SOLD! Ford F600 4X4 1979 Popup top, Cummins Allison, make me an offer!

GR8ADV

Explorer
Wow. Seems like a heck of a lot of truck for under 100k. Anybody have experience with tile walls?

GLWS.

Matmantre

Wow. Seems like a heck of a lot of truck for under 100k. Anybody have experience with tile walls?

GLWS.

I wish everybody would understand that! One "facebooker" asked me how many dozen of it he gets for that price! I laughed, but still annoying.

About the tile, I wouldn't do it in a normal camper, for the weight but also because of the rigidity of the box, I think they could unset and fall. But not in my box I didn't show in the video how it's made, but believe me, the box is sturdy as a rock. The form is made of 3/4 russian plywood, glued and screwed, then fiberglassed in and out with multiple layers.

I had a round piece laying in the shop and I tested it to see how strong it is. It took 3 guys, a sledge hammer and a lot of hits, and still, the fiberglass was almost like new, the plywood finally gave up between 2 laminate!

Thanks for the comment, Cheers!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks a lot, not the first set back of my life... I learned to deal with it, not fight it. Someone else will enjoy it for me I'm sure. Take care
Great rig. It should sell. Best of health to your girlfriend and a quick recovery after all the surgeries. Your English is excellent!

CampStewart

Observer
It looks very well thought out and built. I am unfamiliar with russian plywood is it considered superior to marine or other specialty types? I hope you do another video about how it was constructed

Matmantre

Great rig. It should sell. Best of health to your girlfriend and a quick recovery after all the surgeries. Your English is excellent!

Thanks for the good wishes, thank God my girlfriend is doing better, for now. But doctors said she'll need other surgery every year or so. Thanks again!

Matmantre

It looks very well thought out and built. I am unfamiliar with russian plywood is it considered superior to marine or other specialty types? I hope you do another video about how it was constructed

It's probably the equivalent of marine, all birch, no voids, double of layers and glue or more. For example, a 3/4 thick as 12 or 13 layers in it. It is also straighter, moisture resistant and a lot heavier!

I'll work on a build video as soon as I have free time. Mostly pictures and short video, but it would give a good idea.

Thanks

Matmantre

Coronavirus free! Haha

Many people asked about the standing height, it's 6'3" in the kitchen, about 6'1" in the bathroom. But it could be modified to raise it couple of inches if really needed.

What is the height of other overlander?

joey

Observer
Wow. This is such a ************ rig!!! Really impressive and well thought out. A dream overlanding vehicle

To answer your question rig is 5'7" inside (4x4 ambulance). 6'1" is a great interior height!

Good luck with your sale and a free bump.

But honestly, for a $100K rig, I am guessing a bank will finance this as a RV? How does insurance work for this, for the VIN lookup on the insurance company's end will show this as a $8,000 work truck or less.

Matmantre

Good luck with your sale and a free bump.

But honestly, for a $100K rig, I am guessing a bank will finance this as a RV? How does insurance work for this, for the VIN lookup on the insurance company's end will show this as a $8,000 work truck or less.

My insurance company insured the truck, camper and also my personal stuff. I was suppose to get a professional evaluation to raise the value but I didn't do it, yet. All company have a different way to look at it, I did many phone calls and chose the one I liked the most.

Matmantre

Wow. This is such a ************ rig!!! Really impressive and well thought out. A dream overlanding vehicle

To answer your question rig is 5'7" inside (4x4 ambulance). 6'1" is a great interior height!

Oh nice! Thanks for the info! Mine is 6'3" kitchen, 6'1" bathroom and above 7' dining area. What is also nice is thatvth3 pop-up gives lot of room in the main bed, about 4 feet, so you can easily sit, read a book or... Anything else.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke