SOLD* 2018 Ram 4500 4x4 Total Composites Albuquerque, NM

wayfaringman13

*SOLD*

2018 Ram 4500 4x4 Delmonico Red cab and chassis; 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel; Aisin 6-sp auto; 108"CA; 192.5" wheelbase; 4.10 gear ratio; 16.5K GVWR; 6,610 miles.
AT Overland 14' aluminum flatbed
17' Total Composites camper body (second owner, originally purchased and assembled in 2017)
Kelderman rear air 4-link suspension (stock height and GVWR)
Registered in Alaska as a commercial truck (4500) but none of these components have been to Alaska.
Asking $65,000 or best negotiable offer.

Truck and camper details:
Bought the camper from a guy who had it mounted on a Fuso FG; bought the truck new from Steve White Ram in North Carolina (March 2019), drove to Chicago to pick up the camper, then trailered it down to Prescott, AZ for the flatbed build and camper installation. While waiting for flatbed material, had the Kelderman rear air suspension installed by TNT Motorsports in Las Vegas, NV. AT Overland built the flatbed, then mounted the camper to the flatbed for me. Flatbed is right at 14' long, which is the base of the camper; total camper length is right at 17'. Overall truck length, from front bumper to rear camper is 27.5' long (measured by plumb bombs so +/- a couple of inches). Total exterior height of tallest point on camper with airbags fully inflated is 11'11"; total flatbed width with rub rails is just over 8'. Please see pics for interior measurements and current setup. AT Overland also performed the cab and chassis "incomplete VIN" calculations and slapped a new weight sticker in the door jam (see pics). Truck is nowhere near the GVWR, but I needed the 108"CA for the camper.

I was living in Alaska during the initial phase of this project, moved to Las Vegas, NV, then ultimately took a DoD job here in Albuquerque, NM. I'm working full time again, enjoying the area, and personal life changes has me putting this up for sale. It has been sitting long enough already, time for someone to finish the camper interior and make it a nice home on wheels. It's hard to price an unfinished rig but this is my starting point and I am ok with negotiations. At this price, you get a new-ish Ram 4500, rear air 4-link, and an aluminum flatbed. Camper box, all associated labor costs and stress on my part, are free (that's my loss/discount; your gain).

For interior camper stuff, I have done absolutely NOTHING to it, except toss in a brand new Ikea mattress (full size). Previous owner built the loft bed frame with European slats, storage cabinets, and front kitchenette/shower frames. He built an east/west facing bed, and east/west facing "dinette" area, which could be used as an extra twin size bed with possible table addition lowered. Shower was going to be front left (driver side), with a wall that would lower down to be additional counter top space. This thing has a ton of storage and several different options for power, diesel heater, water, cooking, etc....all to be completed by new owner. (Does not have the ambulance upfit package, but does have the aux switch panel.)

I have the truck in an overhang/covered storage lot in Albuquerque, about 10 minutes northwest of our airport here. I wanted to keep it dry as I just finished replacing the old silicone/caulk with Koemmerling waterproof, flexible adhesive. This rig was morphing into a possible cold-weather camper, and it was going to be used to travel back to Alaska, then explore Canada. I drive the truck about twice a month to keep the battery charged, exhaust regen/DEF crap cycled, and to get crazy looks from passer-bys. :) At 60mph, at high altitude, I was getting about 11-12 mpg. I think at 70mph, I was getting around 9-10 mpg. In case you are curious, the truck without the camper was getting around 14 mpg at 65 mph....all of which was dependent on the RPM's as most of you know about diesels.

Any questions, please PM or call/text (907.313.9167). I am retired Air Force (2017), current DoD government worker, and hope this goes to someone who can finish the build and enjoy it. For Alaska and Canada peeps, I can help with delivery (unless you live in Yellowknife, Inuvik, or anywhere else super far north...no judgement, I just don't have that much leave saved up...LOL). Otherwise, this thing can be driven away by the purchaser.

Attachments

• Red Rock.jpg
    Red Rock.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,751
  • wide open spaces.jpg
    wide open spaces.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,750
  • IMG_20200509_184057~3.jpg
    IMG_20200509_184057~3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,895
  • Leaving Las Vegas.jpg
    Leaving Las Vegas.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,616
  • neighbors.jpg
    neighbors.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,609
  • references.jpg
    references.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,420
  • guages.jpg
    guages.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_20200531_144725.jpg
    IMG_20200531_144725.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • IMG_20200531_144743.jpg
    IMG_20200531_144743.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG_20200531_144822.jpg
    IMG_20200531_144822.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:

Msand

Importer
I knew the couple that had this built for the fuso, odd shape for the ram but very necessary for the fuso.. This will be a very fun project for someone, GLWS

wayfaringman13

I knew the couple that had this built for the fuso, odd shape for the ram but very necessary for the fuso.. This will be a very fun project for someone, GLWS
I agree on all counts. Definitely looked a lot better on the Fuso but I got tired of trying to source a used Fuso in decent condition so I had to go with the Ram. But I sure do love the comfort of the Ram! And that camper box has a ton of possible options! Thanks for the kind words. Cheers! Joe

I know Joe personally and was excited to see how this build was going to unfold. Far too often "life" changes point us in a new direction. Joe is very meticulous with his things, maybe something to do with his aircraft maintenance background ;) Hate to see it go but excited to see what the new owner does with it!! GLWS!!

wayfaringman13

I know Joe personally and was excited to see how this build was going to unfold. Far too often "life" changes point us in a new direction. Joe is very meticulous with his things, maybe something to do with his aircraft maintenance background ;) Hate to see it go but excited to see what the new owner does with it!! GLWS!!
Thanks for the kind words Adam and Michele. It's crazy....that "life" thing, but I have finally learned not to fight it....just enjoy it; and be present. Enjoy your meandering back to the east coast! Cheers! Joe

wayfaringman13

I am about to install the Kelderman on my 5500.

Were you satisfied with it all around?
A million times over!!! I had initial reservations with "swaying" under load....nope, nada. It may be just a tad overkill for my setup, as I am nowhere near full GVWR, but after riding on concrete blocks (stock springs) empty, across country, I had enough! I was going to do coilovers up front, but really, I didn't want to do any more suspension stuff until I swapped out those Conti's.....good lawd.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
A million times over!!! I had initial reservations with "swaying" under load....nope, nada. It may be just a tad overkill for my setup, as I am nowhere near full GVWR, but after riding on concrete blocks (stock springs) empty, across country, I had enough! I was going to do coilovers up front, but really, I didn't want to do any more suspension stuff until I swapped out those Conti's.....good lawd.

Awesome! Glad to hear! THANK YOU!

Did you also install it in the front, or just the rear? I am planning just the rear, for now anyway

wayfaringman13

Awesome! Glad to hear! THANK YOU!

Did you also install it in the front, or just the rear? I am planning just the rear, for now anyway
Same. Just the rear. Mike at TNT does about 8-12 ambulance upfits per year, and came highly recommended by Kelderman. Did a super clean install on my truck. My ONLY complaint is there isn't a momentary "pause" switch/position....it's either full up, or full down with rear-only application, to my knowledge. Probably wouldn't be too hard to install later. Good luck with your build; I like following your stuff on IG. :)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Same. Just the rear. Mike at TNT does about 8-12 ambulance upfits per year, and came highly recommended by Kelderman. Did a super clean install on my truck. My ONLY complaint is there isn't a momentary "pause" switch/position....it's either full up, or full down with rear-only application, to my knowledge. Probably wouldn't be too hard to install later. Good luck with your build; I like following your stuff on IG. :)

Thank you very much!

for now, i am planning on just a manual install and no auto leveling, or complicated bits. Basically just the presta valve. Air up for the freeway, air down for the dirt, just like my tires. :)

I may of course change my mind after usage, but for now, i just plan on trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks for the IG compliment. I've been in a holding pattern waiting for bumper and subframe to be done. Its getting there so hopefully more pics and vids soon!

Thanks

Last edited:

wayfaringman13

Took some pics in the late afternoon with heavy cloud cover. All natural light, no camera flash. Windows open. Fridge slide on the far wall (slides under bench). Storage under bed with clothes hangar bar. All extra window cutout panels from manufacturer. All screens and shades ready to install.

Attachments

• habitat4.jpg
    habitat4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles