SOLD Adventure Driven's "Aspen" 2007 Ford Expedition Bullet Proofed engine

Racingdad

Adventurer
Damn Seth! Nice build! Very tempting but its tax time and money is going out. I wish I could figure out a timely option. I really like the use of the Ford Expedition. Our Expedition was great and actually towed better than my Dodge 2500 Cummins.

GLWS!

Last edited:

sethro80

Adventurer
Damn Seth! Nice build! Very tempting but its tax time and money is going out. I wish I could figure out a timely option. I really like the use of the Ford Expedition. Our Expedition was great and actually towed better than my Dodge 2500 Cummins.

GLWS!

Thank you so much, maybe taxes won't hit you too hard and you will have some play $$ :)

Seth

Racingdad

Adventurer
Seth,

SInce you are watching your ad I have a question or two.

Did you consider a drawer system for the rear cargo area like you had in Lexy? If so what were your thoughts on this?

The rear cargo area measures 44.4" deep and 49.2" between the wheel wheels. The Dometic CF is 38"L x 28"W so it should fit within a slide system if one was built to those dimensions. I know the storage compartment for the jack is under the rear deck cover. That can be moved easily and stored in a drawer. You don't need access otherwise to lower the spare anymore. I assume the water tank is accessed from below if removal or repair is needed.

I'm just trying to see how things would work with the second row of seats installed and like the idea of drawer storage systems. You have much more experience with such then I ever will have.

We have grandkids, nieces and nephews and occasionally even friends we take for trips so it's nice to have the second row of seats.

Thanks,
Tad

PS: The hit is almost the price of the Aspen.

sethro80

Adventurer
Seth,

SInce you are watching your ad I have a question or two.

Did you consider a drawer system for the rear cargo area like you had in Lexy? If so what were your thoughts on this?

The rear cargo area measures 44.4" deep and 49.2" between the wheel wheels. The Dometic CF is 38"L x 28"W so it should fit within a slide system if one was built to those dimensions. I know the storage compartment for the jack is under the rear deck cover. That can be moved easily and stored in a drawer. You don't need access otherwise to lower the spare anymore. I assume the water tank is accessed from below if removal or repair is needed.

I'm just trying to see how things would work with the second row of seats installed and like the idea of drawer storage systems. You have much more experience with such then I ever will have.

We have grandkids, nieces and nephews and occasionally even friends we take for trips so it's nice to have the second row of seats.

Thanks,
Tad

PS: The hit is almost the price of the Aspen.

Yikes, that's a big hit :(

I don't see why you could not add drawers and the fridge behind the second row seats, it would work out good as it is roomy and large. It is no problem to cover the jack compartment as the water tank could easily be dropped down from the bottom if it needed to be serviced, it all bolts in, CBI did an incredible job on the tank mount and skid.

Would not take to much to get it all lined out to fit your needs

Seth

zip

I prefer social distancing.
good looking vehicle and ad.
can you please share where the two photos were taken where you appear to be on a hill/cliff/mountain looking out over an ocean?
thanks
glws

sethro80

Adventurer
A shot from one of our trips, just outside of Bozeman MT

Aspen%20Boseman%20camp_zpskroyxv8a.jpg

zip

I prefer social distancing.
can you please share where the two photos were taken where you appear to be on a hill/cliff/mountain looking out over an ocean?
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles