Sold: Callen Camper 4 Sale

AmaDablam

Callen Camper was (or still is?) a custom made shell out of San Diego, CA. This one was built for my truck's previous owner approximately 12 years ago. There are some nice features, including side "Wing" windows (with screened sliders), a front sliding window, windows in the doors, ventilation fan, rear and interior lighting fixtures, and wood paneling. This is an insulated shell that is bed rail mounted with supporting frame that mounts to the truck bed around the rear doors. It is "cab-over", which provides extra height inside and a 15"x34"x76" storage cubby over the cab. This was installed in a 2005 RAM 2500 4x4 6'5" bed
IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG

This shell is quite well used: Mostly US desert SW exploration / slot canyoneering, skiing and rock-climbing expeditions. No basic flaws, although the piano hinges on the barn doors could be replaced, the seal (or grout) around the ceiling fan also and there is a dime sized hole in the cab over from some mating with a tree branch who knows when, but this doesn't leak internally, and can be easily patched. Asking price is $1000, or $1250 if you choose to include the Brophy Cable Jacks.

This is local pick up only

wsswesty

Observer
I Would love to have this but, I’m in WVA. I know you said local pickup only but, would you be heading east anytime in the future. I could meet you somewhere? Just throwing this out there. Thanks

AmaDablam

I Would love to have this but, I’m in WVA. I know you said local pickup only but, would you be heading east anytime in the future. I could meet you somewhere? Just throwing this out there. Thanks
Will reach out if I get that way! Thanx for the response!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Callen Camper was (or still is?) a custom made shell out of San Diego, CA.

Was. Taken over by the son who had some problems of his own. Last I heard someone else bought the name and tried to make it an aluminum camper but couldn't make it workout and I believe the closed up shop. Too bad. Such a legendary camper and with the boom in truck campers the last few years, a few tweaks in their design and maybe a wedge or pop top, they would have sold like hotcakes.

Your camper is priced at quite the bargain. Good luck selling, I imagine it will go quick.

chet6.7

Explorer
I don't know the weight actually. You definitely need jack stands to lift if off the truck. I am guessing maybe 700 # ??
I had one on another truck, I guessed it weighed 700 lbs, as well.
If you were closer to me it would be on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online