SOLD: 2019 EarthCruiser FX

Kernman

FWIW, we financed our FX through Navy Fed. It's classified as a personal loan with the vehicle as collateral. You need an appraisal of the vehicle to qualify.

Phil Hewitt

Hi - I have a question about your intended trip through South America and experience in Mexico. I understand as a new vehicle sold in the USA the Fuso needs ultra low sulphur diesel and this is unavailable in most central and south american countries. This fact is impacting my plans to travel outside the USA. I would be extremely interested to know if there are ways to get around this issue - or if the correct fuel can be obtained. I know it's not directly related to the sale of this vehicle (which I would love to own), but it does affect the usability of diesel expedition vehicles for global travel in general.

Howard70

Adventurer
... I understand as a new vehicle sold in the USA the Fuso needs ultra low sulphur diesel and this is unavailable in most central and south american countries..

Ultra low diesel is needed, unless to rip the smog emissions off and remap the computer.

You guys need to check with High Water. He's got you covered!

POST PURCHASE CUSTOMIZATION
Upgrades for use of globally sourced LSD and HSD diesel fuel and proven to run great

Howard

Phil Hewitt

Thanks for pointing that out Howard. I hadn't noticed that comment. But I would be really interested in more information about the upgrades. I did some internet searching but didn't find anything. I would be very interested in upgrading my Sprinter if that is possible.

Korey H

Thanks for pointing that out Howard. I hadn't noticed that comment. But I would be really interested in more information about the upgrades. I did some internet searching but didn't find anything. I would be very interested in upgrading my Sprinter if that is possible.

It is possible with your sprinter Phil. We have a 17 4x and were considering the same process for the same reasons. It’s called a delete. I believe around $4-5k but know it’s federally illegal regardless of need / purpose so folks will be cautious / tight lipped rightfully so.

I needed more space for extended journeys anyhow and am now building on a pre emissions c5500 4x and will be selling the Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danields61

Hi, Can i ask why you are selling ? Also can you give some more information ? seems the EC website only mentioned the Vortex 6.0L gas engine...
Does it come with a stick shift ? Can i call or PM ? very intrested...

Last edited:

Phil Hewitt

It is possible with your sprinter Phil. We have a 17 4x and were considering the same process for the same reasons. It’s called a delete. I believe around $4-5k but know it’s federally illegal regardless of need / purpose so folks will be cautious / tight lipped rightfully so.
Very interesting Korey. Thanks for the tip. That has opened up a whole new raft of articles and information. At least I now have a better understanding of the situation.

High Water

Baja Bliss

I needed more space for extended journeys anyhow and am now building on a pre emissions c5500 4x and will be selling the Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kory and Phil,
As Howard pointed out from my ad, this truck can and has burned LSD (<500ppm suffer) in MX with no problems. It will also burn up to < 5,000ppm, in for example Bolivia, but we didn't make it that far to prove it. I am not going to go into the details on a public forum but I will say that the truck is in full EPA compliance when we are in the USA. When outside of the USA we are using software to manage the SCR, DEF and DPF systems to cope with the so called dirty fuel. We have NOT deleted any emissions components! The same system is available for you post 2007 emission MB Sprinter. Send me a PM if you would like more information. My disclaimer, it is illegal for anyone to use these software management systems inside the USA.

Additionally, earlier this year the MX government extended the previous requirement for PEMEX to produce only USLD for another 5 years. Therefore, when you are on mainland MX and Central America you are going to need an engine capable of burning LSD of <500ppm and further south even higher sulfur content. This will become especially important at the extremely high elevations of Peru and Bolivia.
Best,
High Water

Last edited:

High Water

Baja Bliss
Hi, Can i ask why you are selling ? Also can you give some more information ? seems the EC website only mentioned the Vortex 6.0L gas engine...
Does it come with a stick shift ? Can i call or PM ? very intrested...

Hi danields61,
Our reason for selling was stated in the beginning of the ad but perhaps it wasn't clear. Quite simply our ability continue our trip south and experience "travel freedom" is too restrictive for now and at least for another year at best. So it just doesn't make sense for the EarthCruiser to sit idle when someone else could be enjoying it.

As for your questions about the engine and transmission, I'll answer it here to the benefit of others who may have the same question. Our Fuso model is equipped with a 3.0 liter Fiat turbo diesel engine with a Duonic transmission. The transmission is like a standard transmission with an automatic clutch and with the drivers option to operate it in automatic mode or manual shifting mode. There are many vehicles with this type of technology and some manufacturers use branding terms like Tiptronic or Dual Synchronized Gangbox (DSG). Many commercial truck manufactures have switch to this technology as well. I am happy to share more details.

I just sent you a PM regarding setting up a call.
Best,
High Water

Last edited:

bajarat

Explorer
I know the rig and the owner. Both are top shelf.

If you are in the market it is worth checking out......Also, no wait for a factory ordered EC.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hi danields61,
Our reason for selling was stated in the beginning of the ad but perhaps it wasn't clear. Quite simply our ability continue our trip south and experience "travel freedom" is too restrictive for now and at least for another year at best. So it just doesn't make sense for the EarthCruiser to sit idle when someone else could be enjoying it.

As for your questions about the engine and transmission, I'll answer it here to the benefit of others who may have the same question. Our Fuso model is equipped with a 3.0 liter Fiat turbo diesel engine with a Duonic transmission. The transmission is like a standard transmission with an automatic clutch and with the drivers option to operate it in automatic mode or manual shifting mode. There are many vehicles with this type of technology and some manufacturers use branding terms like Tiptronic or Dual Synchronized Gangbox (DSG). Many commercial truck manufactures have switch to this technology as well. I am happy to share more details.

I just sent you a PM regarding setting up a call.
Best,
High Water

That would be called a Tiptronic in Audi/VW terms, meaning shiftable automatic, but not lightning quick.
Definitely not to be confused with a DSG(Audi/VW) or PDK(Porsche), which is a fancy dual clutch gearbox, where the next (up or down) gear is waiting for driver input and VERY VERY quick shifts.
Just in case someone has driven both a Tiptronic and also DSG/PDK, and knows the distinguishable difference. A Fuso FG with a DSG-like gearbox would be sweet for Rally Raid'ing! :)

danields61

Talked to the owners, very nice people... very helpful and showed us the truck complete. Truck is like new and the owner did a lot to keep the truck in great shape, almost like new. Sorry that it is at the other side of the country, with the whole COVID very hard to get there and take a look at it. But if you live close to them, and you are interested...

TELOS

Roaming the Pacific Coast
Sorry to hear your travel plans had to be cut short! I started following your social media updates too late for the action it seems. BUMP for an incredible vehicle. We parked up next to a very similar model in Death Valley a couple weeks ago and were very impressed with how much capability is packaged into such a small footprint (we were just driving an Earthroamer the day before). Best of luck with your sale and next adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles