolutely want hard shell. That said, this tent’s mattress is like 20 inches wider, which is what tilted me toward it for the family (and the insulation in this one, but to be honest I didn’t think I’d wind up appreciating that part as much as I did). But I would’ve gone iKamper if I didn’t need the extra width.

inexplorata

FYI this is the Adventure Series 80" not High Country. I have the 60". Absolutely love it, solid deal!
Well you made me look! My invoice calls it High Country. I think the distinction is the High Country ones are fold-out-and-up vs. pop-up-and-done. Which is how you get the behemoth mattress size.

asanto

Well you made me look! My invoice calls it High Country. I think the distinction is the High Country ones are fold-out-and-up vs. pop-up-and-done. Which is how you get the behemoth mattress size.
There isn't an Adventure Series 80", those are 1-2 person or 2-3 person tents. Pretty sure this is a high country as you mentioned above.

That said, is this still available?

KarlG

GLWS We have the high country 55 and love it.
Do you have the trilayer version or not ? Care to share any pros and cons of your tent? I’m considering the HC 63 standard (not premium) to keep the weight down to 150lb. I can always buy the insert for warmth later as they said they’ll be making it. Any condensation on the upper part of the tent ? I’m interested specifically in how the purely polyester tent material performs versus the poly/cotton blend so many others use.

jeepers29

Do you have the trilayer version or not ? Care to share any pros and cons of your tent? I’m considering the HC 63 standard (not premium) to keep the weight down to 150lb. I can always buy the insert for warmth later as they said they’ll be making it. Any condensation on the upper part of the tent ? I’m interested specifically in how the purely polyester tent material performs versus the poly/cotton blend so many others use.
Sorry, been out of town. We have gotten a bit of condensation but once we opened the windows a bit at the top, all has been good. Ours is not the tri layer. The only con I think is the mattress. We took ours out and added a megamat. It fits perfectly.With the mattress out, we can leave the megamat and sleeping bag in it when folded. The best ting about this tent is how quick it sets up. No window stakes to mess with. We were going to get a Tepui, as I really like the zipper gimp feature but found this on CL and went to look at it as was sold on how light it is and how easy to open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles