SOLD - 4x4 E350 7.3 w/CCV Pop-Top - Fully Built Out!

bj3nk5

My friends call it the apocalypse van. The bug out van. The WSHTF van. I built my ‘dream van’, but sadly it’s time to part with it. My family is growing, and we want something different.

It took me about 2 years to complete this project. No expense was spared. Research to find quality was intensive. And the labor was done thoughtfully and carefully. Having owned a sportsmobile before (which I loved too), I wanted to build something that was a step up.

I wanted the van to run on just diesel and electric fuel sources. No propane tanks to fill, no gas generators to fill up, etc. So everything is self-contained. I wanted a pop top, with more storage and electric powered lift. I wanted better insulation. I wanted a 4x4 system, with a tighter turning radius and more suspension travel. I wanted no wasted space. I wanted the reputable bulletproof 7.3 diesel motor, with the better mileage and torque. I wanted a smarter electrical system with ample power and solar. My wife wanted a toilet, an amazing heater, hot water, and air conditioning. The list went on. So my Sportsmobile van was sold, and the build for this one began.

It has everything you need, and more. The adage “too much to list” would have been a lot easier, but after investing countless weekends and nights in my garage, I couldn’t quit on it here. See list below.

Whoever buys this van, will find that this is a very capable, super user friendly and serviceable rig that won’t disappoint. I’ve got a giant 3 ring binder, with receipts, user manuals, and notes on how things were made, where fuses are, etc. This van has been babied in the maintenance department. No rust. No tuner - ever. Just a clean van, that’s turn-key ready to go. SUPER clean Carfax – just pages and pages of maintenance records. All maintenance has been done. Recently passed CA Smog, if you're a CA buyer. As anyone will tell you, these 7.3 motors last forever. Transmission, transfer case, axels, suspension, etc. all have around 15k miles on them.

Inside the van, I’ve got everything you need for an adventure. This time, I’ll stick with “too much to list”, but it includes spare parts and fluids, all the hoses and plugs you’ll need. I’ll throw in tools, high lift jack, bottle jack, the specialized induction cook wear, and everything you need to go on a trip – including outside stove, lanterns, chairs, collapsible tables, etc. Everything but your clothes will be in the van.

DRIVETRAIN
  • 98' Extended Body, E-350 or E350 Econoline Van
  • Original 7.3L turbodiesel motor
  • 4R100 Transmission (15k miles on rebuild)
  • Custom 4 Link 4x4 conversion (under
  • Approx. 6”lift in front, 5” lift in rear
  • Custom valved fox shocks (Agile RIP)
  • Custom rear “add-a leaf” package with re-arched platform spring kit(Agile)
  • Borg Warner 1356 transfer case (15k miles)
  • AOR Electric 4x4 Shift on the Fly Kit for Transfer Case
  • Dana Super 60 front axle with manual locking hubs (2007 F350) (about 15k miles)
  • Sterling 10.5” rear Axle with upgraded disc brakes (2007 F350) (about 15k miles)
  • New Driveshafts ( about15k miles)
  • 4.10 Gears
  • ARB Air locker in Rear with Independent Air compressor
  • Mag-Hytech Diff Cover
  • Mag-Hytech Deeper Transmission Pan
  • 47 Gallon fuel tank
  • Upgraded 4” downpipe from turbo (Hypermax)
  • 4” exhaust with cat removal sleeve (Hypermax)
  • EGT, Boost, and Trans Temp manual gauges on the pillar
  • Scan Gauge installed
EXTERIOR
  • Colorado Camper Vans mid-height, electric top with remote
  • BFG 265/70/17 Tires on Method Racing Rims (Full size spare)
  • Custom Extended slider for sliding door
  • Bushwhacker fender flares
  • Upgraded tail lights
  • Upgraded headlights
  • Upgraded turn signals
  • Aluminess brand front bumper
  • Aluminess brand rear bumper, with tire carrier, and extra storage box
  • Aluminess “Nerf Bars”
  • Hella Halogen fog lights
  • Hella Halogen reverse lights
  • Rear hitch
  • LED under glow, setup on door triggers (kicks on anytime you open the door)
  • Three CRL sliding windows, with screens
  • Custom Aluminum Roof Rack
  • Custom fabricated storage box aluminum for lithium ion batteries
  • Five 100w solar panels (500w total)
  • Ujoint offroad Rear Skid System
  • Seperate onboard Air Compressor for large, high pressure tires (Viair)
  • Keyless entry
  • Hidden Keypad coded lock/unlock system
  • Backup camera
  • Rigid 50” front light bar
INTERIOR
  • Entire floor and doors and most of walls covered in Dynamat (1st layer)
  • Entire walls insulated with Thinsulate (well insulated); (2nd layer)
  • Inlad Duratherm Liner; (3rd layer)
  • FRP fiberglass style wall panels with marine vinyl trim for easy cleaning and durability (top layer)
  • Three CRL sliding windows, with screens
  • 4 panel, remove-able upper bed, with zippered washable covers on mattress
  • 6 Warm color LED ceiling lights
  • 10 accessory 12v cigarette lighter plugs plus the 2 in the dashboard!
  • 4 USB charging plugs
  • 3 separate 120v outlets on independent 15amp circuits
  • 4 warm color flexible LED Task/Reading lights
  • Backup camera
  • Custom 6.1 surround sound system with Infinity Kappa 6x9 speakers, Alpine PDX-V9 1000w RMS Amp, and Infinity Kappa 800W sub inside a custom box
  • Custom painted dash
  • Single sheet subfloor runs the whole length of the van
  • Single sheet of plywood creates bottoms on cabinets to allow for easy cleaning, inside cabinet and in van floor
  • Both Front seats swivel
  • Removeable floor mount table, between the benches.
  • Custom upholstered bench seats and bucket seats with Gortex fabric (waterproof and breathable)
  • Bench Seats custom are out of premium mattress quality Latex foam (better than my bed at home)
  • Bench seats ‘slide' to create a nearly queen size bed
  • 5 'seat belts' in bench
  • magnetic spice rack, mounted by the stove
  • Custom window Curtains
  • Lots of storage in bench seats, with custom liner
  • Custom Cabinetry out of high quality marine grade birch, with sink, electric stove, three drawers, 3 cabinets, and large open bench seats for tons of storage
  • Modern wood grain laminate on all cabinets with expensive countertop grade laminate
  • Flush mount 'button style' hardware
ELECTRONICS
  • All “home run” wiring with over gauge high quality wire, all cleanly hidden in the body
  • Every circuit is on it’s own switch
  • Blue Sea 8084 Switch Panel (AC/DC) with extra spaces
  • extra wire hidden and run to switch panel in all corners for extra electronics in the future
  • Five 100w solar panels
  • 300ah 12v lithium ion batteries (that’s useable ah, so roughly equivalent of 5-7 regular car batteries)
  • 200amp Battery isolator (so lithium batteries can be charged from shore power, solar, or alternator)
  • Magnum 2000w pure sign inverter/Charger
  • Magnum inverter controller (MS-2000) with ME-RC50 Remote
  • Cell phone signal booster on board.
  • Blue sky solar booster
  • TrueInduction 2 burner stove (120v)
  • LCD screen for individual cell monitoring and solar production
  • Air Compressor for large, high pressure tires (Viair)
  • SwitchPro switch for compressors, lights, etc. with extra spaces
  • Dometic CR1110u 3.8CF DC Fridge
  • LED side lights/Porch lights, controlled on 2 separate switches
  • storage space and 120v plug for portable swamp cooler
  • Portable Projection TV, with indoor Screen that Bluetooth’s to the stereo
  • Hidden "Kill switch", that allows van starter to turn over, but it won't start. Hopefully tricking a would-be thief.
PLUMBING
  • D5 Espar Hydronic Heater, with multimax F-23000 Controller
  • Custom hard lines for coolant from/to engine
  • Hydronic heat exchanger cabin heater
  • 3.5gpm Aqua Jet pump
  • 3 Gallon Hot water heat exchanger
  • 22 Gallon fresh water tank
  • Water tank heater pad (to prevent freezing)
  • Cassette toilet
  • Heated Outdoor shower, with privacy screen
  • Sink with 6’ extendable faucet for indoor bucket shower (for kids, in a pinch)
Van is located in San Diego, CA and is ready for all the adventure you want to throw at it.

Additional pics available here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R9Pe24Xiv40U-s3X7ddB3oLqKpYTr_i9

Aluminess instagram feature:

I’m happy to pickup/drop off at the airport for anyone that wants to take a look. I’m also happy to deliver the van to a local mechanic or the dealer here for an inspection.

I believe in the motor drivetrain. We can work out a guaranty/warranty on that if that’s a concern. It's rock solid, and will be for many trips to come.

I’m not looking for any trades. Asking $97,500.

Attachments

• IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,074
  • IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,112
  • IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 2,059
  • sink.JPG
    sink.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,995
  • stove.JPG
    stove.JPG
    561.4 KB · Views: 1,915
Last edited:

RockyRacoon

Nice looking rig. Bet you learned a lot during the build! I may have missed it, but what are the AC details / capacity? Also where is the cassette toilet stored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bj3nk5

Hi - cassette toilet is in the storage cabinet next to the sink. The counter top above it has a 'piano' hinge, allowing the cassette toilet to remain conveniently in place when being used. :)

For the AC, i always figured if it was hot enough to need AC, you don't need the indoor toilet. And when its too cold to need AC, having a toilet's nice to have.

So the AC would be a portable style unit and it would go in the same storage cabinet as the toilet. There's a ton of models out there that fit in that spot. The battery system would support an 8000btu unit for almost 3 hours if they were full. Which is way more than you need to take the edge off when you're just going to sleep.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior