SOLD-2013 Jeep Jk Unlimited with J30 Ursa Minor Camper

Toddrg

Located in San Diego
Not selling the top by itself, so don't ask.

2013 Jeep Wrangler JK 4x4 4 door Automatic
89,900 miles current will increase.
No accidents, clean title in hand.
$28,500

This is a great YouTube video that reviews the Ursa Minor top from The Road Chose Me. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qsFGlycMk&ved=2ahUKEwjK6qfZr4LtAhX1N30KHcM3BEYQwqsBMAB6BAgZEAg&usg=AOvVaw2VyXGkioijeObnSzXG7cxD

SUSPENSION- orginal was a 3.25 Rustys Radius arm suspension kit.
I kept the springs and rear control arms. Front suspension has been changed back to 4 link. Metal Cloak adjustable upper and lower control arms were added along with a Metal Cloak heavy Duty adjustable track Bar. New heavy duty adjustable tie rod and Rubicon Express steering stabilizer with relocation bracket. Keeps it tucked behind the tie rod safely. Front sway bar quick disconnects from Steinjager. Easy to remove and tuck up with bungees.
Rear is Rusty lower adjustable control arms and upper heavy duty control arms. Rustys adjustable track bar.
Rear springs have helper air bags to account for extra weight of top and gear loaded in back. Stock rear sway bar was kept with longer sway bar connectors. This Jeep corners surprisingly well with little body roll.

SHOCKS- are Fox Racing Performance series smooth body reservoir on all four corners. Perfect for bounding down washboard roads in the desert.
AXLES- front Dana 30 upgraded with axle truss installed and welded for extra support. 4/56 gears and chromoly shafts. Terra flex limit straps.
Rear dana 44 has been upgraded with 4/56 gears and Chromoly shafts. Terra flex limit straps.

Tires and rims are brand new BF Goodrich A/T KO2 315/70R17 on 17x9 Pro Comp Alloy matte black rims. Stock tpms sensors.
Rubicon rock sliders for body protection, shortened 1.5 inches for tire travel. Barricade tube rock sliders are installed under the Rubicon slders. Adds some more protection from other car doors and is a great step for tieing down gear and securing top.
J30 Ursa Minor roof top tent. Has LED lighting in trunk space, reading lights and center light up top. Rear window delete for added security. Brand new sleeping pad from Ursa Minor. I also added a 3 inch memory foam topper for compfort. Stock mattress is very firm. The memory foam pad really keeps the access panels from rattling while driving. I dont use the hatches for access, I use a ladder from the side.
Top of roof painted white keeps it cooler inside the tent. All zippers work great. No tears in bug screens. Rubber pads were installed where side hinges rub. Minor staining on canvas. Top of roof is in good shape with only minor stress cracks. Set up and take down takes just a few minutes.
Thule roof rack and removable aero cross bars are geat for attaching extra gear or mountain bikes.

Bumpers- I purchased off CL, unsure of manufacturer- front steel winch bumper with bull bar, stock fog lights relocated, winch hooks, grade 8 hardware. Never got around to installing a winch.
Rear Bumper has swing out tire carrier, space for two 1.75 gallon Rotopax gas cans (possibly for sale separately), 3rd LED brake light behind tire, relocated license plate (was partially blocked by the tire carrier lock), bottle cap opener to delete license plate hole, custom license plate holder with led lights, full size hitch. Handles the BFG'S perfectly with very little movement while off roading. I wanted to replace stock bumpers at beginning of Covid and there wasnt much available. I've been pretty happy with these bumpers. Huge improvement over stock.

Electrical- brand new Oddysey group 34R AGM battery. This battery is the best bang for buck mod for overlanding. 80 Watt ECO- WORTHY solar panel and charge controller is installed in rear driver side, tucked nicely behind roll bar. It is connected to the battery and also has a cigarette style adaptor which I run my 12volt refrigerator from. Will run all day off the solar panel without discharging the battery at all. Can run my fridge all night off battery and still start the jeep in the morning.

Exterior is in great shape with minimal imperfections, paint shines nicely, hinges have typical corrosion as they all do. Side glass has a few scratches from sand getting stuck in the window seal. Windsheild is free of imperfections. Under carriage has been treated with rust resistant primer and painted over. I live near the ocean and wanted some extra protection. Spent about two days on this with 12 rattle cans. 2 coats each.

Interior is in excellent shape, no tears, stains and is clean. Outland rubber fitted mud floor mats keep the interior free of dirt. Front door cupholders replace the worn out door pockets. Cell phone/cupholder installed on the passenger grab handle. Rear seats are perfect and recently installed for the sale.
Rear has two roll bar mounted storage bags. They are great for organizing trail tools and gear. Sit nicely in the unused area on sided of rear trunk.
A/C and heat both work great. In cabin air filters installed behind glove box. Great for traveling on dusty roads.
3 months remaining on Sirius satalite account.

