SOLD! $9,000 - 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ one of a kind overland rock crawler rig

jwalkerjr

I am the 2nd owner of this 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 4 door. I purchased it from a friend in 1998. I have had so many amazing adventures in her over the years and its hard to let her go but I need a truck and do not have room for both.

This XJ is setup for not only complete off grid overlanding in comfort with on-board hot and cold water on demand, Water filtration system to refill from remote lakes and streams, 2200 watts of pure sine wave 120AC power (with solar and dual deep cycle batteries), complete kitchen with oven but is also a extremely cable rock crawler to get you into the most remoter areas on the planet. It has 33” tires ( I wanted to keep as low a center of gravity as possible for real off camber trails so did not want to lift more to fit 35’s), ARB lockers front and rear, 4 to 1 crawler transfer case, winches on both front and back bumper, armor all the way around and underneath, Chromoly axles, 29 spline.

I put a new 4.0L motor in her 10,000 miles ago and just put in a new Mishimoto high pressure High capacity radiator and new gaskets on all the doors and hatchback. She runs like a new vehicle with air conditioning that will freeze you out.

I am asking $17,500 for her and I know who ever gets her will have as many amazing adventures in her as I have. have put over $30,000 into this rig. See photos below. Call, text, or email me with any questions or to schedule to see and test drive. jwaddjr@gmail.com 951-544-5525 , John here

Here is a rundown of what she has:
New 4.0L inline 6 motor with Approx. 10,000 miles
Electric door locks
Electric windows
Air Conditioning
Automatic transmission
Complete custom camp kitchen with 500lb locking slides on three drawers and slot for storying full size table
Camp Chef Pro Oven
Engel 43quart refrigerator
Hot and cold custom water system with 15ft hose real
33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires
4.5" Rancho lift with added shackle and leaf in back to level out heavy loads
Front and back ARB lockers
Terra Low 4-1 Transfer case
4.56 gearing
Slip Yoke eliminator
Control Arm Skid Plates
Currie track bar
Currie upper control arms
29 spline chrome molley Axles
Brand new Mishimoto Radiator high pressure High capacity radiator (Best Cherokee radiator on the market)
Super Nerf bars
Chromoly TJ Tie Rods
Currie upper and lower control arms
Control Arm Skids
Fuel tank armor plating
Air Actuated Swayloc Swaybar
TJ Fender Flares
Con-Ferr Roof Rack
Napier Hood Vents
165amp alternator
Dual Extreme Odessey Batteries (one PC1200 and one PC1700)
Wrangler Dual battery relay Kit
80watt solar panel on roof
External port for added solar panel
RENOGY® 20 Amp PWM Dual Battery Charge Controller
SainSonic MT-1 LCD Display Remote Meter For Duo Battery Solar Charge Controller
Nilight LED lights front, back and side lighting for complete daylight 360deg at night
Diamond plated aluminum storage box on roof
2200 watt pure sine inverter with Solar controller
External 120VAC receptacle
Blue Sea electrical fuse block
LED lights flushed in hatch for lighting up kitchen area and camp
Warn M8000 winch in front
Superwinch 4500 in rear
two Nashfuel New Universal Vertical Tank Mount
two 5lb propane bottles
Magnum 357 Ham/CB Radio
2 meter / 70cm Yaesu Ham radio
Pull Pal WINCH GROUND Anchor
Makita 18V dual battery charger
RAM Mounts for 10” tablet, Inreach Garmin GPS and Cell phone
Double DIN Pioneer radio with rear camera

jwalkerjr

Here are a few more pics. I also still have the original back seats should someone want to put them back in.

nomad661

I've never been a Jeep guy but have always loved that body style. Looks like an epic build and rig. Good luck with selling!

msumms

most outfitted xj I've ever seen!! nicely done. astonishing really. want to help me with my 96 bone stock :D did throw a mishimoto in mine as well, great unit.

jwalkerjr

Three price options:
1. with everything except the Yeasu radio $13,500
2. With everything except the Yeasu radio, Engel Refridgerator, Camp Chef Oven & Inverter $12,000
3. With everything except the Yeasu radio, Engel Refridgerator, Camp Chef Oven & Inverter, built in storage kitchen. $10,000

Note: I have rear seats for it as well that are included.

jwalkerjr

Price dropped. Three options:
Three price options:
1. with everything except the Yeasu radio $12,500
2. With everything except the Yeasu radio, Engel Refridgerator, Camp Chef Oven & Inverter $11,000
3. With everything except the Yeasu radio, Engel Refridgerator, Camp Chef Oven & Inverter, built in storage kitchen. $9,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94