SOLD 2013 Tiger Malayan LT 4x4 4-season expedition rig

Kifo4

All PMs returned, haven’t updated images sorry those who have requested. Have a couple showings this weekend, it’s been hard gauging how serious everyone is.

If you are interested in the rig, I’d really appreciate a personal assessment of whether you are ready to buy this rig pending your questions being answered/surveying the rig BEFORE reaching out to me...it is getting a bit tiresome to entertain those who are really just kicking tires. Thanks.

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Just curious how come such little use on it? I tracked this one for a while. When it sold (presumably when you bought it) around January 2018, it had 33,000 miles on it and was in Vancouver BC. The drive from Vancouver BC to Malibu CA is around 1,300 miles. So that puts odometer at 34,300. Today you say it has 35,321 miles, so you've only put about 1000 miles on it in the 21 months you've owned it. Has it not lived up to your expectations or do you just not have enough time to use it? I'm just curious because like you said this was the only malayan built on a reg cab and I wonder how it performs in such a short wheel base and is stable and smooth on the road.

Kifo4

The short wheelbase is absolutely great for trails, and it’s not too short to handle nicely at speed.

It purely came down to other interests and lack of time to use it. Amazing how stuff like this happens in life-you make a move in one direction but then life takes you somewhere else. I brought it down from up north, serviced everything, my parents took it on a local 2 night trip and since then it hasn’t been used.

Poor Malayan-she wants to get out there!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I'm just curious because like you said this was the only malayan built on a reg cab and I wonder how it performs in such a short wheel base and is stable and smooth on the road.

My 2011 Ford Tiger regular cab has about the same dimensions as this Malaysian and it drives great on the roads....even on badly maintained roads. It’s so much easier and more relaxing to drive than my old B+ van too. Seriously.

And what’s really nice is you’re not worn out fighting the winds (cross or head winds) or the wrestling with the steering, after a long day on the road (these are surprisingly more aerodynamic than they look, mainly because of their relatively narrow bodies). Also, it’s very easy to do a short arc u-turn when needed.

So basically, I’d say that it’s really no different than driving my DD Chevy k2500 with about the same wheelbase.

Last edited:

AKworld

Is this an F250 or F350? If an F250 have you had it weighed? Wet with two people how much capacity is left for gear? Thank you

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Is this an F250 or F350? If an F250 have you had it weighed? Wet with two people how much capacity is left for gear? Thank you

That’s a very good question.

I’m wondering if perhaps the “250” was just a typo, because I thought by that year Tiger had quit building their campers on the 3/4 ton chassises.

My 2011 is built on an F-350 chassis, for example.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Well, there you go, mystery solved!
Thx mucho.

Yeah, turns out I could not see that detail “clearly” at all on my iPad mini’s tiny screen (I don’t have a regular computer any more). My bad.

6A885ECC-F469-4BB3-AF8C-E777F3708CD9.jpeg

So, I’m gonna have to go with nomad’s tried and true excuse here
Heh, prob. I still contend it wasn't there at first. If it was I'm going blind far too young.

Penalty Shot.....Free Bump, BTT

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
I already brought this up in a previous thread on this unit. It IS and WILL BE severely overweight per the sticker on the door once it is fully loaded wet. I would guess the wet weight to be somewhere around 11k but who knows. That being said, there wasn't really any difference in 2012 between an F250 and an F350, just the sticker and maybe some rear overload leaf springs. And if the F250 was ordered with the camper package then they are identical. In some areas though, like British Columbia, it is actually against the law to drive with a bigger load than the GVWR sticker but in most jurisdictions it doesn't matter. At this point I would say 30-40% of all campers are overloaded on the road. I saw an Eagle Cap 1200 the other day, dry weight 5350# out of the factory with options. It was on a F450 dually with 5200# of payload. So dry weight is already over the payload lol. Thing drove beautifully according to the owner.

Tony T

My wife and son looked at this Tiger over the weekend. They thought the build quality was excellent and it’s in pristine condition. Unfortunately, it’s a little too small for our needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kifo4

My wife and son looked at this Tiger over the weekend. They thought the build quality was excellent and it’s in pristine condition. Unfortunately, it’s a little too small for our needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony. Always good to have a ‘stranger’ give an unbiased positive assessment of a rig! Nice meeting your family.

All new messages returned, I’m leaving for a trip tomorrow and won’t be back until late Tuesday the 17th. Feel free to reach out if interested; my service will be spotty but I will do my best to reply.

Price lowered to $103,000.

Kifo4

The Malayan has sold. Congrats Jerry. Look for this rig around UT, WY, and perhaps AK next summer! Good luck in your search all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94