I have a Jscan programmer and have adjusted tire size, gear ratio and a few other minor adjustments. Jscan is a great tool if you plan on doing more mods. Very easy to use. Iwould recommend.
All fluids recently changed. All recalls taken care of including air bag recall. New A/C compressor, new right bank cam phazers. No engine codes and running like a top.

Just finished a 1500 mile trip through Utah and Arizona. Jeep ran great and stayed cool at 112 degrees all through Imperial valley.
Im sure i missed a few things, but that is the gist of it.

Attachments

• Jeep Ursa1.jpg
    Jeep Ursa1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 672
  • Jeepursa2.jpg
    Jeepursa2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 661
  • Jeepursa3.jpg
    Jeepursa3.jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 635
  • Interiortop.jpg
    Interiortop.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 612
  • rear top open.jpg
    rear top open.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 620
  • 20201007_072831.jpg
    20201007_072831.jpg
    887.7 KB · Views: 612
  • truss.jpg
    truss.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 622
  • rearshot closed.jpg
    rearshot closed.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 548
  • inside top.jpg
    inside top.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 503
  • 20201108_113306.jpg
    20201108_113306.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Toddrg

More pictures upon request

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 175
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 192
  • front interior.jpg
    front interior.jpg
    878.3 KB · Views: 194
  • front suspspring.jpg
    front suspspring.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 190
  • rear susp.jpg
    rear susp.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 190
  • rear interior.jpg
    rear interior.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Front susp.jpg
    Front susp.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 194
  • fronttopclosed.jpg
    fronttopclosed.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 20201012_155407.jpg
    20201012_155407.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138

resqd1

Adventurer
No lockers?
Dana 30 front?
2.72:1 transfer case?
What size lift?
What size tires?
Do you have a hard or soft top as well?

Toddrg

No lockers?
Dana 30 front?
2.72:1 transfer case?
What size lift?
What size tires?
Do you have a hard or soft top as well?
No lockers.
Dana30 front.
Stock transfer case
lift is 3.5 Rustys. I had front Radius arms changed back to true 4 link Metal Cloak upper and lower adjustable control arms.
Tires are 315 70R/17 New Pro Comp Alloy rims.
No hard or soft top.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Not sure if I read it in your discription or not but why are you selling and how long have you owned it.

resqd1

Adventurer
No lockers.
Dana30 front.
Stock transfer case
lift is 3.5 Rustys. I had front Radius arms changed back to true 4 link Metal Cloak upper and lower adjustable control arms.
Tires are 315 70R/17 New Pro Comp Alloy rims.
No hard or soft top.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Let me talk it over with the wife.

Superduty

Adventurer
There was a set of Dana 60 JK axles for sale on the Los Angeles Craigslist the other day.

Would make this Jeep bulletproof.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

resqd1

Adventurer
There was a set of Dana 60 JK axles for sale on the Los Angeles Craigslist the other day.

Would make this Jeep bulletproof.

They sold already... or the posting is deleted at least. I had already thought about that but seeing as our budget is under 30 and where we play we need lockers front and rear. ???. No way I was going to get those 60s and this for under 30 total. The life of a firefighter is amazing but you ain’t getting rich at it. Patience I guess.

Toddrg

Not sure if I read it in your discription or not but why are you selling and how long have you owned it.
Sorry, I missed your post.
Dont want to sell it, but I anticipate losing my job soon when the cold weather arrives. Amusement park I work at has been seriously affected by covid. I will need a pickup truck to get back into contracting.

resqd1

Adventurer
Me
Sorry, I missed your post.
Dont want to sell it, but I anticipate losing my job soon when the cold weather arrives. Amusement park I work at has been seriously affected by covid. I will need a pickup truck to get back into contracting.

Messaged you

Superduty

Adventurer
They sold already... or the posting is deleted at least. I had already thought about that but seeing as our budget is under 30 and where we play we need lockers front and rear. . No way I was going to get those 60s and this for under 30 total. The life of a firefighter is amazing but you ain’t getting rich at it. Patience I guess.
I went back and looked for that cl ad and yes it was gone. It was a great deal.

Life of a firefighter.... Do you work for a large West coast agency? If not, you should. Then you need to get deployed to a few brush fires up north for 2 or 3 week stints. The LA City and County guys make a small killing for each assignment.

resqd1

Adventurer
I went back and looked for that cl ad and yes it was gone. It was a great deal.

Life of a firefighter.... Do you work for a large West coast agency? If not, you should. Then you need to get deployed to a few brush fires up north for 2 or 3 week stints. The LA City and County guys make a small killing for each assignment.

Small Central Valley Dept. I was just on duty 38 days in a row and deployed to 3 fires including the lightning complex and the Creek fire. But yeah we don’t get paid like the la city folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles