SOLD: 2019 EarthCruiser FX

High Water

Baja Bliss
Our truck is now in the White Sands area of southern NM. Our estimated time here is 10 days, or so. Send me a message if you wish to see the truck here. After our time here we will working our way to AZ where several of the inquiries have come from.

Howard70

Adventurer
Expo Colleagues:

I know this truck well. It is in fantastic shape and the solution for dealing with various categories of diesel while travelling outside of the US is fantastic. These folks have taken great care of the truck and their modifications are carefully researched and well implemented. My wife and I had the pleasure of hosting the owners and the truck for several days in the fall of 2019. We also currently own our 2nd EarthCruiser EXP so we are familiar with the platform. If you're interested in one of the newest diesel EarthCruisers available this one would be hard to beat.

It's worth noting that diesel EarthCruisers are no longer in production due to changes in the availability of cab/chassis using that fuel. Without starting a discussion of the relative merits of modern diesel trucks versus gasoline models just note that if you want a diesel they will be increasingly hard to find.

Howard Snell

High Water

Baja Bliss
Spring is in the air and our truck is moving to Northern Arizona. Thanks to all people that have sent messages of their interest, some which we have had the opportunity to meet and show the truck to. The truck is still available for sale. There are times when we are out of internet coverage therefore causing delays in my replies.

Neil61

I'm sure this is an amazing rig, and one I am interested in, but I worry about Fuso's withdrawal from North America with only 7 years future service/parts etc. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

High Water

Baja Bliss
Hi Neil61, There are tens of thousands of Fusos in North America, maybe hundreds of thousands. I see them every day as delivery trucks. I believe there will always be a supply chain of parts and service well past the predicted 7 year mark. The 3.0l Fiat motor is used in many different chassis globally. The axles and other drive line parts are not specialize using common parts. Daimler Corp. is not going away and neither is Mitsubishi trucks brand; they just make decisions based on millions units sold in a given market. Sure, maybe 10 years from now you will have to get a part shipped from Germany or some other country but so what. It is not a concern of mine or many other Fuso owners. I have owned a number of old cars a trucks that are well past manufacturer support and there has always be a way to get parts and service. There will be a cult following on these trucks forever and therefore support network. That is my experience and opinion but you have to make your own decisions.

Neil61

Thanks. I’ll think more about it. I don’t see many on the road. Maybe that’s because I’m in Canada. I’m sure you’re right that you could get parts flown in from o/s in the future, and you’re definitely right about the cult factor!

Awesome rig - I much prefer it over the EXP.

Neil61

I’d add that total North America sales of Fuso trucks in 2019 was less than 1400. So perhaps not so surprising that I don’t see any on the road.

Still interested.

Look forward to your thoughts.

gregmchugh

Observer
Hi Neil61, There are tens of thousands of Fusos in North America, maybe hundreds of thousands. I see them every day as delivery trucks. I believe there will always be a supply chain of parts and service well past the predicted 7 year mark. The 3.0l Fiat motor is used in many different chassis globally. The axles and other drive line parts are not specialize using common parts. Daimler Corp. is not going away and neither is Mitsubishi trucks brand; they just make decisions based on millions units sold in a given market. Sure, maybe 10 years from now you will have to get a part shipped from Germany or some other country but so what. It is not a concern of mine or many other Fuso owners. I have owned a number of old cars a trucks that are well past manufacturer support and there has always be a way to get parts and service. There will be a cult following on these trucks forever and therefore support network. That is my experience and opinion but you have to make your own decisions.

Looks like 100,000 is a good number

Neil61

They seem to have sold 10,000/year in their heyday, with a huge decline in later years to a mere 1400 sold in 2019. The 4x4 diesel being some fraction of that.

Howard70

Adventurer
My wife and I own a 2018 EarthCruiser EXP on a 2017 Fuso FG (diesel chassis). While we certainly don't know for sure, we're confident that we'll be able to get parts after Fuso USA completely pulls out of the USA. If parts aren't available through US vendors then we'll order from vendors in other countries where Fuso is still active. I think it may actually be easier to get parts from outside the USA once Fuso USA completely closes down as foreign vendors might face fewer restrictions from Fuso global about shipping to the USA.

Curious individuals could contact some of the well-regarded current Fuso service centers and ask them what they plan on doing about parts for trucks they've been servicing for years.

Howard

gregmchugh

Observer
They seem to have sold 10,000/year in their heyday, with a huge decline in later years to a mere 1400 sold in 2019. The 4x4 diesel being some fraction of that.

No one seems to be able to compete very well with Isuzu, 500,000 sold over here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles