SOLD All Terrain Camping Trailer w/Maggiolina RTT: $2,900

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
SOLD, trailer and RTT found great new homes!! Thank you very much!!

I need to make space in my garage for a new project and therefore have to sell my trailer.

The concept
The idea behind my trailer was to have a tough, sturdy, maneuverable little trailer that allows for good comfortable around-the-trailer living, does not causes a big hit on mpg and top speed, that is easily serviceable and that is made with off-the-shelf components so that if something should break, it can be easily repaired with stuff from and Lowes, Home Depot or TSC.

The trailer
My trailer is based on a utility trailer, which had been custom-made for me in 2010 at Outback Trailers in Steele, Alabama. It is 4x6 trailer, the frame and axles are for a 3,500 lbs trailer, the springs are rated at 2,000 lbs springs. I wanted the sturdiness of a heavy duty trailer but the softer rider as I never used the full hauling capacity, just needed a rugged trailer. Officially, the trailer is rated at 2,950 lbs. Rims are 15”, tires I think 205/15. The trailer walls and tailgate are expanded metal covered with vinyl sheathing. The side doors are epoxy impregnated plywood with vinyl sheathing. The doors and shelf I made myself so all is very functional, not necessarily perfect. The trailer is not 100% watertight, but always kept my gear dry.

The Maggiolina roof top tent
The Maggiolina Adventure Small RTT is completely watertight!!! It is about 12 years old and in good condition with 3 little blemishes, one small tear in the rear mosquito net, one small tear in the headliner and one zipper is missing the pull thingy. Mechanism, mattress, tent walls all in very good conditions. The trailer and RTT have always been garage-kept (except when out for camping :elkgrin:).

Off-road
The trailer is light (about 500 lbs with the RTT), very maneuverable and is doing very well on fire roads and light off road. If you replace the 2” ball hitch with a multi axis, it will also handle more difficult terrain without a problem due to short overhangs and good ground clearance. The RTT carrier is on rubber bushings to help absorb vibrations.

Where and how much
The trailer is located in NW Georgia, asking price is $2,900, OBO for trailer and Maggiolina. Feel free to make an offer, worst case I say “nope”. I can sell the trailer without the Maggiolina Adventure RTT but I will not sell the Maggiolina without the trailer. If you are not in a hurry, I can deliver along I-65 and I-75 in TN, KY, OH, IN and MI.

Thanksgivings2010-01.jpg
SAM_0091.jpg
SAM_0094.jpg
100_0702.jpg

Last edited:

zolo

Explorer
Let me know when you want to cave in and sell me the tent!!!

If the trailer sale doesn't work out that is

Last edited:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Let me know when you want to cave in and sell me the tent!!!

If the trailer sale doesn't work out that is
All depends on how much you are willing to pay for the tent. Offer me the right price for the RTT and you might get a free trailer :elkgrin:

J/K I'm keeping you in mind; that's why I posted that I would sell the trailer alone without the RTT; I know I would have a good home for my beloved Maggiolina. See you on Saturday (I can deliver the trailer to the movie viewing if somebody wants to buy it)

zolo

Explorer
All depends on how much you are willing to pay for the tent. Offer me the right price for the RTT and you might get a free trailer :elkgrin:

J/K I'm keeping you in mind; that's why I posted that I would sell the trailer alone without the RTT; I know I would have a good home for my beloved Maggiolina. See you on Saturday (I can deliver the trailer to the movie viewing if somebody wants to buy it)

I will spread the word down in the ATL area with my friends here. Are you at all flexable on the price? Text me your thoughts.

E.J.

Explorer
That would be pretty awesome behind my Foz, hurmmm....

edit: the boss says NO!, something about the holidays blah blah blah. GLWS

Last edited:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
That would be pretty awesome behind my Foz, hurmmm....

edit: the boss says NO!, something about the holidays blah blah blah. GLWS

It would be extremely awesome ;) I have an idea; I put the trailer on sale and you tell the boss how much you saved (not how much you spent). I think that's the way female logics work :elkgrin: Or I have to talk to your boss convincing her that the trailer wold make a pretty good stocking stuffer for you.

As I said, I'm open to offers ...

Last edited:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Not that way I had it planned but sometimes you have to be flexible.

The trailer with RTT is no longer for sale but ...

... I have this great, heavy duty utility trailer for sale ;)

Trailer-01.jpg
Trailer-03.jpg

Right now it still has the side doors but within a little bit, it will be converted into a standard utility trailer again.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
So what is the adjusted price for just the trailer?
Good question :eek: price sure would help, not sure what I was thinking :rolleyes: About $1,200 ish, but again, I'm open to suggestions. To Indiana - if you are not in a hurry - I might even be able to deliver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles