****SOLD****Clean 2001 Toyota 4Runner 4wd SR5 with extras (Dallas, TX)

fjatheart

Adventurer
CLEAN 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD (no rear diff lock ONLY center diff lock)- 142,XXX miles ASKING $10,900 (Dallas, TX)
-Glacier Metallic (light metallic blue: great clear coat and shines like new.)**The hood has a removable black out sprayed on with Plasti-Dip. Again, this can be removed with no negative impact to the paint.**
-Gray interior (Clean! Thanks to a picky owner, covers and Weathertech mats front, middle and rear)
-Mobile One synthetic oil, diff fluid and t-case fluid used since I bought it 5 years ago. Changed every 5k miles.
-Timing belt (Gates), water pump, seals and guides changed at 65k miles as preventative maint. and replaced again at 110k miles for preventative maint.

I am the 2nd owner, I've owned it for 5 years, hate to sale, but need a commuter car with 25+ mpg. I've driven this 4runner about 300 miles a week the past 4 years, prior to that I was working from home and did not have a lengthy commute like I do now. I've been putting off selling this for a couple years, but with a family of 5 and growing expenses I can't justify keeping this. I know I'll regret it, but it's life. I am a "Toyota guy" and I've been part of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association for almost 20 years. This 4Runner has enabled me to meet great people and do some light trail riding in TN, TX, AR and NM on several occasions. I bought this 4Runner from a dealer in Raleigh, NC after the original owner traded it in with approx. 74k miles on it. I drove it back to Nashville, TN where I lived at the time, then drove it to Dallas, TX when my job moved our family to Dallas 4 years ago. June 1st makes 4 years we've been in Dallas, so the first year I owned it was in TN and working from home, so mpg was not a concern. I just completed a 1600 mile trip with my son to the Great Smoky Mountain Trail ride outside of Knoxville with NO ISSUES at all. I drove moderate trails for 2 days in the 4Runner and did not damage anything.

Preventative Maint., Extras and Add-on's:
-Old Man Emu 2.5 inch lift with heavy springs front and rear (3.5 years old)
-CBI Hybrid front bumper with PIAA driving lights. LED turn signals with resistor added for no annoying fast flash (satin black paint)
-Shrockworks rear bumper with swing out tire carrier (satin black paint) (ORO LED License Plate light)
-Stubbs rock sliders (satin black paint) (welded on)
-crossbars mounted to factory roof rack mounting points. (this vehicle did not originally come with a roof rack.)
-belts and hoses changed (Dayco)
-Transmission serviced/flushed
-replaced front wheel bearings
-rebuilt factory front axles with Toyota boot kit (no tears, just PM)
-Transfer case fluid changed to synthetic
-Front and rear diff fluid changed to synthetic (extended axles breathers while at it)
-new windshield from Safe Auto when original got a crack from rock
-replaced tail lights, back-up lights and turn signals with LED bulbs
-rear hatch LED replacement light brighter and covers more area (direct plug in)
-Blue Sea dual USB ports replaced the right side 12v port (always on mod, so phones can be charged when the vehicle is not running.) Left side 12v port is still factory.
-12k miles on 265/75R16 Kanati Mud Hogs on 3rd Gen Toyota Limited wheels (spare has not been used)
-New DENSO Radiator 3 months ago after Koyo replacement inlet cracked. Original replaced 4 years ago as preventative maint.
-New battery, less than a year old from Auto Zone (GOLD warranty)
-Power Steering pump changed about 2 years ago when the original started getting sluggish. Replaced with rebuilt pump
-Gas filler neck changed when a crack was found causing an error code
-2 months ago I installed all new dual electrode NGK spark plugs and premium wires
-2 months ago I had a new muffler and tailpipe installed since the original muffler had a leak
-6 month old Alpine CD player with AUX, USB, Bluetooth, hands-free (replaced after my 3 year old stuffed a drink coaster into the cassette deck and I could no longer use my phone adaptor to play music
-powered Bazooka tube subwoofer
-1 month ago replaced halogen headlights
-6 weeks ago I replaced the rear swaybar bushings and end links. I removed the front sway bar, but I still have it and the hardware. It was removed for better articulation.
-6 weeks agogreased drive shaft

Items not included in Sale price:
-2 month old Superwinch Tiger Shark 9,500lb with synthetic winch line, Anderson under hood disconnect. NEVER USED (I am NOT including the winch in the Sale price)
-Weather Tech floor mats front, middle and rear (I am NOT including the mats in the Sale price)

DM for contact info, questions, etc.

**I'm working on getting the photos straight.**

IMG_6070.jpgIMG_6019.jpgIMG_6013.jpgIMG_6005.jpgIMG_6002.jpgIMG_5996.jpgIMG_6095.jpgIMG_6086.jpgIMG_6088.jpgIMG_6054.jpg

Last edited:

fjatheart

Adventurer
cont. Photos

Additional photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6029.jpg
    IMG_6029.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6031.jpg
    IMG_6031.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6027.jpg
    IMG_6027.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6089.jpg
    IMG_6089.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6091.jpg
    IMG_6091.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_6087.jpg
    IMG_6087.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6047.jpg
    IMG_6047.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6046.jpg
    IMG_6046.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6073.jpg
    IMG_6073.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 124

fjatheart

Adventurer
Additional photos

Additional photos

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpg
    IMG_6085.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6057.jpg
    IMG_6057.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6059.jpg
    IMG_6059.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6071.jpg
    IMG_6071.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6045.jpg
    IMG_6045.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6050.jpg
    IMG_6050.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 109

CYi5

Explorer
Glacier! Rare rare color, good luck seeing one of these around you! BTT, clean rig.

fjatheart

Adventurer
Glacier! Rare rare color, good luck seeing one of these around you! BTT, clean rig.

Thank you for the compliment. I've really enjoyed this rig and like most folks, never planned on having to sale. The color is unique, but still feels classic. At least to me it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94