SOLD: Flippac for DCSB Tacoma

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Flippac for DCSB Tacoma
SOLD
3 years old (Purchased in December of 2012)
Tent is in excellent condition with no tears or stains.
Camper is in excellent condition.
Mattress is in excellent condition.
Requires drilling 6 holes in top of bed rail to mount.
Comes with:
-SLO Sail rainfly
-Rear ARB awning
-Interior cabinets with:
  • Homemade fridge slide with table
  • Porta-potti drawer (not shown in pics)
  • Hi Lift drawer
  • Cabinet that accommodates (2) 7 gal water jugs
  • Upper and lower storage cabinets
  • Spot for chuckbox
-2 large (24 gal.) Action packers fit between the cabinets with some room to spare.
-Cabinets mount to factory bed rail tracks and can be installed/ removed somewhat easily.
Does not include:
-Fridge
-Water system
-Porta potti (you'll want a new one)
-Prinsu roof rack
Issues:
Broken back window was replaced with tinted plexiglass. All pictures, here and in the build thread, show the plexiglass, which works really well and adds some theft deterence. Flexes a little when open, but is really solid when closed.
More info on my build thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/135020-Overland-ish-Tacoma-Flippac-Build

View attachment 326364

View attachment 326365

View attachment 326366

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

Attachments

• Flippac with rainfly & awning.jpg
    Flippac with rainfly & awning.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

MTaco

Adventurer
Loved your build. You should have no problem selling this. If you were closer I would consider buying!

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Thanks! I tried to price it reasonably for a quick sale.

From the description in your signature, we have similar builds. How did the mileage change with the 4.56's? Debating doing that in the next few years.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Same here. Hows the 4dr midsize vs kids seating space? Thats my one worry if I switch to a 4dr midsize truck. A flipac type approach paired with our tent trailer would be an interesting option. Full family mode or dads escape pod. LOL

A flat bed FWC would be killer but thats a big investment. Curious to see what the new aluminum flipac looks like.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
The 4 door is fine for the family. It's a little tight for my wife because the little one is still rear facing. As soon as she turns around, we'll be fine.

Dad's escape pod is definitely a possibility! Plenty of room.

The flatbed would be great, but you're probably looking at $30K. Buy mine instead!

image.jpg

You can park in normal spots, the CG is low, and you hardly notice it's on there. Just running some errands with the kids...

MTaco

Adventurer
Thanks! I tried to price it reasonably for a quick sale.

From the description in your signature, we have similar builds. How did the mileage change with the 4.56's? Debating doing that in the next few years.

You will be happy with the 4.56's. I gained my power back and probably got about 2 mpg's back. Well worth the cost.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
You will be happy with the 4.56's. I gained my power back and probably got about 2 mpg's back. Well worth the cost.

Thanks for the info. Do you usually do a lot of freeway driving? Manual or AT? I'm worried about the freeway RPM's with lower gears since the MT overdrive is lower than the AT overdrive. It would be undoubtedly better off- road. I often find myself in 4th or 5th in 4LO, just so I don't have to keep switching back and forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles