SOLD! Ford F600 4X4 1979 Popup top, Cummins Allison, make me an offer!

Msand

Importer
Good luck with your sale and a free bump.

But honestly, for a $100K rig, I am guessing a bank will finance this as a RV? How does insurance work for this, for the VIN lookup on the insurance company's end will show this as a $8,000 work truck or less.
A bank will finance it if you have a certified appraisal, if not, it's valued at the chassis value then you got to come up with the difference.

But I firmly believe if you can't pay for a custom rig like this in cash you shouldn't get financing- in case something happens. Ivye seen plenty of people loose their ****** on high end rigs, mainly custom 4x4 sprinters. They can make the monthly payments but can afford the upkeep.

Matmantre

A bank will finance it if you have a certified appraisal, if not, it's valued at the chassis value then you got to come up with the difference.

But I firmly believe if you can't pay for a custom rig like this in cash you shouldn't get financing- in case something happens. Ivye seen plenty of people loose their ****** on high end rigs, mainly custom 4x4 sprinters. They can make the monthly payments but can afford the upkeep.

Thanks for the info about financing.

About Cash or bank, I think it's a personal choice. Myself, I only buy when I have the cash, I hate paiements! Other people might deal better with borrowing.

Thanks again

Not many offers, is it the market right now or the price?
I would say both...

You mentioned of plans to get it professionally appraised. Any news on that? That would make this rig more appealing in terms of financing and insurance for common folks should you wish to expand the market. Given the work and parts you put in, I am confident any appraiser would say this rig is worth $150,000.

Matmantre

I would say both...

You mentioned of plans to get it professionally appraised. Any news on that? That would make this rig more appealing in terms of financing and insurance for common folks should you wish to expand the market. Given the work and parts you put in, I am confident any appraiser would say this rig is worth $150,000.

Yes I was supposed to do it for myself, to raise the insurance amount. But you are 100% true it would help a lot.

I am not familiar with appraiser, is there one better than the other? Or an association that would be more accepted by bank and insurance?

Thanks a lot, very constructive comment,

Mat

Yes I was supposed to do it for myself, to raise the insurance amount. But you are 100% true it would help a lot.

I am not familiar with appraiser, is there one better than the other? Or an association that would be more accepted by bank and insurance?

Thanks a lot, very constructive comment,

Mat

I am familiar with appraisers for antique or historic vehicles but not these unique builds. But the best bang would be Appraise it > register it as an RV > Keep tabs on the ever falling interest rates = Potential buyers with good credit can snag a deal with low interest rates. You have done the legwork for them

I wish you good luck for quite honestly, the worst year since 2008 economically to be selling something. For me personally, though tempted, without the above things in place I am looking at paying everything out of pocket. I don't want to make an offer for risk of offending you given how high you are. In this economy, if I were to select between putting my cash in a rapidly depreciating asset vs the stock market which is a bargain now, I'd choose the latter.

Just my two cents, but atleast gets your thread back up top...

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Not many offers, is it the market right now or the price?

As mentioned you'll have to find the right buyer. I feel like most people who have six figures to drop on an RV are looking for something more "luxurious."

Bottom line is that it's a custom one off and you'll have to find someone who appreciates it for what it is AND has the bank roll to back it up.

I would have been interested in the truck in its original condition but (no offense) I wouldn't have made a "camper" out of it. I would like to have one of those with a Holmes 750 wrecker unit or a knuckle boom crane and flat bed.

Was the original transfer case a NP-205? Seems like it would have been a heavier duty Rockwell unit.

GLWS...

Matmantre

As mentioned you'll have to find the right buyer. I feel like most people who have six figures to drop on an RV are looking for something more "luxurious."

Bottom line is that it's a custom one off and you'll have to find someone who appreciates it for what it is AND has the bank roll to back it up.

I would have been interested in the truck in its original condition but (no offense) I wouldn't have made a "camper" out of it. I would like to have one of those with a Holmes 750 wrecker unit or a knuckle boom crane and flat bed.

Was the original transfer case a NP-205? Seems like it would have been a heavier duty Rockwell unit.

GLWS...

Thanks for the reply, the original T-case was a Rockwell T223, the problem with it is that all parts are discontinued and it’s a very bad designed t-case: it builds up a lot of heat, it always leaks, it’s loud, its big/heavy and the gears/bearings are not bigger than a NP205. In fact, the low gears are small and weak, I opened 3 different T223 and all had broken gears. That’s why I switched to the NP205. The 205 is smaller in size because there is one shaft/gear less, but in fact I think everything is beefier.

Thanks again,

Mathieu

Matmantre

Good morning all!

Like if I didn’t had enough problem already, that virus is making it even worst. Long story short: German and Canadian governments are calling us back separately .... so we need to decide if we stay together or split for who knows how long.... in both cases, we need to leave the USA. So any reasonable offer will be accepted! My lost your gain....

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Does anyone know of any options for Matmantre like an expo vehicle dealer that might do consignment or something? Giving more time to find the right buyer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94