SOLD 2015 Toyota Tacoma DCLB, 4.0L, 4x4 *Westminster, CO* SOLD

Adventurous

Explorer
Life’s plan is taking me in a different direction and it is with much sadness that I am putting my Tacoma up for sale. I purchased this brand new from Mountain States Toyota in Denver, CO in October of 2014. During that time it has been used, but definitely not abused; my off roading habits were limited more to exploring than they were rock crawling or tackling difficult trails. None the less, the truck is very well built using only high-quality components. The build list is extensive (build thread can be found here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/132721-Battleship-Jones-2015-Tacoma-DCLB-Build-Thread), so forgive the length:

2015 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed, magnetic grey metallic in color
47,615 miles as of the time of writing (will increase as I still drive this vehicle)
*has OEM sport hood with scoop*

Drivetrain:
4.0L V-6
4x4
Automatic transmission
Nitro 4.88 gears with ARB air locker (front)
Nitro 4.88 gears with ARB air locker (rear)

Suspension:
King 2.5 remote reservoir front coilovers w/ 700lb springs and compression adjusters
Wheeler’s Superbumps (front)
Light Racing UCAs w/ greasable ball joint
King 2.5 remote reservoir rear shocks w/ compression adjusters
OME Dakar leaf pack, drilled for spring isolators
BAMF heavy duty shackle and shackle hanger replacement
Timbren active off-road bump stops with u-bolt flip kit
Total Chaos LCA tab reinforcements

Armor/Recovery:
ARB front bumper with ARB fog light kit and Smittybilt X20 10K winch (steel line)
Pelfreybilt 3/16” steel IFS and mid skid plates
All-Pro Offroad sliders with kickouts
Bruteforce Fab standard dual swingout rear bumper with jerry can holder, powder coated gloss black
ARB CKMA12 on-board air compressor

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
SCS F5 3.5”BS in gunmetal, matching spare, 16”
BFG KM2 255/85R16
Insain Fab cab mount chop
EBC slotted and dimpled sport rotors
EBC yellowstuff brake pads (come with a spare set)
Toytec extended length stainless braided lines (front) & Goodridge +4” stainless braided lines (rear)

Other Cool Stuff:
ARB Safari Snorkel, newer model for Tacoma
Prinsu Design Studio cabrac & caprac
Leer mid-rise topper in black
ARB 2000 awning
Truck Vault (5’ version) & Bed rug
Bussmann relay block wired to 5 interior switches
Prodigy P3 trailer brake controller
Techdeck w/ Ram Mounts
Blue Sea fast charge USB outlet (always hot)
Blue Sea 12V plug on back of center console (always hot)
Custom baltic birch rear seat platform with l-track tie downs and Herculiner coating (rear seat WILL be included with the truck)
Tub & doors coated with sound deadening material
40” LED light bar on the roof, 28” LED light bar on the bumper

Extra Stuff:
I will include any and all extra parts I can scrounge up. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Rear Seats & behind seat storage bins
Plano AW gun cases
Matching SCS F5 spare rim
ARB inflation kit
Full sized foam mattress for the bed

The truck is, as a whole, in great condition, I would give it a 9/10. Inside it is a 9.5/10 as well, no rips/tears/strains to the upholstery, it was never soaked, and it has never been smoked in. Outside has some pin-striping and a couple of small dings, cosmetically I would rate it a 9 out of 10. On the exterior, I have been very diligent about wire wheeling, priming, and VHF enamel painting any visible rust on the frame and components, so it is super clean underneath. Mechanically it is a 10/10, I have experienced no issues with anything the entire time I owned it. The troublesome air injection pump foam was removed and aftermarket filter was added early in its life to avoid the dreaded foam ingestion and failure. With the exception of the first few oil changes (synthetic, covered by Toyota Care) and the cab mount chop/TC cam tab gussets, I have performed all maintenance and part installation on the vehicle. I will provide a detailed maintenance log to the buyer with the date, mileage (when relevant), and notable details for any maintenance performed on the truck. I will also furnish all documentation and extra parts in my possession with the vehicle.

Disclosures:
A Carfax for this truck will show two incidents, the first being an accident and the second being hail damage. I will be open and honest about either, I have nothing to hide and am happy to answer any and all questions if it alleviates your concern.
The accident occurred when I was rear ended in traffic on the highway. Traffic came to a halt, the truck behind me did as well, the truck + trailer behind him didn’t and pushed the truck behind me into my rear end. Damage to my truck was minimal, the OEM rear bumper was dented and a there is a small dent on the tailgate as a result. The vehicle was evaluated by a repair shop and verified as having no damage to the frame. I used the insurance money from this accident to purchase the Bruteforce rear bumper.
The second incident occurred in May 2017. Unfortunately, Colorado is a hail prone area and a storm rolled through when my truck was in the parking lot at work. The damage was professionally repaired by the good folks at Fort Collins Collision Repair in Fort Collins, CO. They did a fantastic job and all components used are OEM Toyota. I can provide additional details if requested, but rest assured that the truck was restored to new condition.

This truck is truly a turn-key expedition/offroad ready rig. I’ve done all of the hard work and put the money into it so you don’t have to. With only 47K on the clock, it is barely broken in and should provide the next owner with a myriad of great memories like it did for my wife and I.

No, I do not need any help selling this and no, I will not accept $20K, a paintball gun, an Xbox, and your Toyota Celica that runs like a top. No dealer inquiries either please, it is not worth it for me or you to discuss this truck. And no I am not parting the truck out, so please do not ask.

The truck is located in Westminster, CO. Title is currently held by the bank, so the buyer must be willing to visit the bank with me to perform the transaction. I am asking SOLD as-is, as described, with all additional and documentation I can find included. Serious inquiries only please. More pictures can be furnished upon request.

Thank you,
Tim

DSC_4039 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4043 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4045 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4047 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4048 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4055 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4057 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4061 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4064 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4066 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4036 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

DSC_4068 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

Last edited:

Watt maker

I’ve followed this awesome build pretty much from day one. If I was in the market to buy, I’d definitely take this off your hands. Hope it sells quickly and goes to a good home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles