SOLD !! 2018 GLOBAL EXPEDITION VEHICLE-- TURTLE XL-- RAM 5500 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL 4X4

Sparrowhawk

TOTAL MILEAGE TO DATE IS 30,000 MILES (100 miles, at most, have been off road)
THE CUMMINS TURBO RAM CHASSIS HAS BEEN SERVICED ACCORDING TO RAM GUIDELINES.
Exterior has been well maintained with regular washing & waxing
Reason for Selling: Change in life circumstances
Price: $250,000, Clear Title
Description: 2018 GXV Turtle XL
White exterior/White interior
Contact info: Nancy Kent 413-548-9739 (cell or text) or email nancykylekent@gmail.com
Serious inquiries only
IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_0701.jpgIMG_1092.jpgIMG_1185.jpgIMG_1761.jpg

UPGRADES AND ADDITIONS (Go to GXV website for list of standard features & specs- click on Turtle Models)
XL Model - 14' 3" (foot longer than standard model)
Locking Cab-to-Cabin Door
Remote Starter Package
Rear Back Up Camera
Natura Opening Wall Panel
Natural Latex Queen Mattress
Wilsonart Solid Surface Counter
Custom Leather Dining Cushions with organic latex cushions
Vitrifrigo Marine 2-Drawer Stainless Fridge/Freezer (Refrig 3.7 cu/ft, Freezer 2.7 cu/ft)
2 Mli Ultra 12/5000 Lithium-Ion Battery - 500 amp current per battery/360 amp hours per battery/ 5000 watt hours per battery
2 Additional Solar Panels (total of 3) - each solar panel is 200 watts. Total of 600 watts.
90 gallon Fresh Water Tank
100 gallons diesel in 2 tanks (main fuel tank is 52 gallons - additional 48 gallon tank is for Webasto heat/hot water & can also be remotely transferred to the main tank via switch in chassis)
Air Conditioner
Microwave/Convection Oven (Stainless)
Flojet 2840 Series Water Booster System
Microbiological Water Purifier at kitchen sink for drinking water (Seagull)
Awning (manual)
GXV Roof Rack
2 large capacity weather proof black aluminum storage boxes bolted to roof rack (great for out-of-season clothing/sports gear)
Sliding Cargo Tray (800 lb. capacity) in storage area
Magnum Front Bumper
Kuat Heavy Duty bicycle rack (2 bikes)
New in 2020:
1) Upgraded suspension (additional leaf springs)
2) Additional 3 stage water filtration system (for entire water tank)
3) New grey tank heater plus full insulation for grey tank
4) Side windows & windshield tinted in chassis

Scroll thru Replies to see additional photos along with 5 pages of meticulous details regarding specifics on Chassis

**Lettering on the exterior of the vehicle is vinyl & easily removed**
IMG_2119.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:

Sparrowhawk

For additional photos of the interior of our Turtle XL go to the GXV website & click on Models- click on Turtle- click on Interior Gallery- click on Natura Opening Wall, Dual -Pane Acrylic Windows. There you will see interior views of our Turtle XL when it was first completed. It has been on the road only since July 2018.

Sparrowhawk

Several people have asked for specifics on the chassis. Here they are as attachments- NOTE: the bench seat was replaced with 2 cloth bucket seats. Driver's side seat is electronically controlled. IMG_0712.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0714.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0716.jpg

Last edited:

bculberson

Could anyone tell me what one of these would have been new with similar options? The site shows it starts at 280k, but I have no idea what the options would be and what the discounts would be.

YF_Ryan

I've read that options are commonly around 25 to 30% of the base price. And a quick search shows those batteries alone are around $10,000 each. I'm obviously no expert, but the wife and I were seriously contemplating the Adventure Truck, so we've done a lil research. Even took a trip to GXV to check it out. Their stuff is awesome. The base Adventure Truck is 198k, but I figure at least 250-270k with the options most would get, which fits in well with that 25-30% I had seen before online.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Could anyone tell me what one of these would have been new with similar options? The site shows it starts at 280k, but I have no idea what the options would be and what the discounts would be.

Discounts? I don't think GXV/AT gives any discounts.

These Turtle's rarely come up for sale, and comparing this used rig to other similar options (ER, EC, etc), it's a rare opportunity.

YF_Ryan

I'm pretty sure they mean how big a discount is this used rig vs the same rig new. Obviously if it was a savings of 10 or 20k, not worth it prolly. But if its 50-80k cheaper? Pretty good deal!

gregmchugh

Observer
I'm pretty sure they mean how big a discount is this used rig vs the same rig new. Obviously if it was a savings of 10 or 20k, not worth it prolly. But if its 50-80k cheaper? Pretty good deal!

Even with a price not much lower than a new one you can avoid the delay required to get a new one. Assuming it is close to what you want in terms of configuration you can start using it now.

Sparrowhawk

Ryan is in the right ballpark - a new Turtle XL (larger than the standard version) with these options would be well over 300k.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Ah, copy.

Msand

Importer

These Turtle's rarely come up for sale, and comparing this used rig to other similar options (ER, EC, etc), it's a rare opportunity.
There was the F550 that was up for sale for $140,000. And like 44k miles, it's hard to price used GXV's
20140510_122630 (1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier