**SOLD**- Alu-Cab Gen 3 + Shadow Awning

azcrackshot

I am selling my Alu-Cab Gen 3 RTT with the shadow awning. I absolutely love this tent and awning but I am moving into a Conqueror trailer and need the funds. This set up includes the load bars and feet to mount as well as the load bars on top of the tent. I have used it 3 times and it is in perfect condition. It's still mounted to my 80 series and ready for pick or delivery. I would prefer local pick up and no shipping. Send me a pm if you want to talk or have any questions. Thanks

Asking $4600 obo for the package.

Located in North Phoenix

Attachments

• IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_4352.JPG
    IMG_4352.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_4354.JPG
    IMG_4354.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,052
Last edited:

beetakingthe405

Just curious, with the shadow awning open are you allowed to open your rear hatch? Trying to see if this would work on my Sequoia.

azcrackshot

Just curious, with the shadow awning open are you allowed to open your rear hatch? Trying to see if this would work on my Sequoia.
The answer is yes about 95% of the way. The Toyota Land Cruiser protective logo on the hatch rests against the Alu-Cab frame at the top. I am 6'3 and can easily stand under the hatch with 35" tires and 4" lift. Here is the visual on it.

Attachments

• 20180419_144017.jpg
    20180419_144017.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 247
  • 20180419_144227.jpg
    20180419_144227.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 242
  • 20180419_144221.jpg
    20180419_144221.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:

azcrackshot

Interesting, well judging by the pictures, I don't think it'll work too well with my rear hatch.
View attachment 444115
Keep in mind I am running low feet on the load bars so it would depend on how you mount the awning. You could always run taller feet for the load bars and raise the awning or do a custom adjustable awning mount that lets you lower it for travel and raise it when in use. The other option is to drop the center arm (used in high winds) and that would raise the awning frame a bit and give you more clearance.

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
Sweet. Thanks Azcrackshot! Great deal on a lightly used AluCab Gen 3 and awning plus cross bars! It’s gonna be perfect on the G500!

Enjoy that Conquerer trailer. Those things are super nice.

McBride

Adventurer
Thanks Amigo. When I saw you break camp each day in Sonora and close your AluCab tent before I could get my sleeping bag in its stuff sack I knew I needed one... appreciate the heads up on Azcrackshot's post.

McBride

Adventurer
Got the tent! First class transaction from AZCrackshot. He went the extra mile and beyond... breakfast burritos and much more. This is my first buy off of the ExPo forum and it was a very nice experience. Good folks here.

azcrackshot

Great dealing with you McBride. You sir drove the extra mile so the burritos were the least I could do. I already miss the Alu-Cab set up but I know it's in good hands and will be used at intended. Look forward to hearing about your next Journey. The guys and I enjoyed the local brew you gave us. Thanks for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles