SOLD 2013 Tiger Malayan LT 4x4 4-season expedition rig

Kifo4

The Malayan Line was Tiger Adventure Vehicle's high end 4-season 3 point mounting system/aluminum exoskeleton line that ran until 2017. Speaking with heads at the company, the Malayans were just too darn expensive to build. The amount of labor to fit all of these systems into the boxes, as well as building the boxes themselves-they were just not able to build them rapidly enough. Mileage is low, condition is excellent, price is low-we're just looking to move this rig to someone who will use her to her full potential. Serious inquiries only, thank you.

2013 Tiger Malayan LT
2012 Ford Regular Cab XL F250 Chassis
Mileage: 35,321 miles
Fuel Type: GAS
Price: $105,000

This rig is impossible to match in build quality and amenities for this price. The three-point coach to chassis mount, aluminum exoskeleton, and highly insulated design prepare them for all conditions. The size is manageable and maneuverable, and this is one of a very select number of rigs that can truly be used in the winter with full insulation/heat/water systems.

Reason for sale is lack of use. Its sad to see this rig sitting in the driveway-she’s ready to adventure. Whether its to South America, Alaska, the SW, or the local ski hill, this rig is hard to beat!
f90c988a2b1720f5f4cd4effc7b3e097.jpgIMG_8822.jpg bathroom.jpgcabinets.jpgecenter.jpginverter.jpgkitchen.jpgpassthrough.jpgsolar.jpgupholstery.jpg

Chassis Highlights:
• 2012 Ford Regular Cab XL F250 Chassis
• Interior Color: Steel
• Exterior Color: White
• 6.2 ltr 385hp V-8 Gas Engine; 35 gal fuel tank
• 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
• Manual 4wd w/ Locking Hubs
• 200a Alternator
• Upgraded Wheels (Black Mags) and Tires (Nitto)
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller; High Towing Capability
• Electronic locks/alarm
• Vinyl Seating; Two Captain’s Chairs w/ Pass-thru to Coach
• Extendable Mirrors – Powered Glass
• Skid Plates; Cab Step Rails
• 3.73 Electronic Locking Differential
• Firestone Airbags w/ Compressor
• Westin Front Grille Guard w/ Halogen Off-Road Lights
• Daytime running lights
• Upfitter Switches
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller; High Towing Capability
• Blue Sea Coach Battery Charging System

Suspension upgrade:
• Helwig Sway Bars
• Replaced factory 2-Leaf Overload Spring with a Multi-Leaf Overload Spring
• Added an extra leaf to the rear primary leaf springs

Coach highlights:
• All Aluminum body w/ insulated cavity
• Three-Point Coach-to-Chassis Mount System
• Interior Height – 6’4”
• Sleeps 4
- Overhead bed (Full 80x5) 5" high-density foam mattress w/ Sheepskin topper)
- Fold-out L-shaped couch
• Aluminum ladder for bunk access (removable)
• All house controls above coach door
• 2800w Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
• 400w Solar w/ MPPT Controller
• 6,000BTU Air Conditioning, battery operated
• Fantastic 3-Speed Power Vent
• 19” Flat-Screen TV w/ DVD & In-House Entertainment System
• Interior LED Lighting (2 settings)
* Multiple 12v and 110v outlets
• Veneer Covered Wood Cabinets; Vinyl Flooring
• Pull-out couch w/ marine-grade vinyl
• Granite-style composite countertop & Table
• Nova Kool 2-Way Compressor Fridge w/ Freezer
• Recessed two-burner range
• *Microwave oven removed; replaced w/cupboard storage
• Drinking Water Filtration System
• Pull-out pantries (2)
• Satin nickel positive-catch push knobs for cabinets
• Cab privacy curtain; additional custom cold weather insulated curtain
• Enclosed full-height wet shower w/power vent
• Cassette toilet w/ 4.5 gal. waste tank
• Fresh Water Tank (30 gal); Grey tank (20 gal)
• Propex Heater and 4 gal. LP hot water heater
• Deep-cycle Maintenance free AGM Coach Batteries (600AH)
• Westin Front Grille Guard w/ Halogen Off-Road Lights
• Voyager Back-Up Camera
• Dometic 8ft Awning
• 12 cu. ft. Outside Storage
• Dual-Pane Windows w/ Screens and shades built-in
• 30A Electrical Service
• Outside Water Spigot
• Heated tank pad for grey water

Dimensions
Interior Height: 6ft 4in
Interior Width: 6ft 8in
Interior Length: 8ft 6in (from back of cab to rear of coach)
Overhead Bed Height: 23in (from top of mattress to ceiling)
Exterior Height: 10ft 2.5in
Exterior Width: 7ft 1in
Exterior Length: 19ft 7in (back bumper to edge of grill)
Dry Weight: approx. 9600 lbs.

Last edited:

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
GLWS......too rich for my blood, but toured one at Provan in SC, and they are incredibly made, plus Provan is great company that stands behind product.

Tony T

Hi, I’m interested - but on the other side of the country. I’d like to have someone view the truck this weekend if that works for you.

Thanks,

Kifo4

Wow rare high end Tiger. Love it, bet it sells fast. Cheers!

Thanks! It is a rare one for sure-Malayan LT is compact and nimble-took me over a year to find one. Appreciate the sentiments, hoping the right buyer stumbles across this and takes her all over!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Pictures of rear storage, upper cabs in kitchen, outside access to cassette toilet, and inside toilet please?

So....No genny? How many days do the batteries and solar keep you going while in the boonies (heater, fridge, h2o pump, fan, a/c etc.)?

Some brief information on the “battery powered a/c please?
Thx

Nice rig....I might want to consider upgrading from my Bengal.

Kifo4

Pictures of rear storage, upper cabs in kitchen, outside access to cassette toilet, and inside toilet please?

So....No genny? How many days do the batteries and solar keep you going while in the boonies (heater, fridge, h2o pump, fan, a/c etc.)?

Some brief information on the “battery powered a/c please?
Thx

Nice rig....I might want to consider upgrading from my Bengal.

Thank you. I will take some more shots later and attach.

No genny. Like many of the well-equipped Sprinter builds we're starting to see, the rig is entirely capable of unlimited stays in the boonies with regard to 12v loads. All 12v amenities can be used (heater, fridge, h20 pump, fan, entertainment, charging personal devices) indefinitely with a moderate amount of sun exposure on the 400 watts of panels and 600aH AGM bank.

The A/C is an AC load and runs through the inverter. When you turn it on, it pulls about 35amps. So it depends on your sun exposure. The other day I was testing it and the unit was only pulling 12 amps because the solar was compensating for the rest of the draw. Just like any inverter-powered AC solution, it is not meant to be used nonstop unless on shore power. You could probably get away with extended runtime in the sun. A few hours in the evening to cool down the rig after a hot day? No problem.

adam88

Explorer
This is super rare. I remember this being for sale a few years ago in Vancouver BC (I am sure this is the same one?) and I missed out on it. I love the regular cab and the look of it. I think you'll sell it no problem.

Carolina4x4

Interested. Would like to see sleeping layout - looked on Youtube, no videos of this particular model. We are two kids and two adults, so sleeping arrangements are a priority. Thx.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Interested. Would like to see sleeping layout - looked on Youtube, no videos of this particular model. We are two kids and two adults, so sleeping arrangements are a priority. Thx.

Easy answer: plenty of room for two adults and two kids.

Two adults sleep up above the cab in the bigger bed, and the two kids sleep down below in the roomy couch bed (my Tiger’s couch bed is about 42” wide by about 80” long).

Should be seatbelts in the couch seats for the kids too.

The ride in back is smooth enough for the kids to enjoy it, and the big windows back there make their views great.

Last edited:

Kifo4

I'm going to take some more photos tomorrow and update the listing. I'll convert the couch and include measurements of both sleeping arrangements. The dimensions and descriptions AbleGuy provided are essentially correct. There are indeed seatbelts bolted to the bench frame for kids/passengers.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
If any of you have any interest at all in this sweet rig, you’ve only got to test drive it to fall in love with it. You will be absolutely happily amazed with it’s performance.

My 2011 ford gasser Tiger (same engine, same size approximately) gets about 14 mpg on the highway too (13.8).

And these fully self contained Tigers are so much more easy to park at the grocery store en route when you’re gearing up, parallel park on main streets of the little towns you want to stop and visit, or fit into the last campsite at the state park that’s left over because none of the big rigs could fit in it.

At only about $100k, you should be able to buy this, use it for a few years and then still get almost all of your purchase price back when you re-sell it because these are so hard to find and are in such high demand.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles