SOLD ** CVT DENALI EXTENDED SUMMIT SERIES ROOFTOP TENT **SOLD

tjalward

Observer
SOLD CVT DENALI EXTENDED SUMMIT SERIES ROOFTOP TENT SOLD

Grey with Black Rainfly

I have owned this tent for a little more than 4 years, it has served me extraordinarily well and is in fantastic condition. Not sure how many nights in it, but dozens of trips around the southwest both solo and with my family of 4. This tent is truly big enough for sleeping 4 in comfort. I’ve tried that in the 72” and 76” tents from various vendors and can tell you that it is NOT the same as this one which is 2.2 meters or about 87”. This is wider than an eastern king bed and longer too. If you want to do family camping in a RTT, this one is for you.

Selling because I am re-fitting my truck and given that I do many trips without the kids these days, they are going to get a ground tent (that they can be in charge of!) when they participate. My new rooftop tent is meant for two.

There are no known issues. No leaks, no tears, no scuffs, or unusual wear. Comes with everything I got with it when purchased new, and many functional upgrades and extras that don’t come with it. This model tent is no longer available from CVT. They now offer the Pioneer Series and the Hybrid Series. Hybrid was meant to be a mix of this tent and the Pioneer. This tent is more heavy duty / rugged than the Hybrid Series they now sell in its place, which looks to be $3800 in the same trim/options:

https://cascadiatents.com/hybrid-series.html

At the time, this Denali Extended Summit was the top-of-the-line tent they offered, in the most popular and neutral (not insane neon) color. Not positive, but I believe the price for this tent was $3595 back in 2016-17. I got it delivered at the Overland Expo West 2017.

I can tell you anything you want to know about the tent. Can also provide tons of pics if you really want of it in action, I have lots of photos over the years. Pictures in this ad are from the last trip I did, in June 2021.

The tent is still installed on my truck at this time. Thought that would be easier for a buyer to see what they are getting and get an idea of how I found it best to deploy and stow. I live in Chandler, AZ but if you are close to the Phoenix AZ area, we may be able to discuss delivery. Much better to buy a tent this way than sitting on a garage floor not deploy-able! We can remove it together and you will have a much better understanding of it. Not very interested in figuring out how to ship it. But if you want to arrange that, maybe it is possible?

Looking to get $2500 for it all. I’m including over $500 in upgrades and accessories with it. If you feel the value is different, please feel free talk to me about it and make a reasonable offer. I feel this is an exceptional deal considering the condition, modifications, extras, etc. Pricing it for a quick sale so I can get it off the truck and I can start on my new project. Please reach out to me to discuss! Can talk or text and get all your questions answered.

Details, Specifications, Features:
  • 380g poly / cotton rip-stop canvas – breathable, mold resistant, UV protection, waterproof PU coating.
  • 600D polyester oxford with taped seams and PU coated
  • 1000D PVC, heavy duty PVC cover, heavy duty zips
  • Metal hinges and pivots for all poles and attachments, NO plastic!
  • 1” aluminum material wrapped poles
  • Diamond plate honeycomb aluminum floor and roof (this is walkable on top of tent!!)
  • 3” thick high-density foam mattress with waterproof cover
  • Anti-condensation mat
  • Dual entry doors, dual telescoping ladders
  • 4 heavy duty straps over cover for securing while driving with heavy duty metal cam buckles
  • D rings for hanging lanterns, clothesline, etc.
  • USB chargers and integral dimmable light w/ switch in central pole
  • Dual spreader poles to keep the extended overhang taught, “snow/rain poles”
  • All the spring rods for the window awnings
  • All the spares, wrenches, ground stakes that came with the tent
  • Full size annex/vestibule with bag included. It zips on, with removable PCV floor. Annex used 5 times; floor never used. Annex / extension covers the ladders which has come in handy when raining for sure!
  • Tent fabric is super strong and keeps dark in the morning!
  • 87” x 96” sleeping area
  • 87” x 132” footprint with extension covering the ladders
  • Stargazer option, roof can be unzipped and a view of the stars even with the rainfly on
  • All zippers and bug mesh are 100% intact, no tears or broken zips
  • 3 pockets per side for keeping track of small items
  • 12v plug that I cut to enable a permanent electrical (with switch) connection
  • Original ratcheting wrenches from CVT

Extras that I have done / added and including with the sale:
  • Extra awing rail extrusion the entire width of tent on roof near hinge, allows you to put annex on without taking off the PCV travel cover
  • D-rings added to allow the travel cover to be rolled up, bungeed in place, getting it out of the way and allowing access to truck / gear
  • Grip tape on ladders
  • Complete extra CVT ladder included for a spare (yes, a spare, the ladder will get gritty over time)
  • Complete and brand-new travel cover for 2.2m tent in grey, included
  • Extra external light added to roof of tent overhang, National Luna hi/low/off mounted above the central entrance of annex. This is on a quick disconnect power wire for when the tent is folded up the wire doesn’t get snagged
  • Extra D-rings for hanging items from the overhang
  • 2 shoe bags
  • Rubber backed carpet squares to put under the ladders, so the dirt and gunk doesn’t get into them
  • Extra hardware I bought for spares and upgrades - in a CVT Velcro pouch including clamps for 3 load bars, extra Velcro straps, and ring buckles with rivets for attaching, spreader pole end caps, extra ladder attachment points, etc.
  • Internal bungee cords to help ensure the mattress and bedding flip back flat when deploying
  • I added additional Velcro straps to hold the ladders in place when closed near the edge of tent. This is a big improvement to the unreachable location of the Velcro strap points originally!
  • Complete, nearly new CVT shower room / privacy room free standing tent: https://cascadiatents.com/cvt portable shower/changing room - gray.html
  • I will also give you my limited run CVT Velcro patch “My CVT is the <image of turd>” ?
Please reach out to me for discussion about how this gear can become yours! Thanks.

IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

Last edited:

gabrielef

I have this same tent, and we got ours used in Aug 2018. We LOVE it. This is a great deal for this tent (though the original price without taxes or shipping was $3200 )

I ended up upgrading to the new style spring rods, as well as the new reinforced main cross bar (with the integrated LED light). This LED option isn’t available anymore.

I love the mods on yours, and I’m almost tempted to sell mine to get yours!!

GLWS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjalward

Observer
Thx for the clarification. I wasn't aware there is a new style spring rod or a different main cross bar. Care to elaborate? Mine is original to the tent, and has the light. Are you saying they don't offer the integrated light anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles