** SOLD ** FOR SALE: 2015 EarthCruiser FX

dburns

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.19.02 PM.jpeg

FOR SALE:
  • 2015 EarthCruiser FX, built on a 2014 Fuso FG chassis 
  • Three-liter turbo diesel with Duonic transmission
  • Mileage as of this posting: 31,518
  • Price: $219,000

If you are reading this classified, you probably already know the basic information about the comfort and capabilities of an EarthCruiser.  You know about the proven ability to travel comfortably atop a rugged 4x4 chassis, supporting a studio apartment on wheels. Wherever your travels take you, you’ll do so in climate-controlled comfort.  You will enjoy a proper bathroom, hot shower, comfy bed, and functional kitchen - all while maintaining the compact footprint making this vehicle easy to negotiate around town.

This is your opportunity to avoid the agonizingly long wait for a new EarthCruiser and buy a clean, low-mileage vehicle, built by an overlanding focused company.

As the second owner of this EC, my wife and I have been incredibly comfortable traveling on many amazing adventures. The truck is incredibly well engineered and is mostly unchanged since it was originally delivered new.  While the truck has been used as intended, potential buyers will see only minor usual wear and tear.  The maintenance and service records are well maintained and mechanically everything is in great working order.

Chassis (Fuso 4x4 2014) 
  • Mitsubishi Duonic semi-automatic transmission (functioning both as a fully automatic transmission, or manually controlled transmission via the manual mode on the shifter – extremely easy for everyone to drive. There is no clutch pedal.
  • High range gearing, better for on-road travel.  
  • Front limited slip differential, factory rear limited slip differential.
  • Optional proprietary off-road suspension, including:  Radflow EarthCruiser spec shocks, custom EarthCruiser leaf springs, and Timbren front axle bump stops.
  • Manual front hubs to lock in four-wheel drive.
  • 16″ EarthCruiser Super Single wheels paired with Toyo Open Country M/T 315/75/R16 tires, good tread remaining.

Chassis (Protection)
  • EarthCruiser radiator protector/skid plate.
  • CV boot covers/protectors.
  • EarthCruiser (East Coast Bullbar) front bullbar, with light bar.
  • EarthCruiser scrub bars and roof rack with two mounted ditch flood lights. 
  • EarthCruiser heavy duty rear bumper, with Class IV hitch receiver and integrated brake/turn/running lights.
  • Front 16,500lb Warn winch with emergency winch power cut-off switch, easily accessed from the driver side of the vehicle while operating winch.
  • All services completed by authorized Fuso service centers under our ownership  

Chassis Cab (Internal)
  • Fully insulated and soundproofed with Dynamat lining.
  • Cab (driver and passenger) LED map and reading lights, touch sensitive and multi-level light intensity.
  • Custom leather spring ride suspension seats with seat heaters, adjustable for angle, fore/aft, and suspension preload level.   
  • Matching leather center console with integrated USB 2.0 outlets.
  • Rear facing external cameras with in-cab display.
  • Pioneer Bluetooth compatible stereo head unit (with remote to operate from the house area).
  • Custom heat reflecting privacy screens for cab windows (made by EarthCruiser specific to the Fuso chassis).
  • Custom thermal dividing panel between chassis cab and house camper

House  (Internal)
  • Six Dometic windows, double insulated with integrated black-out and insect screens.
  • Webasto diesel-fired water heater and heater, tapped into chassis fuel tank.
  • Two burner Webasto ceramic diesel-fired cooktop, tapped into chassis fuel tank.
  • 12 VDC stainless steel Isotherm refrigerator/freezer. 
  • DC Air conditioner
  • Seagull IV X-1 water filtration system, capable of safely pumping water directly from lakes and streams.
  • Numerous 120 VAC, USB 2.0, and 12 VDC receptacles throughout.  All 120 VAC outlets are GFI controlled units.
  • Two Sirocco 360° ceiling-integrated house fans, with timers and multiple power levels. Lockable in the retracted or deployed configuration.
  • 360° adjustable/removable Laguna dinette table.
  • Full size double bed and additional mattress topper.
  • Ample under bed storage: Four under the mattress and two storage bins, similar to drawers, in a cabinet below the bed.
  • Five drawer bedside cabinet.
  • Eight kitchen/pantry drawers.
  • Storage under the dinette seat.
  • Twin onboard water tanks, individually selectable, or can be linked. One 40 gallon, and one 25-gallon tank. Both can be used during freezing temperatures. The 40-gallon primary tank is mounted inside the walls of the house and kept from freezing via a fan that moves warm air from inside the house into the rear storage area. The 25-gallon external, secondary tank can be kept from freezing by utilizing an external heat pad attached to the base of it and controlled from the inside control panel.
  • Indoor and outdoor filtered water dispensing faucets.
  • Retractable Thetford cassette toilet, with 6-gallon capacity cassette.
  • Indoor and outdoor showers.
  • 13-gallon gray water tank with water level readout on main data panel cluster (inside).

House  (External)
  • Large external-accessed storage compartments with automated lighting – one door on each side, with rear area of storage compartment having a large pass through.
  • Fiamma F65S power retractable awning on passenger side, controlled from switch panel just inside the house door.
  • Bumper mounted storage box.

Electrical
  • 3 recessed 125W Solbian roof mounted solar panels.
  • Blue Sky solar controllers/12v charge controllers.
  • 2000W Magnum Inverter.
  • Marine-grade BEP systems control panel for managing power/water, utilizing owner configurable graphic readout panel, labeled and fully lighted circuit breaker/switches for the various house functions.  
  • Two 270Ah Mastervolt AGM house batteries.
View attachment DSCF1163.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

DSCF1170.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1185.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1189.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1193.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1198.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1215.jpeg

View attachment DSCF1223.jpeg

Last edited:

Ranchero

Wanderer
Are you in Salida? Weird to have just looked out my window to see S-mountain and then see it in this picture.

dburns

Are you in Salida? Weird to have just looked out my window to see S-mountain and then see it in this picture.
This picture was taken on a trip while visiting Salida, but the camper is now at my home in Oregon.

Last edited:

Jimch

Wow where to start...how about the bed. A Double: 54" x 70" Not queen size? 60"X80" ? I guess not. My wife and I cant sleep in a double, too short, too narrow.

dburns

Hello,

Can two adult men sleep in this EC in separate beds?

Thanks,

Bill
Hi Bill. As currently configured - there is only a single dedicated bed.

Many EC owners cut a piece of plywood to bridge the dinette, drop the cushions, and use that space as a sleeping area. I have not measured or compared the exact dimensions, but I would imagine the available space would approximately match dimensions of a twin mattress.

I have never used the dinette area for sleeping, so cannot speak to this with firsthand experience.

eugarps

Hi Bill. As currently configured - there is only a single dedicated bed.

Many EC owners cut a piece of plywood to bridge the dinette, drop the cushions, and use that space as a sleeping area. I have not measured or compared the exact dimensions, but I would imagine the available space would approximately match dimensions of a twin mattress.

I have never used the dinette area for sleeping, so cannot speak to this with firsthand experience.

The Plywood option sounds quite doable, if there’s a ledge upon which it could rest. I would only be using that configuration very occasionally.

Thank you,

Bill

dburns

The Plywood option sounds quite doable, if there’s a ledge upon which it could rest. I would only be using that configuration very occasionally.

Thank you,

Bill
Yes, there is a ledge with probably 1/2 inch surface area with which the plywood will rest upon. If you want a picture, I can send you a detailed close up.

eugarps

Yes, there is a ledge with probably 1/2 inch surface area with which the plywood will rest upon. If you want a picture, I can send you a detailed close up.

No photo required. I can visualize it and think it would work. It seems I could store the plywood under the dinette cushions. I‘m an engineer, so I’m sure I can sort it out somehow.

Oh, one more thing (I’m like Columbo) could you post a photo of the rear of your EC? If it’s there, I missed it.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

BlueRidgeBob

Do you happen to know the bed dimensions? I have searched and cannot find the exact dimensions anywhere (I am 78" tall so this is important if it's standard or custom)

dburns

No photo required. I can visualize it and think it would work. It seems I could store the plywood under the dinette cushions. I‘m an engineer, so I’m sure I can sort it out somehow.

Oh, one more thing (I’m like Columbo) could you post a photo of the rear of your EC? If it’s there, I missed it.

Thanks again!
Adding requested pictures showing the back of EC.

NOTE: the pictured bike rack IS NOT included with the sale.

IMG_2641.jpeg. IMG_2643.jpeg. IMG_2644.jpeg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
When I’m shopping for a $200k + overland rig to take me back into the wilderness, I’m not as much concerned about the engine, running gear, fuel capacity, electrical set-up, water capacity and GVWR, im concerned about the exact dimensions of the mattress. LOL another overland classified pure gold.
To be fair, OP's initial post was very thorough, so it's quite possible that mattress dimensions and perhaps the number of ice cubes from the freezer tray are the only remaining unknowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles