SOLD: 2014 Tundra / 2018 Four Wheel Camper For Sale (San Diego)

Johnbonn

Nice build, the time and thought that went into it shows. Question and I am sure you have a good answer, why not the flatbed camper verse the slide in, to gain more inside room with the flatbed model. We were leaning towards and looking for a flatbed, we like the under-bed storage that comes with the flatbed models and the expanded floor space.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Nice build, the time and thought that went into it shows. Question and I am sure you have a good answer, why not the flatbed camper verse the slide in, to gain more inside room with the flatbed model. We were leaning towards and looking for a flatbed, we like the under-bed storage that comes with the flatbed models and the expanded floor space.

Thanks!

A few reasons of why i didn't go with the "flatbed" FWC from the get go.

1- They sit almost 6" higher than the slide in, altering your COG considerably.
2- The slide in is more than enough room and storage for me.
3- Slide ins are considerably easier to sell down the road and fit in any pickup without expensive mods/flatbeds.
4- The flatbed version is about 12-13k more than the slide in, and the minimal space gain didn't warrant the additional costs, for ME, but everyone is differnt and every has different needs.
5- I generally dont spend much time INSIDE the camper when traveling, i more just use it to sleep and make breakfast.

Any other questions, feel free

Thanks

Skinhyfish

Observer
Always followed your rig on the gram.. would love the bed, but I know you don’t want to part at this moment. How much did the custom bed run?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Always followed your rig on the gram.. would love the bed, but I know you don’t want to part at this moment. How much did the custom bed run?

Thanks man! I can't really give an estimate on that because i supplied a fair amount of the material and odds and ends for the swing out tire carrier and such.

If i was to ballpark a number, i would GUESSTIMATE $6k

Dirt doctor

Nice set up.

Just sold our TRD Pro & kimberley kamper & your set up is the direction I will head with my next build

Second photo looks like a bailey bridge south of Ross River on the Canol Road in the Yukon

Dirt doctor

1571287802314.png

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Nice set up.

Just sold our TRD Pro & kimberley kamper & your set up is the direction I will head with my next build

Second photo looks like a bailey bridge south of Ross River on the Canol Road in the Yukon

WOW! Impressive!

Yes sir, that’s exactly where that is!! Good eye

Save lots of money and time and buy this one :)

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Amazing! That’s what I built it for!

No official head as the one they offer takes up a ton of storage.

I do have the folding potty thing that uses the WagBags though.

Are you talking about the PETT portal potty? We’ve used that system for over 15 years. The cost per poop is a bit pricey, but the system is so much cleaner, stink proof, and easier to dispose of than cassette and other systems. Good choice! easily stored and set up. Wifey loves it, especially at night.

Love your rig. Wish we had the money to purchase it.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Are you talking about the PETT portal potty? We’ve used that system for over 15 years. The cost per poop is a bit pricey, but the system is so much cleaner, stink proof, and easier to dispose of than cassette and other systems. Good choice! easily stored and set up. Wifey loves it, especially at night.

Love your rig. Wish we had the money to purchase it.

Yes, the PETT.. yeah cost per poo isn’t the cheapest option, but the convenience factor makes it worth it for me.

Thanks for the kind words

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles