SOLD: 2018 Airstream 19'CB Flying Cloud light trail ready - Lakewood, CA

wesel123

Explorer
Had a recent addition and our family is growing and we are running our of room is this amazing trailer. Moving up to a 25' (wife's plan) or off road trailer (my plan). Purchased January in of last year and have used ins about 20 nights. Just paid the registration and had all of the appliances serviced.

We had the dealer install the Dexter Factory 3" lift kit with 245/75-16 BF Goodrich KO2's. This combo allowed us roughly 9 inches of ground clearance to get to those out of the way camp spots. TV has been upgraded to a Samsung 24" Smart TV, we added an additional exterior LED light to brighten up the surrounding camp spots (Although we never got a chance to use the clearance as its never been off road). Just put in 2 brand new batteries 2 months ago.

Has all the upgrades the 2018 models came with; Upgraded electrical system including a multi-stage converter and an improved battery disconnect feature, combined inverter outlets eliminate need for secondary outlet, Dedicated HDMI wall plugs and wiring to articulating TVs.All the factory options have been checked off on this trailer (see photo of window sticker). Has convection microwave in lieu of oven.

Trailer is in like new condition, new owner will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
It's a 13,500 btu A/C and my Honda 2000 with eco mode off would run it. But I ended up getting the newer Honda 2200 and that ran it much better. It's the start up thats the kicker. Once running it's no problem.

The AC was great when boondocking but this unit also has dual Max Fans with auto rain sensors and would open the one above the bed, run it and then open the other Max Fan above the galley area without the fan on and it would cool it down in 10 to 15 min.

The AC would cool it down, heck make it crazy cold, in 5 to 10 min. I would run it for about 15 and turn it off. It's crazy how well insulated the Airstreams are.

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I had no idea you'd gotten an Airstream! I vote for another airstream. I'll offer this unsolicited statement - instead of the 25, go for the 27FB. The extra room won't make that much difference on the road, but in the bedroom, it's night and day.

wesel123

Explorer
Hey bud, the 27 will not fit in our driveway lenght wise, 25 is our max.

That being said, we were about to pull the trigger the other day and the dealer had a used Outdoors RV. We went down the street to another dealership that had new Outdoors RV's. We are highly considering one, they are NOT Airstream build/design quality but damn well built. And 1/2 the price!!! That's a lot of trips.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I'd encourage you to look how quickly you sold your Airstream. I've not lost money on one yet. I dare say that may not be the case with any other brand(s).

wesel123

Explorer
Actually I lost a ton on this trailer. If I traded it in they would have given me $38k, only a year old trailer with a MSRP of $64k. OUCH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles