[SOLD] AT Overland Summit Camper for 6' Mid-sized trucks - San Diego, CA

jmodz

I have an AT Overland Summit camper for sale. I took delivery in September of 2019 and have spent 10 nights in it. The only option I added was the cab sliding window to allow a pass through between the truck and camper.

Details from AT Overland's website:

STANDARD FEATURES
- Easy 30 second deployment and stowage
- Sleeps 2 standard
- Built in mattress on lift assisted platform
- Insulated sleeping platform and shell walls with carpet covering
- Bedding can remain in place when closed
- All aluminum & composite construction
- Roof can be walked on (600 lbs max)
- Locking lift gate
- Built in wiring raceways
- Ruggedly designed for 4×4 travel
- All season tent with no-see-um mesh windows, clear vinyl and privacy panels
- Standard color: Clear coated aluminum.

Cons
In my opinion the mattress is a little thin at 2.5", however I did find it surprisingly comfortable and way better than the 2.5" mattress in my Tepui RTT. I suspect they kept it at 2.5" to allow for bedding to be stored when the camper is closed, which is extremely convenient. I may be a bit spoiled here as my previous camper was a hard sided camper that I had a custom made mattress in that was over 5" thick with a memory foam topper. Also, I am 6'1" and my feet are a little bit cramped in the wedge while sleeping. I recently found out from a thread here on expo that AT can move the bed platform rearwards which gets you more foot room in the wedge.

Pros
I have not had the camper in snow, but I have had it in a lot of rain while in the PNW, and it never leaked. I have also had it in some high winds and the tent material is near silent. I also experienced very little condensation and the roof and walls were always dry in the mornings. I think the construction and the materials used are really top notch which leads to its excellent performance in the conditions I have had it in. The best feature on the Summit in my opinion is the gas strut lift assisted sleeping platform. This is what lead me to chose the Summit over some other models like the Drifter. I was not interested in having sleeping platform pieces that had to be moved around and stowed. With the one piece bed system you can leave your bedding up there while you chill in the camper.

I have a very basic wood cabinet system that I built for interior storage and an unfinished sink system with a foot pump that I will include with the camper. If you have no interest in it, I will keep it and rework it to use with whatever I decide to do with the truck bed.

Reason for sale:
I really love this camper and there is nothing camper related that is making me want to sell it. The issues are more truck related. My truck is a 4cyl Tacoma and since lifting and putting the camper on it, the engine power has really suffered, and it makes it unpleasant to drive. I have no interest in selling the truck as I actually do love it, and there was no issues with its performance when it was stock. So I am sadly selling the camper and am going to remove the lift. I will likely go back to a truck topper or a tonneau cover. I have owned an FJC lifted with 33's and a RTT, and an F-150 mildly lifted on 33's with a hard sided cab-over camper and both of those vehicles performed great with no issues. So I would have no hesitation putting this camper on a V6 Tacoma or similar vehicle.

Fitment:
So according to AT this camper will fit all generation Tacoma's and the Frontier, Colorado, and Canyon with the 6ft bed. I don't know if it will fit on a Ranger. If you are unsure of the fitment I would contact AT to double check. Here is a note they put for intallation:
Full size trucks, 1st Gen Tacomas, Colorado/Canyon,
Frontier require drilling top of bed rail for bolt
down installation. 2nd and 3rd Gen Tacoma use
factory cargo restraint track for installation.

Price:
I am selling it for $8000. I am located in San Diego, CA and would be willing to drive about 4-6hrs to meet up and assist with delivery. I paid $8900 for the shell plus $360 for the cab window, for a total of $9260 before tax and installation.
PM me with any inquires and feel free to ask any questions. I will get more photos up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpeg
    IMG_2360.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Forum statistics