(Sold) Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 5.9 High Output Manual Transmission + Hallmark Everest For Sale

cascadediesel

My wife and I set this truck/camper up to be the safest, most reliable and capable camper for our family. I think we succeeded! However, looming home renovations are forcing sale. $75k for the combo. My cell number is (925) 330-8775. If you're interested I can text a bunch more pictures, but please only if you are seriously interested. We prefer to keep the setup together. I am located in Bellingham, WA.

We wanted a camper with all the safety features for the kiddos in the back, good gas mileage, capability etc. The truck gets impressive economy with the camper on, and it is downright surprising with the camper off. We have a 300 mile trip we've done regularly over two passes and back and have achieved 20.75mpg multiple times. I can get 24mpg with the camper off highway driving. With the 30 gallon tank the range is awesome- it is really nice not having to fill up when doing weekend trips. The setup drives excellent together. The camper is well within payload for the truck and you can toss it into a turn confidently without consequence. With the 6.5' bed it is very maneuverable and easy to park. The manual transmission is highly entertaining and the NV5600 is the best transmission offered hands-down.

I've spent over $10k (have receipts) in the last year to ensure reliability and mechanical perfection on the truck, it will not disappoint. The truck is extraordinarily clean, and was owned by a diesel transit mechanic who took equally meticulous care of it before me. I'm still friends with him to this day and consult with him when I have questions. The body has one dime size ding on the driver's door. It has never been used as a work truck and it is immaculate inside and out. I have always kept seat covers on it, vacuum/wash truck and camper after every trip. Waxed regularly- you get it. This truck has also never seen a salted road and the frame is 100% rust free and generally clean enough to eat off of. Yes, I clean my truck's frame.

The Everest has been awesome. We have owned a few other pop-up truck campers previous to it and I have to say the others don't even come close. We get absolutely zero thermal bridging anywhere on this camper with the four of us in there; the PNW is the ultimate testing ground and it couldn't get any better. Everything functions perfectly with the camper. One of our favorite things about it is that it has enough storage to put everything away and keep the living space free of clutter. I ordered parts from Hallmark recently and apparently they have a 1.5 year wait time for a new one, which is no surprise, the build quality is amazing. Brand new with the same options this Everest would be a bit over $60k.

Truck – Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins HO 2005
  • 5.9 high output 325hp/610tq – This motor came stock with no EGR and of course no DEF
  • 6 speed manual NV5600 – much more reliable than the g56 manual tranny
    4x4 with dual range transfer case
  • 3.73 Anti-spin (a mechanical limited slip basically) rear axle
  • Laramie package (heated leather, heated mirrors, all power, dual zone climate, cruise, etc.)
  • Exhaust Brake
  • No power modifications like programmers etc., truck is built for reliability and efficiency
  • Gauges for EGT, boost, altimeter
  • Banks exhaust – not loud, which I am very sensitive to. Just lowers EGTs
  • CB Radio for weather
  • Front and backup camera + apple carplay, I think it’s a Pioneer, nice looking and unobtrusive
  • Upgraded headlights and fog lights
  • New monotube shocks all around
  • 12,000lb winch and brush guard
  • Rigid LED backup lights recessed in bumper
  • New dual batteries in the last year
  • New AC compressor
  • New water pump and serpentine belt
  • Coolant Flush
  • Valve lash set
  • Fuel filter ever 3k miles (...yep)
  • Oil change every 3k miles or less if a trip is upcoming
  • 7k miles on Cooper Discoverer AT3 275s (add 3.5% when calculating mpg)
  • Alignment (laser)
  • T-style steering upgrade (XRF HD) + new rod ends and stabilizer
  • New HD track bar
  • Transmission oil just changed with 2 extra quarts added
  • Driver, Passenger, and f/r curtain air bags, lower anchors and top tether for car seats
  • Brakes checked with 80% remaining
  • New door gaskets, pedal pads, shift knob, center console cover, really anything that felt or looked worn has been replaced.
  • Soft Topper canopy in like new condition for when camper is off
  • Firestone Air bags
  • Rear Hellwig sway-bar
  • Thule roof rack for cab when camper is off
  • Front rack that mounts to front bumper to carry bikes (we usually use it for the kid's bikes)
  • Truck has 180,xxx miles, bottom end is just broken in for what this is.
  • Clear title in my name
Camper – Hallmark Everest 2015
  • Extended North/South Cabover bed with storage on each side; and of course, tons underneath
  • Work boxes and rear step, extra Rotopax water containers mounted on front of boxes with spigot
  • One-piece composite roof
  • Rear bumper
  • Full power jacks
  • Full power roof lift
  • 4 – layer soft wall upgrade
  • Overhead ABS cabinets
  • Refrigerator upgraded to Novacool 12V Compressor fridge
  • Two brand new 100w Zamp Solar
  • A/C Unit
  • Water heater
  • Forced air furnace (actually quiet enough to keep on at night!)
  • Shovel and Axe Kit
  • Interior LED lighting
  • Exterior LED lights with addition of LED spot lights
  • 270 degree awning, zip on sides to make a room
  • Bluetooth/Radio/CD Unit
  • Dual battery
  • Yakima track with three HD bars
  • Rocky mount rear bike mounts (2) can take 15mm or 9mm axle (mountain or road)
  • Bamboo cabinets
  • Porta potti toilet under seat (only used by our daughter for #1 at night night time)
  • Rear Fantastic fan and forward vent
  • Polar covers for all windows (These are awesome, can’t overemphasize how nice it is to NEVER have any condensation in a truck camper, that goes for the rest of the camper too.)
  • European sink and stove upgrade
  • Bullfinch outdoor shower
  • Sleeps 4, we were eventually going to buy the bunk option from Hallmark and add it, but didn't need it yet.
  • Clear title in my name
1.jpg
40dfc338-b1fa-4f04-add1-2566677fb260.jpg

0.jpg

IMG_5468.JPG

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
Dude, if I hadn’t bought two truck campers in the last few months, I’d be on a plane.
Awesome rig!
GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Real nice. That's unusually high mpg. The '03-'04 HO's can get that but the 325 hp's are usually shy of that. Camper's immaculate. Hallmark makes a fine unit.

cascadediesel

Real nice. That's unusually high mpg. The '03-'04 HO's can get that but the 325 hp's are usually shy of that. Camper's immaculate. Hallmark makes a fine unit.
Thanks, I have an affliction where I have to keep my vehicle and camper perfect, luckily for the next owner. Both truck and camper are immaculate no doubt about it!

Yes, I'm the guy in the right lane taking my time and trying to achieve excellent mpg. It's easy to get worse mpg with this setup than stated above, but it's also reasonable to achieve those numbers. I've actually gotten 26mpg on a tank with the camper off, but I wasn't going to post that as I didn't think anyone would believe me. I'm probably a closeted hypermiler, who knows...?️‍♂️

cascadediesel

Some truck interior photos. Neoprene Wet Okole seat covers included and Weathertech mats. Interior is as clean as the rest of it. Dash is perfect under the mat.

67A913F9-F5D5-48BC-921D-5853168588A3.jpeg

7144C0CD-5FB8-4C02-B56A-35EFED2AFB18.jpeg
A5E728D1-A7D3-47BA-ACC6-69029C60A808.jpeg
40BC107A-5CC4-4E14-B5A9-0B7593E20282.jpeg
04D4A43A-190E-4056-AE9F-7324D3672077.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles